• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{ Yeah, this seems like the only reasonable thing to do.

THE RECESS IS EXTENDED BY ANOTHER 24 HOURS

Man, this session is going to be way longer than I planned :p

EDIT: Also more House Pages:
More will follow. All of the links will be available on the first page on the thread.

If anything is wrong please let me know via PM. }}

Last edited:
Reactions:
{{These things happen.}}

Senator Philaretos Mandromenos (Red Demes):

*The dekarhos, who he mistaken for a Kentarchos, was passive towards his offer*

Well then, I guess I will get no answer. My fellow Reds appear to be no conservationists. Perhaps the Blues will prove to be better talkers.

*Philaretos approaches Colombo*

Greetings Speaker of the Blues.

{ Yeah, this seems like the only reasonable thing to do.

THE RECESS IS EXTENDED BY ANOTHER 24 HOURS

Man, this session is going to be way longer than I planned :p
{{ Things never go as planned :p
Also it seems quite a few people are missing this time. We haven't seen much of @drucchi or @Leandor no ? }}

{{ There are 28 people who participate in this AAR as senators (29 if you count me playing as NPCs) and all of us scattered in a dozen timezones or so, it's basically impossible for everyone to be online at the same time. But with extra 24 hours everyone should have a chance to speak his mind. Which I think is fair. }}

Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus (Faction Speaker of the White demes)

*To Senators Raoul and Leonidos*

Well Senators Leonidos and Raoul, let us wait no longer. We can inform di Capponi at a later date, I am sure he will understand. I want to talk with you about the addendum proposed by the President of the Senate - the expression of support for Megas Domestikos as well as mourning the death of his beloved brother. Since the white demes is quite closely connected to the Megas Domestikos, I'd like you to vote FOR the support of the Dalassenoi during the voting. You can make up your mind about the synod and the trial in any way you deem right - although I believe that the only difference among us regards the severity of punishment for the Angelodouli.

But by acting and voting together we can show the Megas Domestikos that the white demes wants to unveil the mysteries behind the murder of the Ecumenical Patriarch, and we can also prove to the Senate that the white demes is able to act united if the task requires it.

I've talked to the senior members of the demes already and they agreed with my proposal which makes me bring the topic to you - I'd like to hear you as well.

What do you say, my colleagues?

{{

{{ Little advice - when you use tagging you must insert start with "@" sign, then write first letters of the user's nickname and then choose the nickname from the list. ;) }}

Alternatively, just type the "@" and the correctly spelled username. But you need to have a space before the @ and after the end of the name or it won't work.

@Attalus @RedInc }}

Reactions:
Senator Ioannes Raoul : (Whites)

"I must say that I fear taking part in the intrigues of the dynatoi... *he pauses for a moment* But I guess we Senators can't take the luxury of staying aside of this game. For the unity of our Demes you have my word."

{{I forgot, what happened to Bubba's dynasty?}}

Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid (Red Dems)

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius walks around the courtyard carrying a glass of fine Hohenzollern beer. Of all the deals struck last session that one had probably been the least profitable, but nevertheless his own personal favourite. At least the "gift" of an entire shipment had been enough to dissuade the rabble from burning his mansion in Hierusalem to the ground. He spots senator Hohenzollern conversing with Habsburg, Muzaka and Rashid and smiles graciously, raising his glass slightly in greeting.

He walks past Colombo and Desmerti, the smell of their barbecue drawing his attention. Colombo's madness had long been apparent, but Desmerti had made some good points in the debate. His ideas of breaking and humiliating Sophia were perhaps reckless, but close to Marius' own thoughts. It would be a pity if Colombo gained another crony, but he was far too unsubtle to be a real threat.

He walks on, the stench of searing meat suddenly turning his stomach as he spots Arrius stadning nearby. There was a heretic just waiting for the bonfire, but how dared he be so bold? His predecessor had been a man of reason, a worthy partner and rival, but this man... Marius shakes his head. Only another sign of the decay of the Blue Demes. At least Salamis was still formidable, a balancing influence in a pack of madmen and heretics. To think that house had once been the openly proclaimed enemy of Serapis.

His thoughts turn once again as he approaches Speaker Pylaeus. He had been an admirable leader of the White, far outplaying his opposites in the Blue and Red Demes. In many ways he had been the ideal senator, and that had always annoyed Marius. For while Pylaeus was doubtless a great asset for the Demes his very competence was standing in the way of Marius' own chances for advancement. Oh, Serapis was still a great house, perhaps the wealthiest in the senate thanks to its freedom from taxation, but that had been his fathers doing and not Marius' own. Alexios had even named Pylaeus as the most suitable successor for leading the Demes, not accounting for the possibility he would die from the plague before Pylaeus was too old to succeed him. To Father he thinks bitterly to himself as he raises his glass in greeting to his Leader and drinks.

He moves on, not wanting to interrupt Pylaeus conversation with Mandromenos and instead approaches Senator Mojmirid. "Theresa sends her regards. She was greatly saddened by hearing of the loss of Zeno Urbicus, as am I. He was a great man. How fares my dear cousin Livia?

Flavius scanned the groups of Senators as they conversed between each other. While watching the men debate a familial friend approached him. "Ah, Senator Serapis. I have heard much of you from my cousin, before his untimely demise. As for Livia, I wish I knew, the last I heard of her she was taken captive by the rabble. A feisty woman like her I am sure is doing just fine, however I would be less concerned with distant relations and more focused on the pressing issues of the day. However I am glad to hear that my half-sister Theresa is doing well. Tell me, what is your stance on this Angelina the Lightbringer?" Watching Senator Serapis leave caused Flavius' eyebrow to twitch slightly. However maintaining composure is paramount to diplomacy. "Yes, we do need to talk later. I hope fate guides you well."

{{ I think he was banned, I can't even tag him here ... }}
{{His avatar says "on probation" although his profile is locked so that might have some implications...}}

Reactions:
{{His avatar says "on probation" although his profile is locked so that might have some implications...}}
{{I remember seeing that. It would have been interesting to see his character during this senate session.}}

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Senator Flavius Lucius Mojmirid (Red Dems)
Flavius scanned the groups of Senators as they conversed between each other. While watching the men debate a familial friend approached him. "Ah, Senator Serapis. I have heard much of you from my cousin, before his untimely demise. As for Livia, I wish I knew, the last I heard of her she was taken captive by the rabble. A feisty woman like her I am sure is doing just fine, however I would be less concerned with distant relations and more focused on the pressing issues of the day. However I am glad to hear that my half-sister Theresa is doing well. Tell me, what is your stance on this Angelina the Lightbringer?" Watching Senator Serapis leave caused Flavius' eyebrow to twitch slightly. However maintaining composure is paramount to diplomacy. "Yes, we do need to talk later. I hope fate guides you well."

"Please forgive the interruption Senator Mojmirid," Marius says as he returns to Flavius. "Urgent faction business. Ah, such sad news about Livia. I almost pity the peasants." He surpresses a worried frown with a grin and then becomes serious once again. "That false prophet is the greatest threat that faces the Imperium. Well, the Angelina that is, not our dear Livia. If she has her way she will rob the Imperium of its very soul, and it will matter little what the Mongols or Xenoi will do to its flesh afterwards. If it is no longer Christian it does not deserve saving.

Her vile religion must be stopped, at any cost. But I believe the best way to stop it is by avoiding unneccessary bloodshed. A Synod would allow the Church to disprove her nonsensical blasphemies and discredit her in the eyes of the people, and a trial would be the natural consequence if she does not repent. She is likely to attend the synod of her own free will, driven by hubris, but if she does not we must bring her forcefully. If the Imperium displays firmness and justice, and perhaps offers a pardon to those misled by her words, we can avoid another great rebellion. But if we simply do nothing we will already be damned."

Senator David Ignacion (Unaffiliated):

David took a moment of his solace to silently pray for his sister Zoe. She had disappeared to an Aegyptus monastic order around the time the plague struck. He had heard conflicting rumors about her since. Some say she simply perished, some say she had been captured and violated by the sons of Timur, some say she fled south to the exarchates. However there was one prevalent rumor that David was terrified of: she may have succumbed to the words of Lady Sophia and joined her vile heresy.

He wanted the Angeloduloi to remain peaceful in this tenuous time, to rile them up would cause extreme damage that the Imperium could not afford. He didn't want her blood shed, he didn't want to be at least partly responsible for her murder and the murder of misguided souls. He prayed to god for a solution. But he knew he would offer none. He knew that what would happen was resting on the shoulders of he and his fellow senators. He prayed to god for strength. But he knew he would receive none.

He finished his prayer and stood up, declining the remaining wine he saw on the table.

{[Sorry guys, I am very sick, I'll do my best to participate as most as possible}}
Senator Jakov Desmerti
Jakov evaluates Colombo. In his prior experience, madmen were most usually careless and easily manipulable. He then answers him.

"I see, Senator Colombo."

He appears to think for a while.

"I shall join your plot. I see the benefit of replacing the faith with the Angoduali.. ANd i shall deliver the greatest possible benefit to our faction, I plan to recruit the very essence of the belligerent reds to our cause. Senator Mandremenos.

"This is madness, I hear you say? No. The man cares only about fighting for the imperium and... something else, a secret even you have as yet uncovered."

I shall win him to our cause, and with him the key to bringing down our dear president and the Kolemnos.

I'm sure that I shall be properly rewarded once we have won".

He holds up the brazier to Colombo: "Come, no one is watching, and all know of your tendencies. Let us feast to our understanding."
@luciusmalfoy012

{{ What happened?

Also to not get off topic, interesting meeting so far. Yep. Not much time to Capponi it up today unfortunately. }

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Faction Speaker of the White demes)

*To Senators Raoul and Leonidos*

Well Senators Leonidos and Raoul, let us wait no longer. We can inform di Capponi at a later date, I am sure he will understand. I want to talk with you about the addendum proposed by the President of the Senate - the expression of support for Megas Domestikos as well as mourning the death of his beloved brother. Since the white demes is quite closely connected to the Megas Domestikos, I'd like you to vote FOR the support of the Dalassenoi during the voting. You can make up your mind about the synod and the trial in any way you deem right - although I believe that the only difference among us regards the severity of punishment for the Angelodouli.

But by acting and voting together we can show the Megas Domestikos that the white demes wants to unveil the mysteries behind the murder of the Ecumenical Patriarch, and we can also prove to the Senate that the white demes is able to act united if the task requires it.

I've talked to the senior members of the demes already and they agreed with my proposal which makes me bring the topic to you - I'd like to hear you as well.

What do you say, my colleagues?

{{

Alternatively, just type the "@" and the correctly spelled username. But you need to have a space before the @ and after the end of the name or it won't work.

@Attalus @RedInc }}

Senator Belissarios Leonidos (White Demes):

"I am not most familiar with the dynatoi and their affiliations, but on this I will vote as you wish.

{{Thanks for the advice, I'm somewhat new 'round these parts.}}

Leon Taurinus (Red Demes)
*Putting his mask back on as he returns to his fellow Reds, some of whom he has reason to fear may carry the plague of madness, or worse...
He notices the stoic speaker Este-Ravenna, who stands unmoved in deep thought as he considers the weighty offer placed before him.
he walks over to the other Reds and speaks up from under his mask. *

"Gentlemen, perhaps since our speaker has lost his voice, we should accompany him to meet with the President.
I grow wary of standing here while the Blues are free to scheme whatever new madness they've dreamed up."

Senator Alexios Este-Ravenna (Red Demes Speaker):

The senator's health is not what it was. He limps slowly but surely down the hall, an old wound agitated by time.

The goals of the Army are to protect the Imperium from threats within and without.We have been plagued with the former in recent times. If we can solve the issue of rebellion here, we can focus on other matters, like the continued reconquest of Hispania for the Imperium. The decisions we make today may influence the course of this rebellion. I fear that I must disagree with your opinion that this business is worthless of our time. But perhaps you are right, we need a change to bring the Imperium back to glory.

Anyways, loyal men are in short supply and having a great force in a secured area is counterproductive to the destruction of the rebels. Perhaps in a few more years when this bankruptcy is a forgotten ill, we can strike out at them. Perhaps this is a shortcoming of our esteemed Megas Domestikos. There is one thing to consider though, these Angelodouloi couldn't have gained the ground they have, especially in Aegyptus, without aid from one of the great dynatoi houses. The primary agents for this would be the Dalessenoi and the Komnenoi. Personally, I find the support of the Dalessenoi of a synod with the Lightbringer present and the failures of the Black Tagma under orders from the Megas Domestikos to be most suspicious. What say you my fellow Reds?
"Trust not the Dynatoi, for they are powerful and full of ambition. The Komnenoi, being the greatest of the great houses, would have less to gain from upsetting the status quo; if one of the two houses are supporting the Angeloduli it is far more likely that the Dalassenoi are responsible... we must tread carefully, fellow senators. The President seems intent on following his predecessor's efforts and using the Senate as a tool for his ambitions. We may benefit from this, but only if we are cautious. I propose we feel out the White Demes, as traditional allies.... I have heard whispers of Speaker Colombo, and few of them bode well. I fear he may be lost to heresy, but at the very least he is a self serving snake and not to be trusted with matters of import."

The Emperor has no time to give to the scurrying of insects at his feet. As the dynatoi consider us no better than the common swine, they are but gnats to him. Nay, the Emperor focuses strictly on the greatest of threats, the Rebellion and stability of the Imperium, the actions of the Horde, Xenoi, and other threats, and the advancement of our technology so he can guarantee both. He knows, but the dynatoi stand as much chance against his as an ant against a bear. It is of no concern to him. We must seek out allies of our own to have a chance, or be destroyed as an enemy to all. I do not trust the Dalessenoi to give us that chance, but the Komnenoi might. Perhaps we should follow our friend Este-Ravenna and hear what our President has to offer?

"The Senate has yet to secure itself as an institution of substantial power, as our past president clearly showed. As to allies...the Komnenoi and Dalassenoi can be played against each other, perhaps; their very power blinds them to the Senate's potential, as they view us as beneath their notice and incapable of independent action. Between the two of them I will say this: the Komnenoi have not executed a senator, justifiably or otherwise, in the middle of a session. They have far more to lose from general upheaval and far less to fear from a Senate granted greater autonomy, yet if their power is entrenched they will be utterly unassailable. Perhaps the Senate should seek out the lesser Dynatoi? The more players on the field the more opportunities present themselves."

Reactions: