• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Xs93UHA.png

The king has found himself greatly preoccupied with his kingly duties, as well as serving as Marshal and Grand Admiral, so he has asked me to serve as Chancellor after the unfortunate passing of Jaume Limmona. His policies were mostly sound and will remain untouched. I have heard whispers of seeking war in the New World or even Africa. I do not see this as a good time. We are overextended as it is overseas and the heathens of Africa have intermingling alliances and are a persistent lot that are difficult to tame. ((*cough* Berber traditions *cough*)) I do, however, see a golden opportunity elsewhere. Aragon has long sought the wealthy ports of Provence. Up until now, Provence has surrounded itself with strong allies or the French have beaten us to striking first. Now we have a golden opportunity on our hands. Provence is currently losing a war with Savoy and only has Hainaut as an ally. I suggest we wait for that war to end, and if Provence still holds its provinces on the Mediterranean, we make our move. Expanding Aragon's presence in the Mediterranean will only serve to strengthen the kingdom.

I have also received word from Rome that the king's brother, now Cardinal Carles de Trastámara, will be returning to Valencia to aid with the Church's efforts in the kingdom. He'll be filling the vacant Court Chaplain position until a suitable replacement arises. ((We haven't had a Court Chaplain in ages, so I'll just stick a relative in it to fill the gap. Not like that plan is necessary. :p))

- Her Majesty, Queen Caterina de' Medici

Reactions:
Your Majesty,

I am offering my services to you as admiral and grand admiral of Aragon.

- Ferdinant II de Almeria

Tu3qI4B.png

Armand tossed his youngest granddaughter in the air as she giggled furiously. Marina was only three, but already had a love of adventure and mischief; something his only grandson lacked. Whilst he had recently wed, the boy still had a sickly disposition and Armand feared he would not live beyond twenty.

Indeed, death was something that had preyed on his mind these passed years. All his siblings had predeceased him; as the youngest child this was not unexpected, but it still left a gloom hanging over his mind. The passing of his beloved Ava had been especially hard, and he prayed nightly for her - and his - salvation.

Aragon too needed salvation. The heresy that had sprung up in Germany was spreading like a plague. Rumours of some bizarre sect that preached tolerance of all sin seemed to gather support amongst peasants in Catalonia. Whatever their perverse and unusual habits they must be stopped! Many of his fellow Lords seemed to turn a blind eye to such happenings and even suggested acceptance.

Armand shook his head sadly.

The Count of Urgell quietly announces his candidacy for the Cortz

---​

Letter to Count Juan de Porcelli of Almeria ((@Luftwafer ))

I have settled a number of estates on her that will, naturally, pass to your control until such a time as her - and your - descendants are of age to manage them. They have all been well managed; the tenants pay their taxes on time, the land is fertile and productive.

AA Sastre,
Conde de Urgell.

---​

((I would suggest Espanya as the country name (Aragonese).))

Last edited:
Alexandros Kostopoulos had just come back from a trip to the byzantine court and writes a private letter to the King

Your Majesty
I see no reason to change our policy's with Byzantium. For now it seems Genoa Aggression as been stopped and they are not advancing any closer to the Grand city of Constantinople. The Greek court is happy with us because of our actions of giving them back Epirus. Although the Greek court is worried about venice as well now. As they now boarder them which is making them a bit Anxious more than they are with Genoa. Perhaps we should look into taking some land from Venice.. The the land that is close to the Greek lands of course but besides that I see no reason to change our policy for now.

Policy - No Change

Alexandros Kostopoulos
Count of Athens
Representativeof Byzantium

"Damn that woman!"

Diego pounded his fist onto the table which lifted the plates of food mere centimeters for a gasp of a second. He crumpled the letter in his hand informing him of Chancellor Limmona's death as well as the Queen's usurpation of that office. Things were getting much worse and now some foreign woman with all the wit and charm of a rock next to a privy was running the Kingdom in all but name while the King did god knows what behind locked doors. In fact he was having quite a chore mentally trying to recall the last time the King made his presence known publicly.

His time in Paris had been well spent and while he had not participated actively in the recent wars and conflict, he had busied himself in the French court and had even found himself a pretty young thing to become his wife with the hope that a few of her titles would pass along to their progeny.

