• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would seem like a lot of people are trying to figure out the point of currently formable nations like Spain, Scandinavia, Germany etc. now that other nations can get CU as well.

From the devs MP stream you could see that if a formation decision upped a nation to empire rank than it would get CU even if it doesn't have enough dev for that. In other words, you would get said CU sooner than later. Now, like always, it's your choice if it's worth the tag change or not.

**Timurids to Mughals [played by Johan].

Reactions:
@Wiz there is another concern about MP games involving gamey mechanics:
1. In many of my MP games England trolls the whole Europe by taking Sjælland from Denmark (or Sweden) in early game thanks to naval superiority. The problem is that taking it back for Sweden/Denmark will cost around 18-20 warscore (depending) without a fort. Even if Sweden (obvious choice in MP) somehow manages to occupy the island, total warscore needed will be around 30-38 to start using stabhits, which is impossible, since England will definitely blockade the whole Scandinavia, adding WE and WS
2. The second problem is related to English territories on continent in 1444 start: England removes forts and France has a hard time to get all their core territories back, since France gets not enough WS to take back it's cores in the second war.

For sure you may argue, that it's a matter of good politics, diplomacy and so on, but unlike continental nations, England is isolated on their islands and can't be that easily backstabbed by neighbours

Reactions:
It doesn't, but I believe it didn't work before either since you weren't Germanic therefore the cultural union over Germanic cultures gave no benefits.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. In the current system cultural unions have nothing to do with primary culture. It's how the Hindustan/Bharat formation decisions work as well: They make you the cultural union of the Hindustani group while letting you keep your primary culture. Thus you can, say, as Vijayanagar with Kannada (from the Dravidian group) as primary culture form Bharat, get the Hindustani cultural union and still keep the primary culture.

Reactions:
With regards to Culture Union, will there be an effect for that that can potentially be used in events, decisions, etc to give or remove culture union from a tag?

As I said, this fully replaces old system, so no.

Reactions:
As I said, this fully replaces old system, so no.
Then are their any plans to perhaps give a buff to the old culture union tags?

And what of the Kingdom of God decision for the Papal States?

Reactions:
No, the old cultural union system is entirely replaced.

In the case of Germany, doesn't it make you an empire? Hence it would also make you the Germanic cultural union.

Hmm, culture union is very good, however that would be so sad to culture groups which has only one culture such as Magyar, Korean, and Japanese. Although they become culture union, there are only one culture they already accepted :(

Last edited:
Reactions:
I think 1.14 will be one of the biggest patches/expansions the game got, something similar to 1.8 (ROTW gigantic update) or that Development patch (1.12?)

One questiom to everybody.. do you remember when Patch Notes are posted? In the day of release, or a day before it, or?

Just as before you could have CU only if you are Germany or Italy, but the decision remove you from HRE

You misunderstand my point.
Currently if France (or Italy, Scandinavia, Spain...) is emperor, they get their normal cultural union bonus. But because they're not German, they'd better actually be inside the HRE if they want to stay emperor. Which implies Duchy rank. Which now implies no CU.
Without Common Sense, instead of looking at emperor rank, the game will look at total development. So an emperor France may want to go without CS simply to get cultural union.

Of course, other countries in the HRE could gain the same sort of benefit from not activating CS, but let's be honest, once you have 1k dev you can probably be emperor, and if you don't want to be emperor well why don't you just leave the HRE? It's not like you need protection. So I'm claiming most of the problem could be solved by allowing the emperor to have empire rank, which, you know, kind of makes sense.

Reactions:
You've never played a game, computer or tabletop, where someone who is loosing decide they might as well screw up for another player?
And that's not realistic how? A nation that feel like it's doomed might well merge into a powerful neighbour to get revenge on the one they lost against.

Reactions:
And that's not realistic how? A nation that feel like it's doomed might well merge into a powerful neighbour to get revenge on the one they lost against.
The populace would probably not accept loans that are gifted to former rivals.

Anyway, it's optional. So if you feel it's more "realistic" to allow it...

The nation ruining option has absolutely nothing to do with realism and that should have been very clear from the DD.

Reactions: