• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{:eek: ...dis getting uncomfortable. I wrote oldest known Muzaka as retired one legged veteran. Better skim over some earlier sessions...}}
{{Yep :D
That's why it confused me. Turns out Moustekas was @Andre Massena }}

Reactions:
{{ "Economics" aka tax evasion }}

{{ We're using it for preparations. While the Reds bicker and the Whites chart, we are readying for the coming storm...}}

Senator Alexius Colombo:

*Alexius coughs loudly, as to grab attention*

"Alright, I think we ought to move on now. I appreciate a good weapon as much as anyone, but there are more important things on hand. Let the Reds obsess over such details..."

{{We're getting a bit off track here; I don't think the other forumites need to hear about our preferred gunpowder recipes}}

"While it isn't as immediate a concern as the banquet, I think we should talk a little about our impressions of Sophia's first entrance."

*Alexius frowns*

"I'm not sure what to make of her beliefs as such, but I am worried that she is committed to being a martyr. She showed little to no tact in approaching the questions given to her; I'm not sure I could think up a more inflammatory response to the Nicene Creed than hers that wasn't something out of the mouth of Xenoi."

"As such, we should be more careful about expressing support, or even neutrality towards her. If she wants to be a martyr, fine, but I won't let the Blues go down with her in flames. I'll only condone rapprochement or neutrality with her if she is committed to finding a solution that doesn't lead to her being executed. But we will see tomorrow at the opening of the tribunal. For now, I would refrain from seeming at all sympathetic to her cause, regardless of your actual feelings."

Senator Philaretos Mandromenos

*Philaretos considers Colombo's words as his third cup of wine joins the first two. He refills his cup*

I agree. We need to be careful what we let others see. I say we all keep light scowls on our faces if we see Sophia or her followers anywhere in Ravenna. Martyrs are dangerous opponents. It is simple to defeat and destroy any other enemy, but one determined to die puts us in a difficult situation. If she dies a heretic, her followers will surely sack this town in retribution. However, how do we stop this woman from further misleading the people? Detainment has little advantages to execution. And I do not believe that she will reconcile with the Church. Death may be the worst thing that we can do, but it may be the only thing we can do.

If the rules didn't change with the revision, non-participants do not need to use brackets.
Really? You mean to tell me that this whole time I've been using those annoying brackets and I didn't even need to?

{{
Really? You mean to tell me that this whole time I've been using those annoying brackets and I didn't even need to?

I'm quite sure. Somewhere within these 420 pages, I think Czoklet said something like that. But at least you can be glad that you found out now! :)

The current head of House Moustakas begins following the Sente proceedings with interest

There, you've done it. You just awakened one of the undead Necro-Senators. Unforeseen one-legged rambling old madskeletonmen will start walking within the halls of Magnaura. Our true horrors are about to begin...
}}

Reactions:
The current head of House Moustakas begins following the Sente proceedings with interest

{{Ayy welcome back! The Imperium has... well, it's gone downhill a bit since you last played a Senator. There's been one mass assassination, a purge, several mad/heretic Senators, and lots of mysterious letters. Dynatoi houses have corrupted the Reds and Whites, and heresy now threatens to take over the Imperium. I'm heading the Blues as a bi-polar cannibal.

In short:

THIS IS B̶O̶A̶T̶M̶U̶R̶D̶E̶R̶E̶D̶ MADNESS

I recommend the 5th Senate Session and its accompanying meetings for priority reading.}}

*Philaretos considers Colombo's words as his third cup of wine joins the first two. He refills his cup*

I agree. We need to be careful what we let others see. I say we all keep light scowls on our faces if we see Sophia or her followers anywhere in Ravenna. Martyrs are dangerous opponents. It is simple to defeat and destroy any other enemy, but one determined to die puts us in a difficult situation. If she dies a heretic, her followers will surely sack this town in retribution. However, how do we stop this woman from further misleading the people? Detainment has little advantages to execution. And I do not believe that she will reconcile with the Church. Death may be the worst thing that we can do, but it may be the only thing we can do.

Blue Speaker Alexius Colombo:

"I think it is best to let the church leaders decide how to proceed: We will adapt to their and Sophia's actions. Us trying to meddle with the results will either draw ire from the high and powerful or the angry and multitudinous. At all points, unless it becomes inevitable that one side will win without repercussion, we should maintain an air of mild disgruntlement, such that neither Hoi Polli or Dynatoi can object vigorously. As of yet we have no dog in this fight, although the reports of Sophia's troops shutting down merchant houses are unsettling..."

Senator Absalon Hvide

"I must admit that as a man very far into my winter years i have a quite different perspective on these matters than most i wager. I find the whole situation invigorating and exciting..." *Absalon pauses for a moment, his heart racing, his breath quickening while licking his lips.* "My friends it is like watching one of the great plays take form before my eyes, a masterpiece of a tragedy, each of us players, all of us in the audience and all of us players on the stage. I almost want to see all of this descend into chaos just so i can be here to witness it, i guess that the fact that i wont see the consequences is clouding my judgement."

*Even now he could hear the devil, the one that spoke to his father on the floor of the senate so many years ago, whispering in his ear, give in to the heresy, drink your fill from the chaos and watch the Imperium descend into madness. He shakes his head while taking a deep breath, calming down.*

"But should i take the next generation into account i agree with you both, throwing our lot in with her would be suicide, though it would be an entertaining few hours." *Absalon stops to gaze out the window, for such a low establishment it has an excellent view of the city.* "How do you think it would go if we argue the middle ground? That we argue for the reintegration and the harmonization of Sophia and her followers into the church? It would not be unprecedented, church doctrine has been altered in the past. Could we perhaps take our rightful place as the pragmatists, here to keep both the warmongers and the fanatics in check. Heresy or not i believe that all wise people here realize that to brutally crack down on Sophia and her followers would be to cut off the arms of the Imperium. Not only would it place the legitimacy of the Angels into question, but the sheer amount of followers she has gathered, to kill or convert them all would take resources that the Imperiums simply does not have. On top of that the loss of manpower would leave both Egypt and Italy depopulated. I say that if we can even get the slightest voice in these matters we should push for a peaceful resolution in these matters. If the worst comes to pass i see only the slow death of the Imperium and my people."

*Absalon stares at his hands on the table and whispers.* "In introspection, chaos and death quickly loose their appeal."

{{Ayy welcome back! The Imperium has... well, it's gone downhill a bit since you last played a Senator. There's been one mass assassination, a purge, several mad/heretic Senators, and lots of mysterious letters. Dynatoi houses have corrupted the Reds and Whites, and heresy now threatens to take over the Imperium. I'm heading the Blues as a bi-polar cannibal.

In short:

THIS IS B̶O̶A̶T̶M̶U̶R̶D̶E̶R̶E̶D̶ MADNESS

I recommend the 5th Senate Session and its accompanying meetings for priority reading.}}

Blue Speaker Alexius Colombo:

"I think it is best to let the church leaders decide how to proceed: We will adapt to their and Sophia's actions. Us trying to meddle with the results will either draw ire from the high and powerful or the angry and multitudinous. At all points, unless it becomes inevitable that one side will win without repercussion, we should maintain an air of mild disgruntlement, such that neither Hoi Polli or Dynatoi can object vigorously. As of yet we have no dog in this fight, although the reports of Sophia's troops shutting down merchant houses are unsettling..."

Senator Absalon Hvide

"I must admit that as a man very far into my winter years i have a quite different perspective on these matters than most i wager. I find the whole situation invigorating and exciting..." *Absalon pauses for a moment, his heart racing, his breath quickening while licking his lips.* "My friends it is like watching one of the great plays take form before my eyes, a masterpiece of a tragedy, each of us players, all of us in the audience and all of us players on the stage. I almost want to see all of this descend into chaos just so i can be here to witness it, i guess that the fact that i wont see the consequences is clouding my judgement."

*Even now he could hear the devil, the one that spoke to his father on the floor of the senate so many years ago, whispering in his ear, give in to the heresy, drink your fill from the chaos and watch the Imperium descend into madness. He shakes his head while taking a deep breath, calming down.*

"But should i take the next generation into account i agree with you both, throwing our lot in with her would be suicide, though it would be an entertaining few hours." *Absalon stops to gaze out the window, for such a low establishment it has an excellent view of the city.* "How do you think it would go if we argue the middle ground? That we argue for the reintegration and the harmonization of Sophia and her followers into the church? It would not be unprecedented, church doctrine has been altered in the past. Could we perhaps take our rightful place as the pragmatists, here to keep both the warmongers and the fanatics in check. Heresy or not i believe that all wise people here realize that to brutally crack down on Sophia and her followers would be to cut off the arms of the Imperium. Not only would it place the legitimacy of the Angels into question, but the sheer amount of followers she has gathered, to kill or convert them all would take resources that the Imperiums simply does not have. On top of that the loss of manpower would leave both Egypt and Italy depopulated. I say that if we can even get the slightest voice in these matters we should push for a peaceful resolution in these matters. If the worst comes to pass i see only the slow death of the Imperium and my people."

*Absalon stares at his hands on the table and whispers.* "In introspection, chaos and death quickly loose their appeal."

I see that we agree in this matter. Does anyone else have anything else to say? If not, we have little else to speak of and I would like to leave and prepare for our little show at the banquet.

*Philaretos finishing the last of his cup, his fourth. He has drunk an entire bottle himself.*

Senator Absalon Hvide

Blue Demes Speaker Alexius Colombo:

"I suppose what I am trying to is that while it would be nice to have rapprochement, I am not convinced Sophia is willing to compromise her ideals. Until she comes to the table, we cannot either."

