• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((So your bill does not pass the first level of tolerance described in the rules?))

((It does. And it's about recognition. So we acknowledge their existence.))

((The first religious reform is not just recognizing they exist but recognizing them as a legitimate religion, hence why they can no longer be criminally persecuted by the Inquisition.))

To all who want to kill the heretics,

Please read the bible. Killing is a sin and we all know it. We should only kill those who have murdered others themselves. And, some heretics just act like normal people, contribute to society and pay taxes. These are the people who shouldn't be killed, and protected instead. They still believe in the same god, but just worship him differently. Even the Muslims and Jews worship the same god as we do! What would God think when they know that all of you supported mass murder of people who think differently?

- Ferdinant II de Almeria

But these heretics are wrong and will go to Hell. It is our duty to save as many souls as possible and keep the kingdom pure. One deformed limb may ruin the whole body.

Do you want your children to hear the poison these maniacs are spewing?

-the Iron Cardinal

Xs93UHA.png

I could always use the service of more skilled diplomats. You are welcome to serve the kingdom in that capacity.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((I gave you Calabria as you requested, so you're not unlanded anymore. Don't bother changing the vote since I counted you as landed. It's also awesome to have our first female character. :)))

((Creating a female character was really fun and I'm excited to play as her for awhile. You would certainly know my situation given your character Eva's position in Sonderweg Oder Anderweg. Maria is just as ambitious. By the way, could she marry Henri de Foix? I can't really edit the bachelor page easily on mobile.))

((Creating a female character was really fun and I'm excited to play as her for awhile. You would certainly know my situation given your character Eva's position in Sonderweg Oder Anderweg. Maria is just as ambitious. By the way, could she marry Henri de Foix? I can't really edit the bachelor page easily on mobile.))

((There's a big difference between being a woman in late 19th century Germany than one in 16th century Aragon. :p

She could marry Henri de Foix, but keep in mind that such a marriage would make all children of the male's dynasty. Of course there are always matrilineal marriages, but Henri is the only son, so I doubt he'd agree to that.))

Your Eminence,

I write to you today with grave concerns and fears. My ears have heard of the recent letter from Ferdinant II de Almeria concerning the issue of heresy within our Kingdom. I write to you as one of the leaders of our faith and ask how could such a radical man hold such a prominent place in the court of our most pious King? I admit that I stood in opposition to Cardinal Modena's accusations of Treason against the Count of Sevilla but perhaps his accusations were not entirely far off as it pertains to those most closely tied to the Count. Ferdinant is not of noble birth and his Atlantic Trade Company is no doubt taking its cues from its master.

Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya, Diplomat for His Majesty King Ferran III

But these heretics are wrong and will go to Hell. It is our duty to save as many souls as possible and keep the kingdom pure. One deformed limb may ruin the whole body.

Do you want your children to hear the poison these maniacs are spewing?

-the Iron Cardinal
Those heretics may be wrong, but they will not go to hell. God doesn't care what religion you worship, he cares about how you lived your life. My kids will be good and I trust that they will go to heaven.

Your Eminence,

I write to you today with grave concerns and fears. My ears have heard of the recent letter from Ferdinant II de Almeria concerning the issue of heresy within our Kingdom. I write to you as one of the leaders of our faith and ask how could such a radical man hold such a prominent place in the court of our most pious King? I admit that I stood in opposition to Cardinal Modena's accusations of Treason against the Count of Sevilla but perhaps his accusations were not entirely far off as it pertains to those most closely tied to the Count. Ferdinant is not of noble birth and his Atlantic Trade Company is no doubt taking its cues from its master.

Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya, Diplomat for His Majesty King Ferran III

((Private-de Bazan))

To the noble Count of Vizcaya,

It is indeed disturbing to see how many heretics occupy so high a place in our government. The kingdom must be cleansed with fire and sword.

-Cardinal Velazquez

Those heretics may be wrong, but they will not go to hell. God doesn't care what religion you worship, he cares about how you lived your life. My kids will be good and I trust that they will go to heaven.

"God doesn't care what religion you worship"- are you mad? Are you saying that we are no better than Mohammedans in the eyes of God?

I demand that this lunatic be arrested and be investigated by the Inquisition. De Almeria is a danger to the kingdom and crown.

-the Iron Cardinal

de Almeria left the court. No, this would only be resolved by blood. He will put the iron cardinals name to the test. He boarded his ship, and sailed to Gibraltar. He would not give in on that filthy heretic. He send his wife and son to Sanchonia, for their own safety.