But the matter at hand had to be dealt with whether heads would roll at its conclusion or not...

Your Graces,

It is time that we step back four paces and look at our present situation in the full light of day before the setting sun brings us all into the deep darkness of a long and cold night. His Majesty the King has not presented himself publicly in court for some time and now Her Majesty the Queen has taken over the role of Chancellor for the Kingdom. I do not question the right to rule that is bestowed upon his majesty for that is his birthright but I do question if we, his landed lords, are seeing our own power wane thanks in no small part to his majesty's fervent support of an Inquisition that has arrested one key functionary of court only to release him without any resolution and the merchants of the Kingdom continue to expand their trading companies and buy their way into our ranks. But what are we to do? Our ancestors have shed blood for our lands and have honored our commitments to our lieges with great loyalty. I fear those commitments are no longer being reciprocated. I suggest that we agree to meet as a unified body to further discuss and debate the changes of our Kingdom and share our concerns openly. If we are to continue to allow this Kingdom to move down this path then we are doomed to resign ourselves to seeing our lands, titles, and rights stripped from us in tyranny whether that be tomorrow or 10 years from now.

In short my fellow lords and ladies, I call for a meeting of the nobility of Aragon to form a Parliament so that we can present our case to His Majesty and to best serve both his dynasty and our Kingdom.

Sincerely,
Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya, Diplomat

((Drafting up a Magna Carta-esque constitution now but wanted to post this as an open invite for any supporters to PM me their suggestions for the document and to formally declare their support in the thread if that is what they wish.))

Your Majesty,

I am offering my services to you as admiral and grand admiral of Aragon.

- Ferdinant II de Almeria

Xs93UHA.png

As we told you last time you asked, we cannot allow a man who serves a prison sentence to lead any of our armed forces or serve on the Council. Focus on your trade, merchant.

- His Majesty, Alfons VII de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Galicia, and Protector of the Greeks

"Damn that woman!"

Diego pounded his fist onto the table which lifted the plates of food mere centimeters for a gasp of a second. He crumpled the letter in his hand informing him of Chancellor Limmona's death as well as the Queen's usurpation of that office. Things were getting much worse and now some foreign woman with all the wit and charm of a rock next to a privy was running the Kingdom in all but name while the King did god knows what behind locked doors. In fact he was having quite a chore mentally trying to recall the last time the King made his presence known publicly.

His time in Paris had been well spent and while he had not participated actively in the recent wars and conflict, he had busied himself in the French court and had even found himself a pretty young thing to become his wife with the hope that a few of her titles would pass along to their progeny.

But the matter at hand had to be dealt with whether heads would roll at its conclusion or not...

Your Graces,

It is time that we step back four paces and look at our present situation in the full light of day before the setting sun brings us all into the deep darkness of a long and cold night. His Majesty the King has not presented himself publicly in court for some time and now Her Majesty the Queen has taken over the role of Chancellor for the Kingdom. I do not question the right to rule that is bestowed upon his majesty for that is his birthright but I do question if we, his landed lords, are seeing our own power wane thanks in no small part to his majesty's fervent support of an Inquisition that has arrested one key functionary of court only to release him without any resolution and the merchants of the Kingdom continue to expand their trading companies and buy their way into our ranks. But what are we to do? Our ancestors have shed blood for our lands and have honored our commitments to our lieges with great loyalty. I fear those commitments are no longer being reciprocated. I suggest that we agree to meet as a unified body to further discuss and debate the changes of our Kingdom and share our concerns openly. If we are to continue to allow this Kingdom to move down this path then we are doomed to resign ourselves to seeing our lands, titles, and rights stripped from us in tyranny whether that be tomorrow or 10 years from now.

In short my fellow lords and ladies, I call for a meeting of the nobility of Aragon to form a Parliament so that we can present our case to His Majesty and to best serve both his dynasty and our Kingdom.

Sincerely,
Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya, Diplomat

((Drafting up a Magna Carta-esque constitution now but wanted to post this as an open invite for any supporters to PM me their suggestions for the document and to formally declare their support in the thread if that is what they wish.))

((This sounds like a coup to me, which can only occur when the revolt risk is positive. Also we can't really have a parliament or anything since we haven't unlocked constitutional monarchy. Administrative monarchy will unlock soon and then we can start making changes to the government. I suppose you could propose changes to the Cortz though.

Diego may need to pay more attention too. The king was just at court celebrating the victory over Castile and Portugal and to present his plans as Marshal and Grand Admiral. :p))

((Anyway, onto vote matters. We shall be voting on whether or not to form Spain, or our equivalent of that, and also what to call that new country and what colour to use. Keep in mind that even if you don't want to enact the form Spain decision, you should still vote on the new name in case it passes. We also may as well decide the name of our soon-to-be colonial nation in Colombia. There is also a Cortz vote for the nobles, where the nobles will be selecting two candidates because we have two openings. The Spanish name and colonial name votes shall be tiered, so vote for them in the order of preference. I also see Keinwyn has posted new Coat of Arms, so we can have a vote on that too. Here is the vote:

Form Spain: Yes/No/Abstain
Spanish Name: Hispania/Iberian Empire/Espanya/Aragon/Abstain
3.​
Spain's Colour: Spanish Yellow/Keep Old Colour/Abstain
Coat of Arms: Keep/Change (1)/Change (2)/Abstain
Colombian Colonial Nation: Leonia/Neuva Granada/Ferrania/Trastamaria/Neuva Carthago/Abstain
3.​
Cortz (Nobles only): François de Montségur (alscon)/Francesco Andreas Maximilias de Soneta (ML8991)/Armand Antonio Sastre (Keinwyn)/Abstain
2.​

Everyone has until Tuesday at 12pm PST to vote. Please bold your votes and include your character's name and class. Keep in mind that the Cortz vote is for nobles only, landed or unlanded.))

Last edited:
Form Spain: Yes. Viva España!
1. (Empire of) Hispania
2. Aragon
3. Iberian Empire
Spain's Colour: Spanish Yellow
Coat of Arms: Change (2)
Colombian Colonial Nation: Leonia/Neuva Granada/Ferrania/Trastamaria/Neuva Carthago/Abstain
1. Trastamaria
2. Nueva Granada
3. Ferrania/Alfonsia

Ferdinant just got a letter back from the king. When he had read it he screamed: "I can't stand it anymore! That damned Cardinal Velazquez and his damned Inquisition! HE HAS NO POWER OVER ARAGON!!!!!"

Last edited:
((This sounds like a coup to me, which can only occur when the revolt risk is positive. Also we can't really have a parliament or anything since we haven't unlocked constitutional monarchy. Administrative monarchy will unlock soon and then we can start making changes to the government. I suppose you could propose changes to the Cortz though.

Diego may need to pay more attention too. The king was just at court celebrating the victory over Castile and Portugal and to present his plans as Marshal and Grand Admiral. :p))

((I beg forgiveness for my oversight and ignorance. In fact that has really brought to light that I'm a bit out of step with the iAAR and will have to unfortunately retire from my position and activity within it. Rash and annoying posts like my most recent one are only indicative of laziness and lack of thought, two traits I would prefer to not be recalled for by anyone. This is a truly amazing iAAR and I wish it and all of its participants best of luck for an enjoyable experience and another friendly huzzah to the author for a job well done in executing the titanic feat so far with aplomb.))

Reactions:
Form Spain: Yes
1. Hispania
2. Espanya
3. Iberian Empire
Spain's Colour: Keep Old Colour
Coat of Arms: Change (1)
1. Neuva Carthago
2. Neuva Granada
3. Leonia

[courtier, merchant, Grandmaster, NPC merchant]

Last edited:
((Form Spain: Yes
Spanish Name:
1. Iberian Empire
2. Aragon
3. Espanya
Spain's Colour: Keep Old Color
1. Trastamaria
2. Ferrania
3. Leonia))

[Clergy; cardinal]

((Form Spain: Yes
Spanish Name:
1. Espanya
2. Hispania
3. Aragon
Spain's Colour: Spanish Yellow
Colombian Colonial Nation:
1. Ferrania
2. Neuva Granada
3. Neuva Carthago
Cortz:
1. François de Montségur (alscon)
2. Francesco Andreas Maximilias de Soneta (ML8991)

[landed noble, treasurer]))

((...Rash and annoying posts like my most recent one are only indicative of laziness and lack of thought...))

((I disagree, wanting to do more with the iAAR only helps it to evolve and create new interesting mechanics for us to play with. Such things will never be immediate as they require careful thought to prevent it descending into a mess. I will be sad to see you go, your efforts at court intrigue are most interesting; if the system can be adapted to accommodate them, the iAAR will, in my opinion, be better for it.))

Reactions:
Ferdinant couldn't stand it anymore. He was totally done with it. He would commit suicide. He grabbed a gun, aimed it at his face and pulled the trigger. AAAAANNNNND it got no ammo.
He stabbed himself with a sword. He was heavily wounded but survived it. Clearly, God wanted him to live. He became suicidal and mentally ill from 8 years of isolation and torture.

Last edited:
Form Spain: Abstain

Spanish Name:
1.Espanya
2.Iberian Empire
3.Abstain

Coat of Arms: Abstain

1.Leonia
2.Neuva Granada
3.Abstain

Cortz (Nobles only):
1.Soneta
2.Sastre

[Count, Minister, Diplomat]

New Char:

Niccolo Limmona
(Link to image : http://i.imgur.com/9ayGX1t.jpg)
Born : 1530
Class : Landed Noble (Duke of Naples and Capua)
Religion : Crypto-Catholic Protestant (This is ofc secret, and even his sisters only suspect) ; Publicly Catholic
Bio : Born the second son of Jaume Limmona, Niccolo grew up with an older brother and two older sisters. With his older brother learning the ways of his father and diplomacy, Niccolo learnt the ways of war and found himself studying all kinds of warfare. He came to like the land most, and while enjoyed theoretical study of naval battles found himself with more passion and talent in command of men, horse and gun than forests of sails. With his brothers untimely death during the last war with Portugal and Castile, Niccolo came to be first line in succession and so took up the Duchy and prestige at the age of 25 when his father died of old age and exhaustion. He resolved to give his all to the kingdom, but not in a way that would be possible to negate as he saw his father lose will as idiots and fools tried to block each and every plan he ever made. He resolved to buy a commission and become a General in the army and sent a letter to the king doing exactly that.

((Requesting to be a General with Manoeuvre focus))

Spanish Name:
1. Espanya
2. Aragon
3. Hispania

Spain's Colour:Keep Old Colour

1. Neuva Carthago
2. Neuva Granada
3. Trastamaria
Cortz (Nobles only):
1. Armand Antonio Sastre ((Keinwyn))
2. Abstain

Last edited:

Spanish Name:
1.Hispania
2.Abstain
3.Abstain
Spain's Colour: Change

Coat of Arms: change 1

1.Leonia
2.Abstain
3.Abstain
Cortz (Nobles only):
1.Soneta
2.Sastre

[Count, Diplomat]

1. Hispania
2. Espanya
3. Aragon
Coat of Arms: Change (2)
1. Leonia
2. Ferrania
3. Trastamaria

~Miguel de Leon (unlanded noble)

((I beg forgiveness for my oversight and ignorance. In fact that has really brought to light that I'm a bit out of step with the iAAR and will have to unfortunately retire from my position and activity within it. Rash and annoying posts like my most recent one are only indicative of laziness and lack of thought, two traits I would prefer to not be recalled for by anyone. This is a truly amazing iAAR and I wish it and all of its participants best of luck for an enjoyable experience and another friendly huzzah to the author for a job well done in executing the titanic feat so far with aplomb.))

((I disagree, wanting to do more with the iAAR only helps it to evolve and create new interesting mechanics for us to play with. Such things will never be immediate as they require careful thought to prevent it descending into a mess. I will be sad to see you go, your efforts at court intrigue are most interesting; if the system can be adapted to accommodate them, the iAAR will, in my opinion, be better for it.))

((I'm sorry to see you go, Lord Logsdon. I apologize if the mechanics or rules don't fit the type of game-style you were aiming for, but as Keinwyn said such ideas do help it evolve. I do like people suggesting new ideas, but the difficulty is always finding a way to implement them so that the iAAR can still function smoothly. Sometimes the rules become too restricting in some regards to maintain that. Hopefully you'll consider returning at a later date.))

((Requesting to be a General with Manoeuvre focus))

((I'll add you as a general next time I open the game.))