• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Magnus Arrius:

*Magnus stares at Senator Mojmirid, furious over his suggestion.*

"You... you think she is guilty? That she is a heretic? How? You cannot dismiss all she has done for the people, for the Imperium herself. We should be discussing how to save her, not how her death can aid us! Sending her to the Xenoi... no one deserves such torture, least of all a girl of royalty who has done what she can to avoid disaster. It is foolish to declare her a heretic, and if the Imperium has any wisdom she will be found innocent at the Synod. We owe her too much to dismiss her, to cast her out. "

*Moving away from the other Blue Demes, Magnus runs a shacking hand through his hair, trying to calm himself.

"Where is our host? I want to know why we are here, so that we can be done with this business."

{{To clarify, my last statement isn't telling Czoklet to hurry up, just to reflect Magnus' rage.}}
Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid

*At hearing Senator Arrius' outburst Flavius arched an eyebrow and cocked a half smile.*

"Senator Arrius, I never said I thought she was a heretic. All I said was that we know the outcome will be a condemnation of heresy. My only suggestion is that we use that condemnation in the best way possible. I can assume that you are a supporter of her then, perhaps even a secret follower of her teachings? Be that as it may, I could care less if you were Christian, Jewish, Muslim, some Xenoi faith, or even worshiped the ancient Mesopotamian gods like Assur. Religion has no place in my heart, all that I care about are facts, and information, and how to use them in ones favor. We don't need to have her assassinated, although outside of the country it would be easy for my agents to do. However exile in any case is the best option. Thinking rationally, had the ancient Romans merely exiled Jesus, he could not spread his teachings and we would all still be worshiping Jupiter. There is no need to get so emotional over the subject."

*Flavius gives Senator Arrius a dead eye stare, as though he was conveying his force of will through merely a gaze.*

Last edited:
{{ FYI: apostasy and atheism are both treated as capital offence. Like all senators your character was baptized, so saying things like this could lead to death by burning (and some "enhanced interrogation" before that).

I'll end the meeting when I get back home. }}

{{ FYI: apostasy and atheism are both treated as capital offence. Like all senators your character was baptized, so saying things like this could lead to death by burning (and some "enhanced interrogation" before that).

I'll end the meeting when I get back home. }}
{{I am aware of this, however my character never said he didn't believe in religion, it just never held a place in his heart, e.g. he just does not care. Doesn't mean he does not hold a religious belief that is the same as the majority, he just does not hold it as his guiding force. ;)

Also I know that he is not committing the offence of apostasy since he is not abandoning nor renouncing his beliefs in Christ.}}

Last edited:
{{ @CzokletMuss On an unrelated Topic, does the Empire have the Right of Appeal? Meaning, can someone who is convicted of a crime appeal to the emperor to revisit the judgement?}}

{{We always knew the Blues were heretics as well as traitors and Pisans, we should send them to Cherson to fight the Mongols in punishment!}}

{{We always knew the Blues were heretics as well as traitors and Pisans, we should send them to Cherson to fight the Mongols in punishment!}}

{{I can see it now. As Taurinus's courage to fight wavers, Mandromenos walks up and puts a bullet in his skull and says "Return to the fight and you may die, but run from the fight and you will die" to give encouragement!}}

Reactions:
FACTION MEETING - CLOSING

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby annouces that

THE MEETING OF THE BLUE DEMES HAS ENDED

Noble senator Alexios of the House Este-Ravenna has resigned from the position of the Red Speaker.
May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Isaakios Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Reactions:
And it is OVER! See you heretics at the banquet this weekend.

Well, that was fun. I wonder if Magnus will die, or if my gambit pays off.

I am prepared for anything, be it heretics or simply people that need to be "removed" my blade will find them. :p

FYI I'll release an update on dynatoi probably on Friday or later, I have lots of work this week.

Reactions:
Anyone read the new EUIV dev diaries? I'm liking some of the features and rebalances, Elective Monarchy especially.

Reactions:
FYI I'll release an update on dynatoi probably on Friday or later, I have lots of work this week.

There is no rush, I am sure that we will be able to occupy ourselves until then.

Reactions:
The heresy is spreading! I may need to return if there is an open spot next session...

The heresy is spreading! I may need to return if there is an open spot next session...

The Senate has a few vacant spots in the Diary, you might get lucky.

I feel like our senators might have some, interesting, interactions if I can get back in.

So, are you admitting heresy, or are you a follower of the Lord and Emperor like Mandromenos?

So, are you admitting heresy, or are you a follower of the Lord and Emperor like Mandromenos?

You are asking the player of the Senator that talked about a return to the Pantheons of old during a Senate session, which got him burned at the stake for blasphemy ;)

Reactions:
You are asking the player of the Senator that talked about a return to the Pantheons of old during a Senate session, which got him burned at the stake for blasphemy ;)
But that's not heresy, that's just plain blasphemy and worshipping of false gods!