*Turning to Mandromenos*

"I agree, I think we've accomplished a great deal today; I feel much more prepared for this "banquet" than I would otherwise, and we've cleared up our position on Sophia a good deal as well. I think it'd be best for us to part ways now; the perfume is wearing off and the longer we spend here the greater risk of an ear or eye of the Dynatoi noticing us. Does anyone have any last comments before we adjourn?"

{{ @CzokletMuss feel free to wrap this up soon; we're pretty much done here and want to see what Sophia's been up to}}

Senator Mangus Arrius:

"Gentlemen, how can we ask Sophia to meet our demands? She is above the entire Senate. The people love her and she is royalty. I see nothing to be gained from insulting and only rewards for trust her.

If she is found to guilty, that she must repent and her name will not save her, those loyal to her can claim they followed out of loyalty to the crown. If she is found innocent, then her followers will be in her good graces. Why risk it when we have nothing to gain?"

{{Sorry for my lack of activity, I've had a busy day.}}

I see that we agree in this matter. Does anyone else have anything else to say? If not, we have little else to speak of and I would like to leave and prepare for our little show at the banquet.

*Philaretos finishing the last of his cup, his fourth. He has drunk an entire bottle himself.*
{{Looks like I have a new drinking buddy for the feast!}}

luciusmalfoy012 said:
THIS IS BOATMURDERED MADNESS

{{Yes. This pleases me.}}

Reactions:
Senator Mangus Arrius:

"Gentlemen, how can we ask Sophia to meet our demands? She is above the entire Senate. The people love her and she is royalty. I see nothing to be gained from insulting and only rewards for trust her.

If she is found to guilty, that she must repent and her name will not save her, those loyal to her can claim they followed out of loyalty to the crown. If she is found innocent, then her followers will be in her good graces. Why risk it when we have nothing to gain?"

{{Sorry for my lack of activity, I've had a busy day.}}

We cannot, and that is the point. We can only hope that both her and the Patriarchs are not consumed by zealotry to be unable to reconcile and compromise. And that the Dynatoi do not interfere and create another disaster, but that last may be a lost cause.

*He raises his chalice above his head, despite it being empty*

To the Emperor and his Imperium, may both of them last long!

*He takes a drink, only to be disappointed by the lack of wine in his cup*

{{Looks like I have a new drinking buddy for the feast!}}

{{Not until the duel is over, and it ends in a good way...}}

{{It seems like I've awoken a dead Senator :eek:
Hopefully I won't be burned for necromancy but I doubt this ritual will not go unnoticed by the athenatoi.}}

Reactions:
Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid:

*As Flavius listens to the other senators a constant idea just buzzes within his mind, after hearing no one bring it up, Flavius decides to interject.*

"Gentlemen, I fear we have lost sight of the reason this Synod is being held, to decide whether she is guilty of heresy or not. We all know the final outcome will be a declaration of guilt of heresy. However we have lost sight of a key tool that we can use in this. Of course siding with her is a death sentence, but demanding her death just leads to martyrdom. There is always a third option, and no I do not mean abstention from choice, as that is as bad as siding with her. Exile, gentlemen, exile. Exile her to some distant land in Africa or the Xenoi homeland. Then while she is on the trip... *Flavius pours himself one last goblet of the blended wine.* an "accident" occurs. With this we can kill two birds with one stone, as the saying goes. Vengeance against the murdering "nation" for killing a member of the emperors' house, while at the same time another threat to the imperium is disposed of without a trace. With her death we could even raise the heretics into a powerful army willing to die for the sake of their new found martyr. If all else fails, permanent exile in a foreign land, where she can no longer harm the imperium, is certainly a win for all sides.

*Picking up his goblet, Flavius drinks the rest of the wine. Setting down his now finished goblet of wine upside down, Flavius looks at the rest of his fellow senators.*

Unless of course someone here has a better plan?

{{Not until the duel is over, and it ends in a good way...}}
{{And what way is that? Let's see, Mandromenos was shown contempt by the Komnenoi, and driven out of the palace.. on the other side, he was blackmailed and railroaded to Blues by Dalassenoi, reason to hate them as well. No matter how this skirmish ends, he won't have vengeance... but hey, you can just knife whoever wins! That'll show them.:D}}

Senator Magnus Arrius:

*Magnus stares at Senator Mojmirid, furious over his suggestion.*

"You... you think she is guilty? That she is a heretic? How? You cannot dismiss all she has done for the people, for the Imperium herself. We should be discussing how to save her, not how her death can aid us! Sending her to the Xenoi... no one deserves such torture, least of all a girl of royalty who has done what she can to avoid disaster. It is foolish to declare her a heretic, and if the Imperium has any wisdom she will be found innocent at the Synod. We owe her too much to dismiss her, to cast her out. "

*Moving away from the other Blue Demes, Magnus runs a shacking hand through his hair, trying to calm himself.

"Where is our host? I want to know why we are here, so that we can be done with this business."

{{To clarify, my last statement isn't telling Czoklet to hurry up, just to reflect Magnus' rage.}}