• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Armand was horrified. Civil war had torn the land apart and he couldn't help but blame himself. He had advised the King to support the least palatable option, he had been unable to persuade the Greek court, he had failed to discern the true motives of the rebel, Ioannes.

Yet, in spite of this there was a part of him that felt this was for the better. With dissidents purged and the die-hard proponents of Orthodoxy dead or disgraced, perhaps now Greece could look to a new future hand in hand with Aragon. Perhaps the lost lives had been worth it. Armand pushed those thoughts away, that's the sort of cold attitude his father might have adopted. Not him.

Maybe it was time to return home. He had been running from family for too long, even now the thought of seeing his love again made him anxious which in turn made him feel guilty all over again. Still, he had grandchildren now; the eldest born in '38 just weeks after her great grandfather, Maxime was found dead. The news of his sister's father-in-law's demise had saddened Armand deeply. He vowed that those who spread idle rumours without thought or respect for their victim would burn in hell for their sins.

Yes it was time to return to family.

Letter to the King

Your Majesty,
I must offer my deepest apologies for my roll in this sad affair in Greece, the whole thing leaves me with nothing but remorse. In light of this, coupled with a desire to return home I tender my resignation as Your Majesties Representative. Perhaps a new face may fare better at healing divisions than an old. If I may be so bold, I would like to recommend General Lord Kostopoulos as my successor in this office, he has developed a good rapport with the court here after his victories against the rebels.

It is my understanding that the good Cardinal Modena has ascended to the august office of Papal Vice Chancellor and is therefore no longer in Aragon. If he is unable to execute the office of Steward that he previously held, I would be more than happy to take up the burden.

Your servant in God,
AA Sastre,
Count of Urgell.

Alexandros Kostopoulos was happy with the outcome of the war.. Having been made General of the Naples army and having taken part in some battles as well as sieges he was very happy about the first part of the war, He was not so happy with having to kill his fellow Greeks although they did it to themselves when they revolted. But now the war and rebellion was over and he had a chance to relax. He realized that the Emperor of the byz had indeed came to his city during the rebellion and stayed in one of the villas. In fact the man stayed until the rebellion was over and once it was he returned back to the capital of Constantinople. But as the days went on he began to think it would be better if he was representative to the Byzantine court . He was greek after all and after defending the emperor throne. He had to take a chance and ask the King if he could represent Aragons interest in the court of the Byzantine emperor

Letter to the Great King Ferran III de Trastámara. It was a private letter

Dear your Majesty
I wish to ask you that I be appointed as Representative of aragon in the byzantine court. After I help them Defeat the Rebels that rose up after your just decision to for their heir to the throne. I have come to know the byzantine emperor who I have talked to a few times ever since. In fact I was invited to attend a feast he was hosting and spoke to him and we have become good friends as much as a count and Emperor could be. So Now I have asked if I can be appointed as the Representative to the byzantine court as i feel I will do a good job with them. Not only do I have connections to the Greek people as my family has deep roots in Greek society .But I have a good standing with the emperor as well which will make it easier for us in the long run as I am good friends with both the current Emperor and his heir I hope you give me the appointment to the position as I feel that I will do a good job for you and the Kingdom of Aragon.

Your most humble Servant
Alexandros Kostopoulos
Count of Athens

@Michaelangelo ((is it ok that i got the Pope over to Pirineo, at least a little bit, for what i used him for?))

((I'd prefer people in general to avoid controlling foreign rulers in most cases, but since you were the last Pope it makes sense. Same would go for the Representative to Byzantium including the Greek Emperor in their posts.))

Your Majesty,
I must offer my deepest apologies for my roll in this sad affair in Greece, the whole thing leaves me with nothing but remorse. In light of this, coupled with a desire to return home I tender my resignation as Your Majesties Representative. Perhaps a new face may fare better at healing divisions than an old. If I may be so bold, I would like to recommend General Lord Kostopoulos as my successor in this office, he has developed a good rapport with the court here after his victories against the rebels.

It is my understanding that the good Cardinal Modena has ascended to the august office of Papal Vice Chancellor and is therefore no longer in Aragon. If he is unable to execute the office of Steward that he previously held, I would be more than happy to take up the burden.

Your servant in God,
AA Sastre,
Count of Urgell.

Xs93UHA.png

Cardinal Modena has still been serving us as Steward, but perhaps it is time to reshuffle the Council. Our Court Chaplain has been vacant for some time and Cardinal Modena may be better suited for that role. I shall ask of him if he would serve us in that capacity and allow you to serve as Steward. As for your suggestions for the new Representative to Byzantium, I shall take it into consideration

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

Dear your Majesty
I wish to ask you that I be appointed as Representative of aragon in the byzantine court. After I help them Defeat the Rebels that rose up after your just decision to for their heir to the throne. I have come to know the byzantine emperor who I have talked to a few times ever since. In fact I was invited to attend a feast he was hosting and spoke to him and we have become good friends as much as a count and Emperor could be. So Now I have asked if I can be appointed as the Representative to the byzantine court as i feel I will do a good job with them. Not only do I have connections to the Greek people as my family has deep roots in Greek society .But I have a good standing with the emperor as well which will make it easier for us in the long run as I am good friends with both the current Emperor and his heir I hope you give me the appointment to the position as I feel that I will do a good job for you and the Kingdom of Aragon.

Your most humble Servant
Alexandros Kostopoulos
Count of Athens

Xs93UHA.png

Seeing as our previous Representative just resigned, we shall grant your request.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((@Von Habsburg))
Xs93UHA.png

I suspect that your appointments within the Church have taken up much of your time. While you have served faithfully as Steward, I hope that you would consider instead taking the position of Court Chaplain. We have need of a more active member of court to serve in the role to ensure the faith remains strong. Would you consider it?

This was it. The end was at hand.

The winds were so strong it was as if God himself sent them. Already five sailors had been pushed overboard by these ferocious gales. The light frigates had sunk, leaving the Ave Maria as the only ship standing. It too would sink within the hour. Water was already filling the bottom of the boat.

The crew had lost whatever fortitude and resilience they once possessed and were running around the deck like headless chickens. Cries of "Abandon ship!" filled the air.

But Sancho kept his cool. This was his destiny and he accepted it. He thought of all the adventures he had gone on, from India to Africa to the shores of the new world. He thought of all his first mates and the natives and "gorillae" they encountered. He smiled as the rain attacked his face. He knew he would go down as a legend and perhaps the greatest explorer in history.

Despite all these warming thoughts, the only thing he yelled as the ship continued to sink was "Damn you, Lübecker!". It was the least he could do for his rival.

Reactions:
NMTb8q6.png

To his majesty,

If Aragon needs a secular steward I will not protest. As age makes my walking more and more hard I don't think I could serve the kingdom as well as a young-un. And no man is better than a Sastre, eh? My old teacher would be proud of his son.

In following the footsteps of De Vascona, the great sainted Cardinal, to the post of court chaplain I have one request. That I be inducted to the Royal order of Light. It has seen great neglect in recent years and maybe a new appointment would bring back interest in this honor. I have served Aragon for most of my life and so did my father before me. Even though I have a Italian name and hold a Italian archbishopric, I am as Aragonese as any old family.

Lumen ne lumine,

Vice-Chancellor Raffaelo Módena, Primate of Sardina, and Cardinal of the Holy Mother Church.

to his majesty
I previously requested more troops and was denied forcing me to use my own funds to hire and maintain troops to defend my county plus some extra troops sent to reinforce the expeditionary army against the rebel Byzantines this put pressure on my fortunes as such I request that I be repaid from the royal coffers to the amount of $40 ducats for all expenses during the campaigns in Byzantium as well as the defense of the county

Jose de la costa

Reactions:
NMTb8q6.png

To his majesty,

If Aragon needs a secular steward I will not protest. As age makes my walking more and more hard I don't think I could serve the kingdom as well as a young-un. And no man is better than a Sastre, eh? My old teacher would be proud of his son.

In following the footsteps of De Vascona, the great sainted Cardinal, to the post of court chaplain I have one request. That I be inducted to the Royal order of Light. It has seen great neglect in recent years and maybe a new appointment would bring back interest in this honor. I have served Aragon for most of my life and so did my father before me. Even though I have a Italian name and hold a Italian archbishopric, I am as Aragonese as any old family.

Lumen ne lumine,

Vice-Chancellor Raffaelo Módena, Primate of Sardina, and Cardinal of the Holy Mother Church.

Xs93UHA.png

That is a bold offer. Induction into the Royal Order of Light is earned through merit, not by request. Although you do raise a good point. The Order has been neglected for too long. I shall consider allowing more members to be added to this prestigious ((and somewhat pointless)) order.

to his majesty
I previously requested more troops and was denied forcing me to use my own funds to hire and maintain troops to defend my county plus some extra troops sent to reinforce the expeditionary army against the rebel Byzantines this put pressure on my fortunes as such I request that I be repaid from the royal coffers to the amount of $40 ducats for all expenses during the campaigns in Byzantium as well as the defense of the county

Jose de la costa

Xs93UHA.png

I am uncertain why you require funds from the treasury. All soldiers in Aragon's army are recruited and paid for by the Crown, including those who were sent off to fight the Greek rebels. All personal levies that fall outside the jurisdiction of the army are the responsibility of the liege lord who raised them, as is the right of all lords. If you chose to send your own levies to fight the Greeks in support of the kingdom instead of relying solely on Aragon's army, the financial burden of such an action still falls on you, not the Crown. I do greatly appreciate any assistance you provided our troops. The rebels were quite persistent.

to his majesty
are we planning on going to war against the mamelukes if so please advise of what to do to the troops I have at the moment because the mamelukes can go like a knife through butter through Byzantium army in a matter of months and I don't have enough troops to defend against a full-scale invasion since you majesty refuse to send more troops to reinforce me.

Jose de la costa

Reactions:
Xs93UHA.png

That is a bold offer. Induction into the Royal Order of Light is earned through merit, not by request. Although you do raise a good point. The Order has been neglected for too long. I shall consider allowing more members to be added to this prestigious ((and somewhat pointless)) order.

((Totally and utterly Private))

Forgive my bluntness your majesty, I am more suited for a fiery speech from a pulpit than navigating court protocol. I am aware of the great honor you would impart in me and my house by awarding this recognition. But, I will be patient as always if you decide I haven't proven my merits yet. Even a posthumous honor would please me. May I nominate Alejandro Sancho? Not a man in Aragon can disrepute his merit.

On another thought, there is significant interest in the Vatican when it comes down to restoring the legitimate temporal lands of the Pope. Some Cardinals including myself believe that it was a Tuscan threats and the French influence in the Curia that made the Holy Father remove the Papal Interdict on Tuscany. France is a traditional ally of Tuscany and would support its interests. May I suggest applying pressure on the Tuscans to try to revive the so called Papal States. Modena and Ferrara would also be happy with renewed independence. I only dare to write seeing that the holy father is currently preoccupied in Aragon. It is a shame that Stephen went to the lord so quickly.

In the end I am a man of the cloth surrounded by men of the steel; one must adapt or find himself in a Roman alley with a Tuscan blade in his throat.

Lumen te Lumine,

Vice-Chacellor Cardinal Módena
((Though the practicality of the order is questionable, the entertainment in seeing who is and was a major player at court isn't hard to see. Hope you consider bringin it back))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Xs93UHA.png

I believe it is time that the Royal Order of Light receive some new members. The Order is not a collection of snobbish elite nor a knightly order, but an honour bestowed upon those who have done great service for the kingdom of Aragon. It is time that many of Aragon's most loyal subjects be recognized, both living and deceased.

First of all, we live in a time of wondrous discovery, where entire new continents have been discovered. If not for a few brave men, these lands would remain mere rumours spread to us by the Portuguese. Instead we control lands that bring us great wealth and show the true power of our kingdom. Those who sought out these lands in the name of Aragon deserve recognition. Sadly, the four I wish to mention are not here with us today. Both Juan Ponce de Leon and Denis Philippe de Montségur served as conquistadors, exploring these lands and facing struggle after struggle, which ultimately took both their lives. Our two explorers, Alejandro Sancho and Ferdinand Xaver Lübecker, departed a few years ago to circle the globe, the pinnacle of the many accomplishments they have achieved, but we have yet to hear from them. Regardless, all four of these men deserve to be honoured for their achievements.

In matters of faith, we have seen many great men. Pope Stephen X was the first Aragonese to lead the Holy Church, yet his time was cut too short. Before that, he was known to us as Juan de Soneta. It is humbling to think that a man we once all knew became a pope. Cardinal Raffaelo Mòdena has long served both the kingdom and the Church. His dedication to both has only strengthened ties between us and the Holy See. He should thus be recognized as such. Another man, one Cardinal Manuel de Vivar y Sastre, was practically a fixture of the Aragonese administration, serving the kingdom faithfully on the Council for years. Men of the cloth have always done great things for this kingdom. Thus I wish these three men to be inducted into the Royal Order of Light as well.

While a bit unconventional, I believe a merchant should be added to this list. The late Maxime de Saint-Pierre was the first to establish a trading company within this kingdom and spent many years ensuring that Aragon remained the dominant trade power in the region as Grandmaster. Now we have three trading companies and wealth flows into the kingdom. Trade is of such vital importance to us as a kingdom and Maxime de Saint-Pierre should be recognized for starting us along that path towards becoming a trading empire.

As you can well see, I wish to add eight new members to the Royal Order of the Light, most of them posthumously. May these men be forever remembered for all they have done for their kingdom.

((I hope you're all happy now. Now the Order has been spammed with new members. :p))

Reactions:
Stewards Plan

The north of Aragon can provide a fertile recruiting ground for our armies. Barracks shall be built in the following provinces when funds become available.

Barcelona
Zaragoza
Urgell
Roussllion
Girona

Stability should be maintained at 1.
If Aragon enters a state of war, War Exhaustion is to be lowered should it reach 6.

Ferdinant was given the order. The order to punish those who sabotaged the TPTC. He would sail the Royal Aragonese fleet down the african coast. Even though the ATC and the TPTC were bitter rivals, it would be better for both of them if these pirates got sunk to the bottom of the ocean. They encountered a fleet of the ATC, and asked if they had seen pirates. They had seen some pirates, but the pirates ignored them for some reason. They probably knew that the head of the ATC also was admiral of the Aragonese navy. And you don't want an angry admiral trying to kill you. But destroying any Aragonese ship would be a deadly mistake. After days of sailing they finally found the pirates. The fleets would engage in bloody battle. The battle took over 3 hours, but in the end, Ferdinant was victorious. Some ships were stolen from the pirates, but these ships got sunk shortly after. The pirate fleet had been beaten. Those pirates which had not been sunk had scattered, and would not be a danger to trade in the region for years. Ferdinant sailed back to Valencia, everything was left there to sink and be lost forever...

Reactions:
Jose de la Costa heard that a fellow noble had died and had excluded him from his will specifically which annoy him and when he was annoyed he dint think too rationally he began to plan how to kidnap and hold for ransom the heir of the noble still he received what was considered his rightful part of the inheritance.

Reactions:
Sancho woke up to find sand in his mouth.

Where am I? Is this heaven?

But no, it wasn't heaven. It was Hawaii. But Sancho did not know this. To him it was a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific. Rather than fall into despair, he ventured into the interior to look for food, water, and shelter. He may be an old man but he was still a hearty adventurer.

The island was not deserted, however. As he began to walk into the unkempt jungle, an experience the old explorer was used to, he saw what he most feared.

Lübecker!

The only two survivors of the great wrecks were the two rival captains...

Reactions:
private
to Philippe de Saint-Pierre
im writing to you in regard as to your father will demanding that you send me the 10% that i was entitle because of all the damage your father did to my reputation.i suggest you dont refuse my demand otherwise back luck might happen to your company as well as yourself

Jose de la Costa

Reactions: