• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

"Please forgive the interruption Senator Mojmirid," Marius says as he returns to Flavius. "Urgent faction business. Ah, such sad news about Livia. I almost pity the peasants." He surpresses a worried frown with a grin and then becomes serious once again. "That false prophet is the greatest threat that faces the Imperium. Well, the Angelina that is, not our dear Livia. If she has her way she will rob the Imperium of its very soul, and it will matter little what the Mongols or Xenoi will do to its flesh afterwards. If it is no longer Christian it does not deserve saving.

Her vile religion must be stopped, at any cost. But I believe the best way to stop it is by avoiding unneccessary bloodshed. A Synod would allow the Church to disprove her nonsensical blasphemies and discredit her in the eyes of the people, and a trial would be the natural consequence if she does not repent. She is likely to attend the synod of her own free will, driven by hubris, but if she does not we must bring her forcefully. If the Imperium displays firmness and justice, and perhaps offers a pardon to those misled by her words, we can avoid another great rebellion. But if we simply do nothing we will already be damned."

"Damned indeed. My sources tell me that she does seem over confident. However I fear she is not the problem but merely a symptom of a greater issue. While we need to fix this symtopm so it's damage is reduced we still need to find the source. I have a distinct feeling that the true enemy to the state is the Dynatoi. Surely you have seen it too. While we Senators bicker and argue about the best way to help the Imperum, the Dynatoi scheme and plot to take more power for themselves. I know that Senator Este-Ravenna feels the same way. A unified alliance between all three factions against the Dynatoi would be prudent. However I fear the Blues refuse to trust any after the Whites and Reds turned their backs on them in the Senate Purge. I have my networks, and connections, and I intend to bring these to bare. What would you do in my position?"

{[Sorry guys, I am very sick, I'll do my best to participate as most as possible}}
Senator Jakov Desmerti
Jakov evaluates Colombo. In his prior experience, madmen were most usually careless and easily manipulable. He then answers him.

"I see, Senator Colombo."

He appears to think for a while.

"I shall join your plot. I see the benefit of replacing the faith with the Angoduali.. ANd i shall deliver the greatest possible benefit to our faction, I plan to recruit the very essence of the belligerent reds to our cause. Senator Mandremenos.

"This is madness, I hear you say? No. The man cares only about fighting for the imperium and... something else, a secret even you have as yet uncovered."

I shall win him to our cause, and with him the key to bringing down our dear president and the Kolemnos.

I'm sure that I shall be properly rewarded once we have won".

He holds up the brazier to Colombo: "Come, no one is watching, and all know of your tendencies. Let us feast to our understanding."
@luciusmalfoy012

Senator Alexius Colombo (Blue Demes Speaker):

"Good luck with Mandremenos, he seems to be just as mad as his predecessor. We must have caution above all else. Write nothing compromising to anyone, say nothing to anyone with more political leverage than you or I. You know what will happen to us if this plot unravels..."

"He points to the well-burnt meat on the braizer*

"But let us not talk any more, for now, of plots and backstabbing."

*Alexius takes the braizer.*

"Let us feast to our understanding."

{{Ok, I feel like this ought to be said:

Your Senator knows what your Senator knows. You know what you know. Don't confuse the two. While there hasn't been any blatant violation of that tenant, it's important to remember that while you may be reading every single post here, your Senators have only heard what they have been told in private, and what has been announced or shouted in the Senate.

Here's an example: Everyone thinks Alexius is untrustworthy for some reason. I mean, sure, he's kind of creepy, has sharp teeth, flipped out at Pylaeus last session, knows a bit too much about torture, looks at the junior Senators like snacks, but...

ah fuck it. He's a slimy piece of shit and you really shouldn't be associating with him unless you know what you're getting into, or in the case of your Senators, don't know, or think they know what they're getting into.

But srsly, try to keep your knowledge distanced from your Senators' knowledge. ;) }}

Reactions:
Senator Banoub ibn Mahdi Rashid (Unaffiliated):
Senator Theon Muzaka (unaffiliated):
"Indeed. Common followers of Angelina are not enemies, at least not yet. They are, as I see it, victims in a sense. Many people in Smyrna were refugees in plight, fleeing Plague and revolts elsewhere in the Imperium. They wanted answers, help, and a Saviour. She gave them that. If, and when, Imperium once again can provide stability, I am sure many of her followers in Anatolia.." He glances at Rashid, shakes his head and sips wine.