Letter to the "iron" cardinal,

I am no threat to Aragon. I am, however, a threat to your interests. I have benefited Aragon indirectly with the ATC. I am the greatest admiral Aragon has ever seen. My removal would be detrimental to the crown. You may have driven the count of Sevilla to suicide, but you will not destroy me. You want to turn Aragon into a theocracy, crush the nobility and the people of Aragon, and I will not allow that.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Xs93UHA.png

The advice I have heard from those at court has been most disturbing. Some rumours drift in from Germany of some heresy led by an addled old man and some heretical cult pops up in Aragon and suddenly half of you want to recognize them as legitimate faiths. I don't know if you are all paranoid that heresy will overtake Aragon if not recognized or if you're all heretics yourselves. I refuse to recognize any heresy as legitimate, especially one I've never even heard of until this very week. The Inquisition has my full support in rooting out this heresy from Aragon.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((Time to invoke that veto I rarely use. Like a pious king would ever recognize a day-old heresy. :p The results of the votes:

Chancellor's Plan (Amendment): Passed
Revoke Cardinal Modena from Order: Yes
Epirus: Return
Recognize Protestantism/Lucrezian: Passed (Vetoed)
Conventicle Act: Passed

Cortz: Etxeto (Dadarian)))

"God doesn't care what religion you worship"- are you mad? Are you saying that we are no better than Mohammedans in the eyes of God?

I demand that this lunatic be arrested and be investigated by the Inquisition. De Almeria is a danger to the kingdom and crown.

-the Iron Cardinal

((Seeing as you're the only active clergy, I won't even bother with a vote and will jump straight to the investigation. The investigation doesn't reveal any evidence of heresy, but a few misdeeds are discovered. You can attempt to persecute him as a heretic anyway, but you won't be able to order an investigation after the next update.))

Last edited:
My fellow nobles we have suffered long enough with those of lesser status infiltrating the court of our most glorious King Ferran III. The Grand Admiral's thoughts on heresy are proof enough of what comes from allowing a commoner into our sacred halls. I call for us to combine our efforts in unity with the Catholic Church to root out these heretics. I believe His Majesty would agree with this sentiment. Let Grand Admiral Ferdinant be the first to be culled from the herd and let us root him out where ever he or his heretical family are hiding.

Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya

My fellow nobles we have suffered long enough with those of lesser status infiltrating the court of our most glorious King Ferran III. The Grand Admiral's thoughts on heresy are proof enough of what comes from allowing a commoner into our sacred halls. I call for us to combine our efforts in unity with the Catholic Church to root out these heretics. I believe His Majesty would agree with this sentiment. Let Grand Admiral Ferdinant be the first to be culled from the herd and let us root him out where ever he or his heretical family are hiding.

Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya
((Didn't you vote in favor of recognition of Protestantism?))

((I'm not sure why you're asking a question when the answer is clear in the thread.))
((Then why are you insulting one of the most powerful men in Aragon for heresy?

Reactions:
((Then why are you insulting one of the most powerful men in Aragon for heresy?

((Feel free to message me your thoughts/concerns but I want to respect the rules of the iAAR by keeping this thread relatively free of OOC chatter.))

Reactions:
((Private-de Bazan))

To the noble Count of Vizcaya,

It is indeed disturbing to see how many heretics occupy so high a place in our government. The kingdom must be cleansed with fire and sword.

-Cardinal Velazquez

-the Iron Cardinal
((PRIVATE))
Your Eminence,

Perhaps this heresy was what my father suspected all along. He meant was well but his means of action were flawed. Aragon is lucky to have you to replace him as our advocate in the See. If you ever require a ear to air your grievances or a expert in Roman Intrigue, look no further. Though I am a woman, I am still a D'Este. If my father was alive he would be proud of your work. While shifting through his estate I found that he left you his rosary and bedside crucifix, a testament to the high regard he had for your work. To his last day he worked to fight the Tuscans.

-Maria D'Este Orsini, Countessa de Calabria

Name: Juan de Porcelli
Date of Birth: 1529
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholicism
Bio: the grandson of Alonso, the first count of Almeria, he shares his grandfathers drive and determination.
He sets to right the wrongs of his reclusive and crazy Father who drove the family into near extinction.

(( can I still have Almeria as my holding ))

Last edited:
Name: Juan de Porcelli
Date of Birth: 1527
Class: Noble
Religion: Catholicism
Bio: the grandson of Alonso, the first count of Almeria, he shares his grandfathers drive and determination.
He sets to right the wrongs of his reclusive and crazy Father who drove the family into near extinction.

(( can I still have Almeria as my holding ))

((Yep, you can still retain Almeria.))

de Almeria left the court. No, this would only be resolved by blood. He will put the iron cardinals name to the test. He boarded his ship, and sailed to Gibraltar. He would not give in on that filthy heretic. He send his wife and son to Sanchonia, for their own safety.

Letter to the "iron" cardinal,

I am no threat to Aragon. I am, however, a threat to your interests. I have benefited Aragon indirectly with the ATC. I am the greatest admiral Aragon has ever seen. My removal would be detrimental to the crown. You may have driven the count of Sevilla to suicide, but you will not destroy me. You want to turn Aragon into a theocracy, crush the nobility and the people of Aragon, and I will not allow that.

You are being placed under arrest in the name of the Holy Aragonese Inquisition for crimes against the Catholic Church.

Maybe your heathen gods will answer you at the bottom of a dark cell.

-the Iron Cardinal