• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How did you go about making the random names list?
Traditionally many of the new world places were given names whose roots were from local native names. Of course translated. And the european names of places....well they were named after explorers or kings or whatever which is hard to simulate.

Could you guys adjust the random names to roughly coincide with the native cultures in the area?
Like having Aztecs in Manhattan is weird but having Aztecs in areas with names distinct to their culture group would be cool and immersive.

Perhaps in a future patch you guys could slap this together.

This sounds great. Finally I will be able to play random new world. Those continents look gorgeous, and the second picture basically leaves me drooling. :D

This also makes an interesting scenario choice - will we be able to use these hand-crafted tiles into mods that randomize the whole world?

Not going to play scenarios much though, no interest in Eurocentric stupid templar/christianity fantasies or things like that I don't care about.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Awesome!
Two questions:

- Will the RNW have a Seed so you can share particularity interesting scenarios or pick a set-up that suits your specific campaign goal, without being spoilered from checking in the set-up screen?

- Is it possible to add dynamic naming to the provinces based on the owner for modders?

Reactions:
Awesome!
Two questions:

- Will the RNW have a Seed so you can share particularity interesting scenarios or pick a set-up that suits your specific campaign goal, without being spoilered from checking in the set-up screen?

- Is it possible to add dynamic naming to the provinces based on the owner for modders?

Unfortunately no on the seed, it got cut for time. It's something we might look into adding in the future.

Again, no. Would be rather difficult since it's impossible to predict which province IDs end up where.

Reactions:
I wonder how easy it is to create a tile where all the nations from Papers Please exist. Imagine exploring and meeting a huge Arstotzka..
So many possibilities for modding, thanks for this overhauled feature!

You can tie specific scenarios to specific tiles, so pretty easy!

Reactions:
Nice Changes,
Some questions:
1. Were the real world American land mass features (e.g Great lakes) made into tiles?
2. Were any changes made to the random start algorithms? (custom countries start mode)
3. Can we please have a random province value generator that keeps the new world the same. So only the old worlds provinces values get randomised?

Nice Changes,
Some questions:
1. Were the real world American land mass features (e.g Great lakes) made into tiles?
2. Were any changes made to the random start algorithms?
3. Can we please have a random province value generator that keeps the new world the same. So only the old worlds provinces values get randomised?

1) No.
2) Yeah, less superstates and better naming of countries.
3) I... have a hard time seeing any real demand for this.

Reactions:
Excellent news. Thanks for the reply

A few of us Aussies tried playing games with the random development values and random custom nations. But the new world ended up far to valuable (with 14 development gold provinces for example) which unbalanced the game to much. So in its current state is not viable to play.

Could the new tiles be given an option to fix there development values as per the tile defaults?

I'm sure someone has asked this before, but would it be possible to use this to create a whole new world?

This is a really minor question, but will it be possible to make High American tech nations in the nation designer? I think it feels weird if my SuperMaya has 'Western' tech.

This is a really minor question, but will it be possible to make High American tech nations in the nation designer? I think it feels weird if my SuperMaya has 'Western' tech.

Yeah.

Reactions:
I don't know if it was already asked: but were in any of the DD's new Hansa-mechanics introduced? Or outside DD's? Or was it at least confirmed, that Hansa will have new mechanics? Because everybody is talking about how the Hansa will be composed from independent states in the new version, but I didn't see any confirmation from devs.
Thanks for the answers!

I don't know if it was already asked: but were in any of the DD's new Hansa-mechanics introduced? Or outside DD's? Or was it at least confirmed, that Hansa will have new mechanics? Because everybody is talking about how the Hansa will be composed from independent states in the new version, but I didn't see any confirmation from devs.
Thanks for the answers!

Hansa was broken up into Merchant Republic of Lübeck and Free Cities of Hamburg and Bremen, no new mechanics.

Reactions: