• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So sad! Please give a non Axis Japan another chance in the future

I will in HOI4 for sure! :D

Still, I'm ready to start a fresh AAR as soon as I pick the country. I thought about doing a Sweden campaign to unite all the nordic countries. Perhaps I would fight alongside the Axis in WW2. I was also thinking doing a German campaign AAR on Black Ice but realistically without blobbing too much and respecting history. Do you have any ideas on what country would be cool for my next AAR?

I havent played a lot of HoI3, but I am always interested by less usual theatres. What are the possibilities of South America, for example?

Argentina and Brazil have really nice play, especially in the Axis. Peru is a cool large minor to do a continental war with.

I havent played a lot of HoI3, but I am always interested by less usual theatres. What are the possibilities of South America, for example?

Reactions:
Argentina and Brazil have really nice play, especially in the Axis. Peru is a cool large minor to do a continental war with.

How about a different nation but the same idea. A neutral USA, for example? Or a USA that joins a side NOT of the Allies?

Reactions:
A Black Ice Germany is always interesting... you could try the Fox and Lion mod with Italy

Reactions:
Axis Canada!

Reactions:
id advise against playing an axis canada. once japan attacks usa(ai japan always attacks usa), u will get steamrolled. usa is too large with too many required vps spread across all over the country, as canada with its poor ic and leadership, you wont be able to research/build enough to conquer the usa before they enter the war. plus your border will be too large to defend.

if you wish to play in north america, then try an axis mexico. it will provide a challenge, but with the smaller border to the usa, plus the mountainous regions, it is possible to successfully defend against usa attacks with a combination of mountain troops and forts. although expanding into the usa is another matter. although, you will have no problems holding off the usa while you expand southwards through central and south america to create your empire of mexico.

Reactions:
How about a different nation but the same idea. A neutral USA, for example? Or a USA that joins a side NOT of the Allies?

USA is too easy imo. I want a true challenge. Still undecided :)

A Black Ice Germany is always interesting... you could try the Fox and Lion mod with Italy

Yeah, I think I might go for a Black Ice Germany on Very Hard. That would be very difficult and awesome.

Axis Canada!

Will get pwnd by USA :p

How about a Scandinavian Nation?

I like how you think, I was pondering something similar. Maybe I could try Sweden and form a Nordic Union.

My only gripe here is that their neutrality is too high. I'll never get to declare war on my neighbors. Any ideas how to declare war with the scandinavians.

id advise against playing an axis canada. once japan attacks usa(ai japan always attacks usa), u will get steamrolled. usa is too large with too many required vps spread across all over the country, as canada with its poor ic and leadership, you wont be able to research/build enough to conquer the usa before they enter the war. plus your border will be too large to defend.

if you wish to play in north america, then try an axis mexico. it will provide a challenge, but with the smaller border to the usa, plus the mountainous regions, it is possible to successfully defend against usa attacks with a combination of mountain troops and forts. although expanding into the usa is another matter. although, you will have no problems holding off the usa while you expand southwards through central and south america to create your empire of mexico.

True. It will be a yank fest over Toronto. There's no chance to beat the US as the Mounties :D

Mexico sounds interesting but the US would still pwn me. hehe :p

And even if I defend well in my own territory, I won't be able to expand to the north.

Sweden or Germany on Black Ice?

Any other ideas? :D

What is Black Ice?

A mod for HOI3 that transforms it into a very detailed, inmersive and historical game. Its amazing, really. I hope HOI4 is like it but better still.

Germony with Black Ice :D

I think this would be it :p

Are you guys cool on taking the Germoney Black Ice train?

Please offer any other ideas if you have them :)

Reactions:
Are you guys cool on taking the Germoney Black Ice train?
Germany is so boring and overused. If not Canada, what about Comintern Republican Spain, Axis Portugal, or Axis Ireland? Of course, it's your AAR so I hope I don't come off as rude. Apologies if I do.

Reactions:
Germany is so boring and overused. If not Canada, what about Spain, Portugal, or Ireland? Of course, it's your AAR so I hope I don't come off as rude. Apologies if I do.

Yes thats a bit true isnt? Germany is too used.

Sweden or Finland sounds cool. Do you guys know if its possible to fight your neighbors with an scandinavian nation due too their neutrality being high?

Spain also sounds nice but they are a bit weak. Still, it would be a nice play.

Italy inthe fox and lion mod

Do you guys know if its possible to fight your neighbors with an scandinavian nation due too their neutrality being high?
I'm sorry to say that I don't know. I'm terrible at manipulating neutrality. I typically play DH mods which have lots of events to start wars rather than using the belligerence/neutrality feature.

Darn, it's a shame that it had to end that way for the Empire :(

Wouldn't mind seeing a not-so-neutral Sweden in action ;) You should be able to reduce Swedish neutrality to 0 with the combination of firing the Prepare for War event (Not sure if you consider that gamey) and raising threat on the Nazi's, or just let them do their thing and it'll go away eventually so you can use those spies for nabbing some technological secrets or for military espionage instead.

If not that, either Black ICE Germany (Maybe you could get me to play it too :p) or an Axis South American country (Chile perhaps?)

for what i saw Germany black ice is a challenge in normal, in VH probably almost impossible, and you can impost you strategy on the long run, with the objective of an early sealowe and taking on the USA, you can do a lot of things with black ice :D