• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Amended Chancellor Plan:

Offer our protection and forces to preserve the Knights and Galicia (diplo vassalise) for the Knights need to persist against the Ottoman Mohammedan Turks and they may be too humble to ask for aid when they are jeopardized. Galicia too have been cast adrift and will bring us closer to the unification of Iberia-Hispania . ((This replaces the vague first stipulation on and of statelets in the Med.))

Dismiss Bohemia as an ally, after all who is to say they won't return to Jan Hus and turn to heresy. They cannot be trusted to remain true to Aragon or the Faith.

((Rest of plan remains the same))

((Addressing the court of Aragon but mostly @Andre Massena )

Marshal, I ask why you believe the Papal State to classify as a statelet in the Mediterranean? Is it not the secular holdings of the Pontifex Maximus and therefore a state and not a statelet? You would demote even just the Holy and Eternal City to being nothing of consequence?

I would also say that Cardinal Modena tarnished his own reputation with a false accusation and all the misconduct and lack of justice that his hubris caused.

I shall think more on the growth of heresy and the matter of Epirus on the morrow.

I think it would be fair to accuse you of demoting the Holy and Eternal City to being nothing of consequence since you express no desire to aid them in their endeavor to recapture their lost lands. Frankly I had no idea what you meant by statelet so I assumed you meant all smaller states bordering the Mediterranean.

I will change my vote on the Chancellor's plan from No to Yes since it is clear the holy states will not be destroyed. Since the Knights of Rhodes have made their desire for protection clear then I support this measure to protect them as we have protected the Romans, provided it means that we do not annex the holy order.

((Farmer?))

((On the character page he lists me as courtier, farmer))

((The farmer thing is more for flavour. We have such a diverse group of courtiers that I make note of their backgrounds from their bios. That way I can differentiate between someone who might do well as a merchant for Aragon, since they have a background in trade, as opposed to a former noble from another country or the many other types of people out there.))

c9CeDSX.png
Name: Maria D'Este Módena Orsini
Date of birth: 1518
Class: Unlanded Noble
Religion: Publicly Catholic with private humanist and possibly Protestant leanings
Bio: Concieved illegitimately by Cardinal Módena late in his life with a roman noble lady at another Cardinal's prayer meeting turned orgy, Maria had a interesting childhood. Removed and mostly ignored by her famous and wealthy father, Maria grew up with her mother in Roma before heading to Northern Europe for a diverse education. With all expenses were paid by her father who wanted her out of Rome and the public eye, she lived lavishly first in Avignon, than Brabant, than toured around the Holy Roman Empire before settling in Prague. While in Prague she met the younger Martin Luther and had the opportunity to witness him lecture. Together with the humanists that taught her in the Low Countries and disheartened by the decadent world her father manuvered in, she embraced the idea of reform, at least privately. Returning a changed woman to Rome at age 18 she was betrothed to Galleazo Orsini, son of the prominent Orsini family and nominal count of Calabria in Aragon. Even though she was illegitimate the Orsini wished for a ally in the Papacy and her father had been appointed Vice-Chancellor. She lived happily but her husband was impotent and distant. She kept the shameful secret on one condition, that should he die she would have the inheritance of Calabria. Upon her father's death she inherited the D'Este name and fortune and decided now was the time to fulfill her ambitions. Galleazo had a fishing accident that left him drowned and lost to the sea forever. Now Maria comes to court with a binding will and endless energy to win.

((If you haven't read the bio, I'm requesting Calabria. I will vote later since I haven't been checking the forum all weekend.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Chancellor's plan: Yes
Revoke Cardinal Modena: Yes
Epirus: Return
Recognize Heretics: Yes, as long as they pay taxes and contribute to the state, they should be left alone. It's their own choice if they want to go to hell.
Conventile Act: No

[Ferdinant II de Almeria, courtier, admiral, grand admiral, merchant]

Last edited:
((Chancellor's Plan (Amendment): Yes
Revoke Cardinal Modena from Order: Yes
Epirus: Keep
Recognize Protestantism/Lucrezian: Yes
Conventicle Act: No

Cortz: Abstain

Diego de Bazan
Count of Vizcaya
[landed noble, count]
))

To His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks,

Your majesty, I humbly beseech thee in putting my name forward as an able candidate to fulfill the role of a Diplomat for your majesty's service. If appointed I believe that I can be instrumental in service to the Kingdom of Aragon.

Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya

Chancellor's plan: Abstain
Revoke Cardinal Modena from Order: NO
Recognize Protestantism/Lucrezian: No ((Though Maria will support it covertly))
Conventicle Act: Abstain
Cortz:De Soneta Maria hopes to continue the family friendship

[Unlanded Noble]

Last edited:
Chancellors plan: No
Revoke Cardinal Modena from ROL: Abstain
Eprius: Abstain
Recognize alternative cults: No ((although OOC i'd be voting yes :p))

Francesco de Soneta, 4th Count of Pirineo (Landed Noble)

((@Von Habsburg you can vote on the matter of whom goes in the Cortz))

Chancellors plan: No
Revoke Cardinal Modena from ROL: Abstain
Eprius: Abstain
Recognize alternative cults: No ((although OOC i'd be voting yes :p))

Francesco de Soneta, 4th Count of Pirineo (Landed Noble)

((@Von Habsburg you can vote on the matter of whom goes in the Cortz))

How could I forget :))? Do you want to write some dialogue sometime? I'm interested in this new generation of nobles.

To His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks,

Your majesty, I humbly beseech thee in putting my name forward as an able candidate to fulfill the role of a Diplomat for your majesty's service. If appointed I believe that I can be instrumental in service to the Kingdom of Aragon.

Diego de Bazan, Count of Vizcaya

Xs93UHA.png

I could always use the service of more skilled diplomats. You are welcome to serve the kingdom in that capacity.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Chancellor's plan: Abstain
Revoke Cardinal Modena from Order: NO
Recognize Protestantism/Lucrezian: No ((Though Maria will support it covertly))
Cortz:De Soneta Maria hopes to continue the family friendship

[Unlanded Noble]

((I gave you Calabria as you requested, so you're not unlanded anymore. Don't bother changing the vote since I counted you as landed. It's also awesome to have our first female character. :)))

To all who want to kill the heretics,

Please read the bible. Killing is a sin and we all know it. We should only kill those who have murdered others themselves. And, some heretics just act like normal people, contribute to society and pay taxes. These are the people who shouldn't be killed, and protected instead. They still believe in the same god, but just worship him differently. Even the Muslims and Jews worship the same god as we do! What would God think when they know that all of you supported mass murder of people who think differently?

- Ferdinant II de Almeria

To the court of King Ferran III,
I see that a lot of you disagree with my proposition. I believe it might be because of a bit of confusion. My proposal only means that we acknowledge their existence. We must face the harsh truth: The heretics exist and it's unlikely that they disappear. Thank you for spending some of your precious time to read my letter.
Sincerely,
Philippe de Saint-Pierre,
Head of the Trans-Pyrenean Trading Company, Grandmaster of Aragon

Reactions: