• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Birken

Mastermind
Paradox Staff
4 Badges
Sep 28, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
Hi Everyone!

Today I’m going show you a little more of an interface we spoiled part of in the dev diary from two weeks ago.
We’ve reworked the law view and instead of cramming everything into a single screen, it’s now divided into several tabs.

dd10.jpg

This is how the inheritance tab looks for the HRE now. More space has been given to pretenders and you no longer have to scroll to see all the succession laws.

As a bonus we’ve added a flavor name and image for your type of government. The flavor names are easy to script and we can use the same images as we use for events which allows for a lot of variation. Rageair has scripted several government flavor entries and we currently have more than 90 base types in the game!

That’s it for this week!

Reactions:
Looks tidy.

Reactions:
That's pretty cool actually. I'm really curious when will you start making Dev Diaries about the new DLC though, I mean you said that it is supposed to come out this month. I'm holding you to your world Paradox. I want my Christmas present.

Reactions:
Does the list of nominees going past the top three mean that we'll be seeing more pretenders?

Reactions:
Interesting, but I find the "Agnatic Elective" ribbon placed a little bit randomly (in that the text is not aligned with anything).
The flavor name seems also different from the global visual identity of the game, especially the low opacity black ribbon.

Reactions:
Is it going to be just an interface change, or are you going to make changing from Elective to non-Elective more difficult?

I always thought, that if succession is elective, such change would have to be voted like other laws.

Reactions:
Will you use a different font type for the government flavor name? The current font looks a little bland. It'd be nice to have font that's more medieval themed.

You can find tons of better font types just by googling. And just about anything would look better than the font you used.

Medieval%20Scribish.ttf.png

Dearest%20Outline.ttf.png

Reactions:
No. It's just that the expansion is still a few months away.
Ok. What is your point though? Stellaris dev diaries are long and detailed and so are HoI IV dev diaries. The same has been true for EU IV dev diaries for when The Cossacks had not even been announced yet.

Reactions:
Starting to think this might finally be that Art of War or Common Sense style general overhaul DLC I've always wanted, but then again these are probably just patch features.

Reactions:
We’ve reworked the law view and instead of cramming everything into a single screen, it’s now divided into several tabs.

Sorry to say, but that looks pretty crammed.
No distance between the portraits and the heir/pretender line and no distance of that line to the law block below. :eek:

..and the portraits too close to the top and to the Nominate button.
Supercrammed.

edit1:Otherwise good idea and nice pictures. Reminds me of CK1.
edit2: Actually it's not as 'supercrammed' as i said first, but a little bit more space between the objects/'things' would help methinks.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ok. What is your point though? Stellaris dev diaries are long and detailed and so are HoI IV dev diaries. The same has been true for EU IV dev diaries for when The Cossacks had not even been announced yet.

Because people kept asking for it. The devs don't feel ready to reveal any big features for the next patch/expansion yet, so we're getting these shorter teases and fluff-pieces. I'm suspecting they don't want to announce anything until after The Cossacks release is behind us.

Reactions: