• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This Austria, just wtf is going on there
His screen from weird screenshot thread:
6cAxoUv.jpg

That propably explains everything.

Reactions:
Austria actually owned most of Savoy too, but they lost it after this rebel madness.
They also were my best allies for 350 years, but they simply rivaled me in 1810...

India opener -> DOW'd Kochin, chained wars to annex / vassalize Southern indian OPMs (Kochin claimed Venad, annexed Venad, fabricated on Madurai dragging in Malabar and annexed Malabar + vassaled Madurai), then opportunistically vassalized Bahmanis and waited for Vijayanagar to make a misstep. Oman -> Yemen -> 2x wars against Mamluks to get a border with Tunis then DOW'd them and Westernized off Portugal. Iberia was isolated so that was not a big deal, used Austria as beatstick vs the rest of the European powers, then dismantled HRE + turned on Austria at the end.

Main exploit I used was the template / build in subjects -> free manpower exploit allowing me to beat a blobbed Vijayanagar with my 2 vassals (though probably hit somewhere around 10 war exhaustion since WE gains are scaled vs force limit). Maybe its more powerful than the truce and full annex exploits in 1.13.

Reactions:
India opener -> DOW'd Kochin, chained wars to annex / vassalize Southern indian OPMs (Kochin claimed Venad, annexed Venad, fabricated on Madurai dragging in Malabar and annexed Malabar + vassaled Madurai), then opportunistically vassalized Bahmanis and waited for Vijayanagar to make a misstep. Oman -> Yemen -> 2x wars against Mamluks to get a border with Tunis then DOW'd them and Westernized off Portugal. Iberia was isolated so that was not a big deal, used Austria as beatstick vs the rest of the European powers, then dismantled HRE + turned on Austria at the end.

Main exploit I used was the template / build in subjects -> free manpower exploit allowing me to beat a blobbed Vijayanagar with my 2 vassals (though probably hit somewhere around 10 war exhaustion since WE gains are scaled vs force limit). Maybe its more powerful than the truce and full annex exploits in 1.13.
I've heard about India openers but I always figured out that it was actually the second step since I figured you couldn't have coring range that far. Apparently I was wrong.

XGXMXb9.jpg

My little Lazarus.
Tried to get Aragon too (Sicily) But Poland was defender of the faith, and the noob that I am, with Army tradition close to 10,The guy that doesnt upgrade Forts and only upgrades buildings, got ******

Reactions:
2015-12-25_00001.jpg
Started as Tabarestan for "Shahanshah" and then went for "this is Persia". Actually wanted to clean up the borders a bit in the last few years, but then got my 4th regency in that game :mad:

Reactions:
I posted a few pages back about the state of my Germany in the year 1800 which is my very first game to last for more than one century, started with the Teutonic Order and reformed into Prussia and later Germany. I played until the finish line now and thought I could share some maps. The year is 1848 rather than 1821 because first I wanted to finalise my assimilation of Sweden (set the end date to 1836 aka Victoria start date) and then stretched it a little bit more because I wanted to dismantle the HRE, crush an Ottoman revolution to take away their European lands, and do some other things.

And just so you know, this is not Ironman (because I'm still quite new to the game) and I have disabled Lucky Nations. Edit: Also, the game version is 1.11.

World map:
eu4_map_GER_1848_01_01_1.png

Religious map, protestantism ftw!:
eu4_map_GER_1848_01_01_2.png

Player map with me and my subjects, which are: vassals Bulgaria, Greece, and Wallachia; client states Byelorussia, German Austria, Ingria, and Wallonia; and several colonial nations all over the place (never had an independence war in any of them!).
eu4_map_GER_1848_01_01_3.png

Now I need to find me a new nation to play, any suggestions? I tend to stay away from pre-existing great powers like Ottomans or any of the obvious colonial powers because I like to build up my own name so to speak.

Last edited:
Almost finished my SPi game!

aAg4b34.jpg

I have 300 trade income.
I have the highest trade power in English Channel; Genoa and North Sea.

At first I thought RNW disabled AYTABTU but I closed EU4 and it showed up. Strange, since the morale achievements popped up when I got those.

Sadly this is probobly nearly the end for my SPi game. Regency for 10 years.

That awkward moment when the late game AI outshines you...
AdaQ7KX.jpg

Anyway, finished my bengal tiger - aggressive expander - sun never sets - run with my non westernized theocracy. Starting as Bengal obviously. Also AI Prussia which is neat.

Reactions:
GG Kilwa and Yao, keeping the Euros out.

I present you The Neo-Roman Empire, founded in September 4th 1568 by Fernandino I Medici (previously Grand Consul of Florence). Now The Emperor decide to start is glorious conquest by the destruction of the Holy "Roman" Empire ! FOR THE EMPEROR !
HWZ4imE.jpg

(Mod : Veritas et Fortitudo)

Reactions:
I think I finished this one. Did an Ideas guy run and started in on the desert provinces of Najd. Glorious steppe horde, burning everything it passes.

He5868s.jpg

Since hordes have pretty much unlimited monarch points, I had some fun removing Kebab properly, as well as exporting all Indians to who knows where:

tYpdNqA.jpg

Standard bordergore in Europe sadly. At least the Netherlands almost got it right.

MSlAd2G.jpg

This my "The United States of Greater Austria" campaign:

"The United States of Greater Austria" is an Administrative Federative Monarchy of the following realms:
  1. Apostolic Kingdom of Hungary
  2. Kingdom of Bohemia
  3. Kingdom of Croatia
  4. Kingdom of Lombardo - Venetia
  5. Kingdom of Croatia
  6. Arch Duchy of Croatia
  7. Gran Duchy of Tuscany
I'm in PU with France and the Emperor of H.R.E. (obviously) and passed the last reform so I indirectly control a good part of Western Europe too:

These are the American Colonies (that did Portugal before they entered in PU with myself and being integrated some years ago) ahh Florida is a Colony of France so it is mine too:

I'm using a mod: "Lex Talionis II".

Last edited:
This my "The United States of Greater Austria" campaign:

invia immagini

"The United States of Greater Austria" is one Administrative Federative Monarchy of the following realms:
  1. Apostolic Kingdom of Hungary
  2. Kingdom of Bohemia
  3. Kingdom of Croatia
  4. Kingdom of Lombardo - Venetia
  5. Kingdom of Croatia
  6. Arch Duchy of Croatia
  7. Gran Duchy of Tuscany
I'm in PU with France and the Emperor of H.R.E. (obviusly) and passed the last reform so this I indirectly control a good part of Europe too:
This is one of the ugliest bordergorges I've seen in this game.
It's beautiful.

Reactions: