• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Soon. :) I promise you, it will be very clear.))

As the Chairman of the DSU, Herr von Bavel-Timmermans, ((@TJDS)) do you intend to withdraw your party from the coalition, or will you continue to serve as Finance Minister (and Herr Wouters as Minister of the Interior)?

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

I wish to reiterate the DSU support for this government. I merely wished to know whether the Kanzler of this war cabinet would offer his resignation to the Reichspräsident after the last treaties were signed. I thank the Kanzler for his answer and will, with pleasure and conviction, work with him and my fellow Ministers for a better Germany.

Franz von Bavel-Timmermans,
Minister of Finance and Chairman of the DSU

Reactions:
"The lust of power is not an attractive trait", muses Sevatius van Kloeinge to no-one in particular.

Excuse me, oh record keeper of our fair country, you have me marked as a former Chancellor, though I have never held the post. My grandfather did, that is true, but I have not.

~Johannes Carile, Commander of the Corps of the Gendarmerie, and Co-Leader of the DLP

((I have served my two terms as chancellor OOC, but this current character hasn't been much more than a minister in government, and party leader))

The following items are up for a vote for this session of the Reichstag. Members of both houses are encouraged to vote for all five measures.

1) Herr Hertwig's proposal to enact Safety Regulations for all German businesses
2) Herr Schaumburg's "Republic Preservation Act":

Republic Preservation Act
  1. The Forign Minister will be forbidden from surrendering land to another nation in time of peace.
  2. The above requirment may be overridden by a 3/4 vote of both the Assembly and the Conclave
  3. Such a vote can only be initiated by the Foreign Minister.
3) Frau Rafanelli's proposal to move our national day of recognition

Friedrich-Rainer Day Reorganization Act

I. THANKING the Chief Historian of the Reichstag for his tireless work at organizing the history of the German Republic from infancy to present day, and UNDERSTANDING that the current day set to celebrate Republicanism in Germany is incorrected based on historical records,

II. THEREFORE, the Reichstag hereby decrees the following as law:
  • Friedrich-Rainer Day shall no longer be considered a holiday in the German Republic, and shall cease to be.
  • Republic Day (Republiktag) shall be celebrated every November 16th, to celebrate the unification of the German princely states into the Holy Roman Empire, and the establishment of the First Republic under Syndic Friedrich IV von Hohenzollern.
  • Republic Day, shall be a national holiday in which all banks, schools, and federal offices are closed, unless absolutely necessary or vital.
  • The German Republic shall recognize the Bicentennial Anniversary of the Republic as on November 16, 1896; on which day celebrations, as determined by city councils and Stadtholders, shall be held in all cities of the Reich.

III. The following shall be considered by the Reichstag for possible Bicentennial commemoration, but shall remain optional and not obligatory under any circumstances:
  • The issuing of bicentennial Reichsmark und pfennig coins with a special design to indicate 200 years of Germany's unity and republican tradition.
  • The establishment of monuments to the Staatsvater, and/or contributors to the evolution of Germany, as recommended by the Reichstag.
  • Any other proposals issued by the Reichstag regarding bicentennial celebrations.

THUS RATIFIES the "FRIEDRICH-RAINER DAY REORGANIZATION ACT"

4) Herr Schutter's proposal to lower the age to hold office:

A new century, a new generation :

1: The right to be elected will be lowered to 25 years of age. Let us allow the young in and allow them to share their views. Nowaday, most Germans are literate and more then able to gather support from their people, and ready for politics as any 30 year old. This will be a five year experiment which will be enacted on the first of january 1900 and last untill 31 december 1904.

5) Herr von Smithereens's act to create a naval department:

I would like to propose a legislation relating to the navy

the naval department creation act

1. the department of navy will be created
  2. The navy of the republic will be controlled by the department of navy and not by Ministry of War or the Großer Generalstab during war and peace
  3. the naval department will report to the chancellor and the assembly/conclave

The last bill must be passed by a majority of 3/4s, as it creates a new ministry. All but the first bill must also be signed by both the Chancellor and the President to take legal effect, if they pass a majority of both houses.

Maria Victor and Clarissa Rafanelli-Askanier have both put themselves up for the office of President of Italy. Does Herr Adimari wish to run again? ((@PTSnoop))

Voting will begin now and last for 48 hours ((until Friday at 10 PM, -6 GMT)). Remember to properly submit your ballots ((bold the vote)) so that they may be counted.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Last edited:
I obviously support my own proposal, but of the others I can back none.

Herr Schaumburg suggests constraining the Foreign Minister precisely at a time when rapid diplomatic action is most vital, Herr Schutter forgets that the age requirement is not merely a restriction to ensure mature and reasonable statesmen but also to ensure that any election official is a known quantity rather than an empty demagogue. I will merely abstain from voting on Frau Rafanelli-Askanier's alteration to the calendar as I see no real reason to oppose or acclaim its passage.

I might support a civilian organization similar to the proposed Naval Department. However, a decentralization of military control seems the worst of all possible responses to the recently ended conflict.

((Support Safety Regulations, Oppose Republic Preservation Act, Abstain on New National Day of Recognition, Oppose Lowering the Age Requirement for Office, Oppose Naval Department Creation Act))

I will support any measures which improve the safety of the working class. Aye to regulations.
I oppose the Republic Preservation Act. We cannot restrict the freedom of action of future administrations.
I have no opinion about the Day of National Recognition, but if it is good enough for Comrade Rafanelli, it is good enough for me. Aye.
If Germany is to thrive, we need new blood in our offices. This gerontocracy must come to an end! Aye to Comrade Schutter's proposal.
The creation of yet another office Communists will never hold does not interest me in the least. Oppose the naval ministry.

Jean-Pierre St. Gerard, Assembly-KPD

1. Aye to safety regulations.
2. Nay to the republic preservation act, this bill is in my opinion undemocratic.
3. Abstain. We get rid of one holiday and replace it with a new one, this is not something I have particularly strong feelings about.
4. Aye, this can only be good for democracy.
5. Nay, this will simply create division and unnecessary confusion in times of war.

1. Yes
2. No
3. Abstain
4. Yes
5. No

1) Yes
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes

-Friedrick Thiessen

1. Aye to Regulations
2. Nein
3. Aye
4. Nein
5. Nein

~ Konrad von Schwaben

I am in support of the bills to amend our safety regulations, create a new national day and open our democracy up to a new generation. I oppose the bill to 'preserve our Republic', and I abstain from voting on the matter of the naval office.

~ G. A. Servatius van Kloetinge