• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Silversweeeper

Ichi no Hito
58 Badges
Aug 24, 2012
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka
Since it appears to be a rather frequent request on the forum to have back the old-style civil wars, here's a quick guide of how to get them back into the game that I found almost by accident:

0. Set up a mod (there are plenty of guides for this elsewhere) so that Steam does not overwrite your changes.
1. Open up 00_cb_types.txt in your mod directory.
2. Comment out all instances of "major_revolt = yes". This is what makes the revolt create a revolter title.
3. Add the following to the "on_reverse_demand" block (assuming you want all vassals to like the liege more if he wins):
Code:
FROM = {
       any_realm_lord = {
         opinion = {
           who = FROM
           modifier = opinion_defeated_major_revolt
           months = 120
         }
       }
     }
4. Save the file.
5. Enjoy.

Known issues I have encountered:
- It appears that you can enforce demands even if a rebelling vassal's territory (not including the faction leader) is occupied by a third party (it works vs. religious rebels at least; I haven't tested it against a landed realm as it is considerably more difficult due to both the liege and the rebels doing their own thing while you gather an army to assault the holding). I don't think you can avoid this as it depends on a hardcoded diplomatic interaction.
- Unless you restrict the potential event troops by adding "match_min" and "match_max" (with reasonable values), it is very likely that the doomstacks of old will be back (with hundreds of thousands of event troops spawning for the faction leader if you are unlucky), which always was unrealistic.

Last edited:
Reactions:
You mean "on_reverse_demand", not "on_reverse_title", right?

Known issues I have encountered:
- It appears that you can enforce demands even if a rebelling vassal's territory (not including the faction leader) is occupied by a third party (it works vs. religious rebels at least; I haven't tested it against a landed realm as it is considerably more difficult due to both the liege and the rebels doing their own thing while you gather an army to assault the holding). I don't think you can avoid this as it depends on a hardcoded diplomatic interaction.

What happens when you finish the war? Does the occupied land just go back to the vassal, or does it stay occupied by the occupier despite not being at war with the vassal's liege?

What happens when you finish the war? Does the occupied land just go back to the vassal, or does it stay occupied by the occupier despite not being at war with the vassal's liege?

The attacker's war invalidates, so the occupation ends instantly.

Reactions: