• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As the only difference between the Foreign Minister's peace plan and my own is the dismantling of Alexandria instead of Middle Egypt, I am happy to bow to his expertise, and endorse his plan as submitted.

Gutfreund, Chancellor

((Avindian, would it be possible to have a short update to show the capitulation? If so, then we are good to go now, and Finance and COGS can do plans based on more complete information))

((We still have something to vote on -- since I know France will take the deal, I'd rather wait until we get all the plans in and do the full update. It doesn't make much sense to me to make a post simply confirming the peace deal.))

The Supreme Court will publish the ballot for this session of the Reichstag in 24 hours' time. For now, it consists of voting for unemployment subsidies.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Name: alexander von smithereens
House: smithereens
Born:
1850 Bern Switzerland family winter state
Party: conservative assembly
Bio: born to a old aristocratic family previously thought to have disappear.

Last edited:
Name: alexander von smithereens
House: smithereens
Born:
1850 Switzerland family winter state
Party: Imperialist/conservative
Bio: born to a old aristocratic family previously thought to have disappear.

((You have to pick one party or the other, and you need to put yourself in either the Conclave or the Assembly. I'd also like a more specific birthplace in Switzerland. :) ))

((You have to pick one party or the other, and you need to put yourself in either the Conclave or the Assembly. I'd also like a more specific birthplace in Switzerland. :) ))
((what the difference between conclave and assembly also what the difference between imperialist and conservative ))

Last edited:
((Take a look at the original post, you should be able to find most of what you want there.))

The Supreme Court calls for a vote on the question of unemployment subsidies from both houses. No other ballot measures have been put forward.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Aye!

It is only logical since I proposed this measure that I vote aye!

No to unemployment subsidies. We should encourage men to work and seek active employment, not live off government money.

- Eva von Vandenburg

I am by no means opposed to giving extra support to our brave troops upon their return from the Great War. But if this is the intent of the bill, I am concerned that it contains no provision for removing the subsidies after a given period of time, once our soldiers have returned to work. We should, in the long term, not be seeking to provide financial incentives to remain unemployed, nor to subsidise the idle at the expense of the hard-working taxpayer.

But nontheless, we as a nation clearly owe a great deal to our soldiers as they return home from fighting. And I should consider it greatly amiss if we were to desert them in their hour of need, casting them out onto the streets rather than supporting them as they look for new jobs on their return to society. I therefore support the unemployment subsidies, though I would like it on record that I will also be drafting a bill to repeal the subsidies after some time has passed.

For once, this administration proposes something reasonable. Aye.

Hermann von Leute

Aye to subsidies!

~Johannes Carile

Aye

-Friedrick Thiessen