• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I mean that raze + LA increase would give the same net unrest as non-hordes (or current hordes for that matter?) have if you neither increase nor decrease unrest. In that situation you IME usually avoid rebels if you have at least some stability or other unrest reduction.
what...

in general even with raise autonomy and no humanist you are going to get one rebel spawn unless you're doing something like triple religion decision stacking

Bugs/Fixes/Features I would also like to see resolved/added :

- Allow disbanded army totals to go back into the manpower pool
- Allow ships when you annex someone like Genoa not to be "stuck" in an unexplored ocean.
- The famous full reload when you go to the menu (especially annoying if you have a custom new world)
- If engaging in war with an ally whom you have promised war territory, if you make a seperate peace with an enemy and gift them provinces, it goes unacknowledged. (E.g. Uzbek and Horde vs. Nogai and Crimea, seperate peace with Crimea and give territory to Mongols, act as though they got nothing).
- Fix Westernize button to offer a breakdown of what conditions are met (and not met) to westernize rather than just list requirements and leave user guessing why they can't westernize.
- In custom nations, add "extended trade range", "papal influence", "native assimilation" to custom nations as an option - Compared to the HoI3 custom builder, seems limited.
- In custom nations, allow you to play "as" e.g. Spain and just "modify" things without losing a starting explorer or general. Allow unit adjustments (starting cogs/carracks, etc..).
- Non aggression pacts / Spheres of Influence / Alliances and Mutual Defence Treaties vs. Specific enemies.

Edit :

- Add tagging units (CRTL-1 --> Press one, goes to the relevant unit - useful for global empires)
-

Wiz, is it enough to post here, or you want me to put this elsewhere? :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Will we be getting any new NI groups in 1.15?

Reactions:
what...

in general even with raise autonomy and no humanist you are going to get one rebel spawn unless you're doing something like triple religion decision stacking
It all depends on how many provinces are in the rebel faction and the religion of those. If you have a faction with a single same-religion province, it usually won't fire even with neither humanist nor religious ideas and no LA increase. If you have more provinces in the same faction you usually need to increase LA in at least some to avoid rebellions. If religion differs a bunch of factors come into play, but with religious or humanist ideas you can usually avoid rebellion without increasing every province's LA.

This is all in general, mind, not hordes specifically.

Edit: And I'm not saying it's optimal to do the above. Unfortunately rebels are cheap enough to deal with when you get big enough that just decreasing LA is often the way to go.

Last edited:
Scenario 3: You raze and return. A. If its a rival you cant sell province, so - lets say 5 new provinces on conquest - you return them via province interaction for -50 prestige and made no progress. B. You sell them and still made no progress.
Hordes are not supposed to get prestige hits for returning provinces.

Reactions:
Can you guys expand the peace deal screen? It is kind of small. The production and diplomacy screens were enlarged yet the peace screen stayed the same.

Reactions:
Finally, a small but fairly significant addition: In the little 'war shields' next to the minimap that display wars you are in, you will now be able to see not only the warscore, but also the enemy war leader's war enthusiasm, so you don't have to open the war overview to know when it is time to peace out.
Can we have 4 ''war shields'' ?
One happy horse, one sad horse like you show.
And one happy pencil (good and green) and one sad (broken red) pencil. When I start a war, often, I prepare a peace deal at the begining. And I check if they will accept my peace deal. So, I would like a easy warning for see my acceptable peace deal.
Pencils of course, should be more important than horses.

Reactions:
I love how enemy leader's enthusiasm is represented by a horse's eagerness... simple and practical art

Absolutely. I'm very impressed by some CKII icons as well - proud (cat with dead bird), temperate (long fuse), trusting (dog wagging tail) etc.. I always wonder who came up with those and imagine some team meeting like this:

Can you guys expand the peace deal screen? It is kind of small. The production and diplomacy screens were enlarged yet the peace screen stayed the same.

"Bigger Peace View ++" mod on the Steam Workshop. But yeah it kinda sux the game doesn't pick you a decent UI size depending on your resolution.

The autonomy is pretty much unimportant regarding the changes. And as I said in the post on p.1 only decreasing autonomy seems viable, so the LA ignoring from estates will actually be worth less.

Scenario 1: You raze, you get +10 unrest. Even with increasing autonomy the unrest will sit at around +15 from all the modifiers. Rebels will spawn at some point. So decrease it for fast +35 unrest and then -100.
Scenario 2: You don't raze, you tank horde unity and get up to +4 global unrest.
Scenario 3: You raze and return. A. If its a rival you cant sell province, so - lets say 5 new provinces on conquest - you return them via province interaction for -50 prestige and made no progress. B. You sell them and still made no progress.

Both razing and not razing = more rebels. Returning provinces is playing without progressing.
I have a hard time to see any of these changes as fun. Heck I have a hard time seeing any of these changes as thought through OR there are some other changes to rebels/horde unity that havent been mentioned.
What about: Taking provinces, razing, then releasing a vassal from ceded provinces or giving those provinces to a vassal? Wouldn't you get monarch points, no unrest and still progress (albeit not in an immediate way)?

All changes looks pretty good, but what about some changes in religion like orthodox, of Far East`s? Right now convert in european religion like protestantism and сalvinism makes sence for everyone in case of army.

And, on some screens I can see several changes in province configuration in russian region, so that means savegames 1.14 won't work on 1.15?

I agree with you but this sort of stuff should have been avoided in the 1st place. My point is that all of this was very predictable and should of had been corrected before release maybe with less raze efficiency, something like 10% or so. Now anyone interested in playing hordes will have to put up with even more f****** rebels unless the player likes to conquer the same provinces over and over again (as if EU IV was not already repetitive enough).

Yes, this +10 revolt modifier is truly shocking when razing a province... how dare those peasants revolt when you destroy their cities and murder them! What were the devs thinking? Clearly people enjoyed living under these types of stable and goodly regimes.

Reactions:
Next up is an addition to the peace screen where both the suggestion and the actual UI work came from noted youtuber Arumba. When you are taking non-core provinces in a peace deal, the peace view will now show you the cost in admin points that will be incurred by making these provinces into cores.

Love this change, but I have one question. Will it include coring costs for provinces in colonial regions where you already have a colonial nation? Personally I feel no guilt making my 6 province Florida colony pay the admin to absorb the entire rest of the USA for example.

Can you guys please add support for 4K screen resolutions? It works now but the UI is so small that I can't see a thing! Please, I love your game and I've been playing it lots but now I can't anymore... :(

I have the same problem with my 13" 1080p laptop screen, but honestly how many games have you really played that address this issue? I just run games at some non-native resolution and never really had any problems. Adding aspect ratios in addition to dimensions in the video options UI would be nice though.

I'm glad to see that the "spread of discoveries" mechanic has finally been redone.