"I'm sorry, I digress. As for your question, sadly, you are mistaken. Lands of my family lie in the western Graecia."

"Forgive my mistake, I know of a house of a very similar name to yours based in Dishmaq.

Now that pleasantries are out of the way, I have a business proposal for you. I know that Al-Yunan does not have the most fertile soils, as much of the land is mountainous. Rashid, on the other hand, has grain farms to supply the hungriest army of any Sultan. I propose to you, then, a trade agreement between both of our houses. I will ship grain to your lands, for your purposes, and in turn, you will supply me with the luxuries of Al-Yunan for me to trade back at the port of Rashid.

I know potential friends when I see them, and House Rashid needs friends after my actions of consolidation in Rashid's trade and shipping industries. I hope we can prosper together in the coming years."

Senator Philaretos Mandromenos (Red Demes):

*The dekarhos, who he mistaken for a Kentarchos, was passive towards his offer*

Well then, I guess I will get no answer. My fellow Reds appear to be no conservationists. Perhaps the Blues will prove to be better talkers.

*Philaretos approaches Colombo*

Greetings Speaker of the Blues.

{[Sorry guys, I am very sick, I'll do my best to participate as most as possible}}
Senator Jakov Desmerti
Jakov evaluates Colombo. In his prior experience, madmen were most usually careless and easily manipulable. He then answers him.

"I see, Senator Colombo."

He appears to think for a while.

"I shall join your plot. I see the benefit of replacing the faith with the Angoduali.. ANd i shall deliver the greatest possible benefit to our faction, I plan to recruit the very essence of the belligerent reds to our cause. Senator Mandremenos.

"This is madness, I hear you say? No. The man cares only about fighting for the imperium and... something else, a secret even you have as yet uncovered."

I shall win him to our cause, and with him the key to bringing down our dear president and the Kolemnos.

I'm sure that I shall be properly rewarded once we have won".

He holds up the brazier to Colombo: "Come, no one is watching, and all know of your tendencies. Let us feast to our understanding."
@luciusmalfoy012

"Good luck with Mandremenos, he seems to be just as mad as his predecessor. We must have caution above all else. Write nothing compromising to anyone, say nothing to anyone with more political leverage than you or I. You know what will happen to us if this plot unravels..."

Your Senator knows what your Senator knows. You know what you know. Don't confuse the two. While there hasn't been any blatant violation of that tenant, it's important to remember that while you may be reading every single post here, your Senators have only heard what they have been told in private, and what has been announced or shouted in the Senate.

Here's an example: Everyone thinks Alexius is untrustworthy for some reason. I mean, sure, he's kind of creepy, has sharp teeth, flipped out at Pylaeus last session, knows a bit too much about torture, looks at the junior Senators like snacks, but...

ah fuck it. He's a slimy piece of shit and you really shouldn't be associating with him unless you know what you're getting into, or in the case of your Senators, don't know, or think they know what they're getting into.

But srsly, try to keep your knowledge distanced from your Senators' knowledge. ;) }}

*Philaretos was confused for a brief instant. Are they talking about me while I stand in their presence? No matter, time to take control of this situation*

My, my, it seems that I am as popular as my friend Pylaeus. It warms me that all of us desire to speak to another.

*He takes a seat around the brazier*

So friends, let us speak

Senator Jakov Desmerti

Seeing Mandromenos approach, Jakov whispers quickly to Colombo: "This will be easier if I speak to him alone, as a fellow red"{{sorry, Machtwelve, you posted before I could finish typing}} Jakov then says something in quick Croatian to one of his carriers. ((Get rid of this)). The carrier quickly scarfs down the remainder of the meat.

He then turns to Mandromenos. Welcome friend, is there somewhere we could speak privately?

{{I swear to god I'm not making this up as I go, but...}}

Last edited:

*Philaretos was confused for a brief instant. Are they talking about me while I stand in their presence? No matter, time to take control of this situation*

My, my, it seems that I am as popular as my friend Pylaeus. It warms me that all of us desire to speak to another.

*He takes a seat around the brazier*

So friends, let us speak

{{No, he hasn't talked to you yet, we were talking in private}}

Senator Jakov Desmerti

Seeing Mandromenos approach, Jakov whispers quickly to Colombo: "This will be easier if I speak to him alone, as a fellow red"{{sorry, Machtwelve, you posted before I could finish typing}} Jakov then says something in quick Croatian to one of his carriers. ((Get rid of this)). The carrier quickly scarfs down the remainder of the meat.

He then turns to Mandromenos. Welcome friend, is there somewhere we could speak privately?

As he is lifted elsewhere, Desmerti's hand drifts almost idly to a pocket. Inside is the antidote to the tasteless and little known poison in the spices. He reckons he hs a day if he's lucky, before he's incapacitated. Colombo, perhaps two. The burly slave, three at most. All on the orders of his one true master.
{{
RJvmuT.gif
}}}}

{{Sorry m8, you can't do that, it's against the rules. You can't directly attack/incapacitate people as a Senator, otherwise I could just say, "HAHA, I have a secret antidote to everything, and you now have a pike running through your chest because I said so! And then the whole session would go to shit because everyone would be killing everyone but everyone has magic plate-mail and secret daggers and magic spells, etc. etc. The only exceptions are when Czoklet gives special power to a Senators like with Pylaeus in the last Session.

These aren't my rules, they are Czoklet's, so if you have an issue, take it up with him. As such, I'm going to ignore this post, and the implications of it, in character}}

{{If you want to betray me, you'll have to do it some other, more subtle way. Or you know, you could be my loyal friend and ally instead.}}

Reactions:
{{No, he hasn't talked to you yet, we were talking in private}}

{{Sorry m8, you can't do that, it's against the rules. You can't directly attack/incapacitate people as a Senator, otherwise I could just say, "HAHA, I have a secret antidote to everything, and you now have a pike running through your chest because I said so! And then the whole session would go to shit because everyone would be killing everyone but everyone has magic plate-mail and secret daggers and magic spells, etc. etc. The only exceptions are when Czoklet gives special power to a Senators like with Pylaeus in the last Session.

These aren't my rules, they are Czoklet's, so if you have an issue, take it up with him. As such, I'm going to ignore this post, and the implications of it, in character}}

{{If you want to betray me, you'll have to do it some other, more subtle way. Or you know, you could be my loyal friend and ally instead.}}
{{Reasonable. I checked the rules. Okay, sounds good. I am still going to betray you tho. I'll delete the red part. It was always a long shot by legality.}}

{{I did say that I was approaching you a page beforehand, time scales are very vague in the recess, with many things happening at once, but I think the meeting room (which I think we are still in) isn't that big. I will accept that I didn't hear the finer points of the conversation, but I most certainly heard my name and am responding appropriately. I understand that you haven't spoken to me, but that doesn't mean I can't butt in, considering the fact that I heard my name, it would be expected....}}

Senator Jakov Desmerti

There may not be many secluded places here in the Magnura, but I am sure that if we keep our voices low like you did with Colombo, we can speak alone. What is it you desire to discuss?

{{And so it begins, the game of the zealot and the heretic...}}

{{I did say that I was approaching you a page beforehand, time scales are very vague in the recess, with many things happening at once, but I think the meeting room (which I think we are still in) isn't that big. I will accept that I didn't hear the finer points of the conversation, but I most certainly heard my name and am responding appropriately. I understand that you haven't spoken to me, but that doesn't mean I can't butt in, considering the fact that I heard my name, it would be expected....}}

There may not be many secluded places here in the Magnura, but I am sure that if we keep our voices low like you did with Colombo, we can speak alone. What is it you desire to discuss?

{{And so it begins, the game of the zealot and the heretic...}}

{{Which will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm going to bed and I don't have time to write a reply of the proper length.:p

Senator Theon Muzaka (unaffiliated):
Senator Banoub ibn Mahdi Rashid (Unaffiliated):

"Forgive my mistake, I know of a house of a very similar name to yours based in Dishmaq.

Now that pleasantries are out of the way, I have a business proposal for you. I know that Al-Yunan does not have the most fertile soils, as much of the land is mountainous. Rashid, on the other hand, has grain farms to supply the hungriest army of any Sultan. I propose to you, then, a trade agreement between both of our houses. I will ship grain to your lands, for your purposes, and in turn, you will supply me with the luxuries of Al-Yunan for me to trade back at the port of Rashid.

I know potential friends when I see them, and House Rashid needs friends after my actions of consolidation in Rashid's trade and shipping industries. I hope we can prosper together in the coming years."
"This proposal is... interesting, senator Rashid. In past, we Muzakas prospered exactly because of our own grain. However, in last years situation worsened, as the Plague hit hardest at the coast and lowlands and killed over half of our farmers. Not to mention what this new trade link could mean our other business...
Yes, I think I could accept such a deal, for now. When our own fiels recover, we may have to work out something else."

{{Afaik, Myzeqe is rather arable. Were talking of "Albanian granary", as undrained swamp it is in this reality. If we're only dealing grain, that trade will not last long.}}

Last edited:
Lazaros II. Melissenos (White Demes)

*Lazaros walks slowly towards the group of the unaffiliated, before he speaks with a soft friendly voice.*

Fellow Senator, it's good to see the unaffiliated deep in discussions, doubtless of most important matters. May I inquire your opinion of the topics at hand, of the so called “Lady Angelina” and her followers?

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Faction Speaker of the White Demes)

Senator Lodovico di Capponi (White Demes)

I, motivated solely by my close friendship with the Dalassenoi, will vote in any way necessary to achieve justice for my dear allies in such a noble family.

*To Senators di Capponi, Leonidos and Raoul*

I am glad that we are all able to work together like this. It seems that even as new members you have a bright future ahead of yourselves. If any of you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

*He also nods in agreement towards the out-of-nowhere-appearing di Capponi, trying not to show any signs of surprise at this surely truthful vote of "friendship".*

With the important questions settled, I might just have a chance to enjoy recess for what it was originally conceived. If you would excuse me.

*Decius wanders of to a calm corner with a comfy chair, helping himself to some bread and a glass of wine.*

{{

Decius for one still wishes that scoundrel never had made it out of the prison he has thrown him into during the last session. Btw, why isn't there an arbitrary reward for throwing another faction speaker into jail? :D }}

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid
"Damned indeed. My sources tell me that she does seem over confident. However I fear she is not the problem but merely a symptom of a greater issue. While we need to fix this symtopm so it's damage is reduced we still need to find the source. I have a distinct feeling that the true enemy to the state is the Dynatoi. Surely you have seen it too. While we Senators bicker and argue about the best way to help the Imperum, the Dynatoi scheme and plot to take more power for themselves. I know that Senator Este-Ravenna feels the same way. A unified alliance between all three factions against the Dynatoi would be prudent. However I fear the Blues refuse to trust any after the Whites and Reds turned their backs on them in the Senate Purge. I have my networks, and connections, and I intend to bring these to bare. What would you do in my position?"

"It is easy to see your enemies behind every problem, but I am not convinced the Dynatoi are behind the Angelina. Perhaps one House or another supported her in the beginning, before she got out of hand, hoping to use her against their enemies. The Komnenoi are influenial in Anatolia, where her sect began. But I do not think any of them are controlling her now. She is far stronger then either of them at this time and she will eventually turn against them both, because her creed is incompatible with their privilege and she will accept no other power than herself. Neither House would be foolish enough to support her in the Synod, they have far too much to lose."

"Regardless, the Dynatoi must be weakened, for the good of the Imperium and the Senate. But we can not simply rush to denounce them, but should use their petty war to weaken them both. When the Komnenoi are dominant we should support the Dalassenos and when the Dalassenos are the stronger we should bolster the Komnenoi, for when they are both at equal strength they will do the most damage to each others and neither will be able to threaten us.

"So, for now we should show our support for the Dalasseno Megas Domesticos and offer our condolances for the death of the Patriarch. That would strengthen the prestige of the Dalassenos, but not overly offend the Komnenos. For expressing sorrow at the death of our holy patriarch is what any good christian would do, regardless of politics, and supporting our armies while the Imperium is under threat is the natural choice for any patriotic Roman. Doing the opposite would humiliate the Dalassenos and allow the Komnenos to reign unchecked, destroying any hope of weakening them for a long time."

"Can you bring the Red to support that, Senator Mojmirid? Then I shall do my utmost in the White for building an alliance against the Dynatoi."

{{Decius for one still wishes that scoundrel never had made it out of the prison he has thrown him into during the last session. Btw, why isn't there an arbitrary reward for throwing another faction speaker into jail? :D }}

{{Throwing him into jail was the reward, I think. It must have been very satisfying :D}}

Senator Belissarios Leonidos (White Demes):

"Yes, I do have questions. A lot of questions, chief aming them - It seems I am missing some context to this game of families and power here. Did something happen last Session that I should be aware of?"

{{I did read (most) of Session VI, so if you don't feel like typing much you can just say you tell my character about the important bits of last Session.}}

{{Fear not, I am aware of the difference of player knowlege and character knowlege. But even you have to admit that your character is mighty suspicious.}}

{{Oh wait. You did.}}

{{ hey @Undead Martyr will you follow the Komnenos man ? :p
I want to know what Czoklet is preparing :D }}

{{Ay, missed that.}}

Senator Alexios Este-Ravenna (Red Demes Speaker):

Dekarchos of the Imperial Senate Guard:

Suddenly dekarchos of the Imperial Senate Guard accompanied by two guardsmen, each wearing ceremonial armor and with long spear in his hand, enters the peristyle. He stops for a moment and then, with his eyes fixed on senator Alexios Este-Ravenna, the man approaches him quickly. He stops several paces from the senator and extends his right arm in salute.

- Salve, illustrious Vice President. His Excellency the President of the Imperial Senate wishes to speak with you. May I escort you to Magnaura?

You notice that dekarchos holds the hilt of the xiphos sword in his left hand.

{{ @Undead Martyr }}

A sinking feeling settles in his gut. "But of course, Dekarchos. I live to serve."

Alexios turns to his fellow Reds, and says, "I ask that you consider my words as I have considered yours. We must stand together." And then follows the man.

{{My first purge! Yay, sort of?}}

Senator Kastor Kastelos

<<"Where am I?">>

The senator of the Kastelos was escorted to the peristyle, unable to move himself.

<<What's this place?>>

It wasn't that he couldn't walk.

<<I want cookies>>

It was his will what was failing him. And his mind.

Kastor was alone on a corner, his sight lost in some imaginary horizon. Not a single word had he pronounced the last years, transforming himself from a prominent official of the navy to a simple and mute aristoi, only supported by a generous brother. The title of senator was a lifelong office, and even when his mind was not entirely sane the last six years.

<<I should cook a goose>>

A servant came closer, bringing him a cup of wine. In matter of seconds the purple liquid was spilled around his feets.

Kastor's face, angered, suddenly became calm.

<<Now, where was my ship?>>

{{Well, as a way to justify my absence the lasts and present sessions, I'll make Kastor the victim of some kind of dementia disease. Sadly for us, I think there is enough crazy people with one Capponi, so this will be a mute mad man.
And sorry, again, for not being able to participate adequately. Between finals (yep, down here, at the southern hemisphere, summer is coming), and with forum notifications not working I have no idea of what's going on here, so I feel quite well with my senator having, let's say, some kind of alzheimer (I never thought I was going to say something like that, damn). So enjoy! I'll try to read what you write, people!}}

Last edited:
Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus (Faction Speaker of the White Demes)

Senator Belissarios Leonidos (White Demes):

"Yes, I do have questions. A lot of questions, chief aming them - It seems I am missing some context to this game of families and power here. Did something happen last Session that I should be aware of?"

{{I did read (most) of Session VI, so if you don't feel like typing much you can just say you tell my character about the important bits of last Session.}}

{{Fear not, I am aware of the difference of player knowlege and character knowlege. But even you have to admit that your character is mighty suspicious.}}

{{Oh wait. You did.}}

After taking a sip of wine, Decius is approached by Senator Leoniods again.

*To Senator Leonidos*

Very well then, You deserve to be informed about how all this started.

*Decius proceeds to tell Belissarios about the general proceeedings of the last session and about the white's alliance with the Dalassenoi to become more powerful. He doesn't mention anything about his private discussions with other characters or other intricate secrets.*

{{ I take it that this suffices to give your character enough background knowledge to understand what is going on, without making him know anything he shouldn't. If you are in doubt if Decius would have mentioned a specific detail of the last session, just ask me in the thread. }}

{{ I know this is a little off topic, but man, this is how i envision your character @luciusmalfoy012. I had this guy in my mind since the start of your little BBQ. (from a manga, read right to left)
k001.033.jpg
k001.034.jpg
Edit: Put spoiler tag
}}

Last edited:
Reactions:
Senator Jakov Desmerti
Jakov Looks at Mandromenos. My friend. We are fellow demes. We are fellow military men, and we are fellow servants of the Imperium. Colombo, whatever else he is, is loyal. He has told me that he has plan, free of the idiocy or intrigue of of the other parties to save the imperium.

However, I had a caveat. I told him that I could only join his plot, whatever it may be, if my honorable, capable, and intelligent friend Mandromenos approved the plan. You are the very personification of the Red Demes, better than that simpering Este-Ravenna, better then that fool Taurinus, more trustworthy, he shrugs his shoulders, then a cripple with a bad reputation.

What do you say? Is it worth hearing what he has to say?

@Mach Twelve