• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They're not going to remove it. Once it's added, it's here to stay no matter how broken and pointless it is. See: decadence, seduction focus.
Oh shush you!

Let me at least have this small moment of.... what's that feeling called again? Positive outlook on things...... HOPE! That's it!

Let me have this small moment of hope.

Reactions:
Considering that (as far as I recall) most temporary opinion modifiers tend to be negative, this patch is going to make successions a lot more !!FUN!!...

Reactions:
Between the new DLC options for inter-realm depth, and the free patch...well....everything, you've got me more excited to boot up CKII than I've been in ages (not a knock against CKII, still one of my favorite games..just keep putting off feeding my addiction)

Reactions:
Not really. Retinues are something people actually want. Most people were outspokenly not happy about Infamy when it was announced. For those people who actually want it, let them buy into it.

As stated above, this allows them to heavily modify and change things around should it turn out, in the final mass-market environment, to not work out. It also allows them to overhaul UI elements without having to maintain mutliple versions of the UI.

Reactions:
Why is everyone disagreeing with this? It's a valid point, the game should be optimized.

Of course... but why should it be on the list? Paradox allways tries to optimize the game (with more or less success). It's nothing major.

Reactions:
Most people? Over half? Anything to back up those claims?

TP6RzOp.png

Reactions:
The default death scream has been my phones notification sound since CK2 released. Nice to know now I'll have options.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Aye, but the majority of forum users wanted a non-Steam option, and look what happened there.

Apples and oranges. That's completely different than changing gameplay mechanics, especially after announcing the new DLC a la carte design philosophy.

Reactions:
Apples and oranges. That's completely different than changing gameplay mechanics, especially after announcing the new DLC a la carte design philosophy.
It's not apples and oranges, although I suppose I have the bad habit of just implying my meaning, so I can see where you might have gone down that path.

What I should have explicitly stated, is that the vocal members of this forum are a minority of Paradox's customer base. You can get overwhelming support for an idea on the forums, but that does not mean that Paradox's customers are overwhelmingly in support of the idea.

A 314/216 split like/dislike on a post that covers multiple ideas that could be liked/disliked for any number of reasons is not support for the idea that even the majority of players on the forum like or dislike the idea, much less their playerbase as a whole.

Reactions:
While Infamy is certainly more controversial than most claims, it is important to remember that agrees/disagrees on a dev diary post are not representative of the actual ratios within the player base. To start with the majority of players do not frequent the forums. The real reason it isn't a representative sample though is that the two sides have very different levels of motivation to rate the dev diary post. Dissenters have to disagree to have any hope of getting their way. When reading the dev diary if you agree with everything there is no real incentive to click Agree other than a vague tendency toward gratitude. On the other hand if you read a dev diary and disagree the Disagree button is one of the easiest ways to voice this and attempt to enact change.

Reactions:
While Infamy is certainly more controversial than most claims, it is important to remember that agrees/disagrees on a dev diary post are not representative of the actual ratios within the player base. To start with the majority of players do not frequent the forums. The real reason it isn't a representative sample though is that the two sides have very different levels of motivation to rate the dev diary post. Dissenters have to disagree to have any hope of getting their way. When reading the dev diary if you agree with everything there is no real incentive to click Agree other than a vague tendency toward gratitude. On the other hand if you read a dev diary and disagree the Disagree button is one of the easiest ways to voice this and attempt to enact change.

Do you have a better way to gauge community support for a change?

Reactions:
A 314/216 split like/dislike on a post that covers multiple ideas that could be liked/disliked for any number of reasons is not support for the idea that even the majority of players on the forum like or dislike the idea, much less their playerbase as a whole.

Well, the posts are mostly about Infamy and people complaining about it, so....

Reactions:
Do you have a better way to gauge community support for a change?
Not personally. Getting good stats on the internet is hard. I imagine if Paradox ran a poll in the banner of the site though that would have a lower error margin. Paradox also has access to the stats on how many people read that dev diary thread (we have views number, but that is numbers of clicks not distinct visitors) that means they have access to the ratio of readers to dislike on that thread. Readers to dislike ratio compared to other announcements would a more useful metric for gauging discontent, but again not a real ratio. Of course all of this only accounts for the opinions of forum users. Information about the opinions of the entire player base would either require some kind of sample testing or just releasing the game and seeing how well it performs in hours played per purchase.

Reactions: