• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
90 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
Greetings everyone!
With the upcoming release of Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks, Meneth, our eminent Wiki manager, will be running a contest with some awesome prizes!

For complete rules head on over to the Wiki and read all you need to know to participate. Oh, and best of all, you don't need to create a new account, you use your Paradox account credentials to contribute!

If there are questions related to the contest please use this thread instead of creating new ones.

Last edited:
One Question: Exist a Paradox Wiki 3D Puzzle Ball or not? :eek: (where to get?)

As someone who's running the contest I feel confident in saying that:

If during the contest you get all of the 4+ ticket pages (the ones I dub nightmare) to featured article standard. I will have one made and sent to you.

If anyone has any questions about the contest, feel free to ask me here, by PM, or on my talk page on the wiki.

Do all the Wiki's apply or just the EUIV one?

Does the wiki follow the same rules as the forums? For example, there are banned slurs on the forums that Meneth has decided are fair to use on the wiki.

edit: by "wiki" I mean this "wiki contest."

Last edited:
Reactions:
The wiki has a style guide and is meant to be semi formal. If you stick to that then slurs will not happen. If you have examples of slurs on the wiki then please let me know so I can remove them.

Also remember your name will be attached to each edit you make for the contest, don't put something up on the wiki that you don't want associated with yourself in the future.

The wiki has a style guide and is meant to be semi formal. If you stick to that then slurs will not happen. If you have examples of slurs on the wiki then please let me know so I can remove them.

Also remember your name will be attached to each edit you make for the contest, don't put something up on the wiki that you don't want associated with yourself in the future.

Meneth himself has reverted edits where I attempted to remove banned slurs from articles (per this post).

If you examine the edit history from the "Jargon" page on the wiki:

(cur | prev) 14:54, 11 May 2014‎ Meneth (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (5,973 bytes) (+137)‎ . . (The forums is not the only Paradox community. Other communities allow the word "kebab") (undo)
(cur | prev) 14:49, 11 May 2014‎ (Talk)‎ . . (5,836 bytes) (-137)‎ . . (→‎Slang: "kebab" is not allowed on the Paradox forums. It is not jargon that anyone can use.) (undo)
(cur | prev) 19:22, 2 May 2014‎ Meneth (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (5,973 bytes) (+137)‎ . . ("Kebab" is commonly used in the Paradox community regardless of the forum's policies) (undo)
(cur | prev) 16:46, 2 May 2014‎ (Talk)‎ . . (5,836 bytes) (-137)‎ . . (undo)
(cur | prev) 01:26, 2 May 2014‎ Meneth (Talk | contribs)‎ m . . (5,973 bytes) (+136)‎ . . (Reverted edits by (talk) to last revision by ) (undo)
(cur | prev) 00:35, 2 May 2014‎ (Talk)‎ . . (5,837 bytes) (-136)‎ . . (removed term that is unaccepted on the EUiv forum) (undo)

you clearly see that Meneth is not only ok with ethnic slurs, but prevents them from being removed from the wiki.

I am just asking whether the rules for entries to the wiki contest are governed by forum rules as well, since Meneth runs the wiki according to different rules than the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I will speak to Meneth about this soon and will arrive at a solution as soon as I can. The status of the wikis has changed since May 2014 and we may need to make some change to reflect this.

The rules for the wikis are governed by the contest rules and the style guides. The clause of vanadalism is the catch-all against hate speech and other unpleasantness. I also don't want to get stuck in semantic generalities, if you have any specific issues either PM me or use my user page on the EU4 wiki http://www.eu4wiki.com/User_talk:Dauth

Edit: Please ignore the smilie in the name, the link works

As someone who's running the contest I feel confident in saying that:

If during the contest you get all of the 4+ ticket pages (the ones I dub nightmare) to featured article standard. I will have one made and sent to you.
is the modifier modding really that hard?

Reactions:
Going back to grisamentum's point. The Paradox position is that because it is a commonly used word in the community it is ok on that page and that page alone. The aim of the wikis is to provide users (who aren't all on these forums) with information when they want it. I have removed the term from the Jargon page and will ensure it stays removed until we've had a chance to see how often the term is used on the wiki. If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact me directly.

Reactions: