• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Xs93UHA.png

You have been handling trade with our colonies in Brazil for a few years now and I see no reason to deny your request. You shall be granted a monopoly over trade in Brazil.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((You should go edit your charter to include this monopoly. I have a link to it in the table of contents.))

My king, I want to thank you for granting us the monopoly on Brazil.

- Ferdinant de Almeria, head of the ATC and admiral of the Aragonese navy.

I want to annouce that the ATC is now recruiting new merchants. You can apply for the job by sending me a letter.

The journey to Athens was a very nice one. The sea was quiet, a soft breeze blowing into the sails, and Duke Francois thoroughly enjoyed it. If the feast would be just like that... Lost in his thoughts, he almost missed the city when they arrived. Sometimes, he envied his brother... But each time, that feeling didn't last long.

-at the feast-
The villa of the Count was decorated admirably. One could see that he had preparated this feast for some time now. It wasn't the pompous palace of Palermo, all the better. He didn't share his great-grandfather's or his brother's taste. Francois got into some chatting with other guests. He wondered if Denis would be like Sancho one day, hopelessly exaggerating, but alive and entertaining the others with stories of his expeditions. Then he saw his sister. Greeting Francesco de Soneta, he soon got to spend some time with her.
'Really? My best wishes, Valentine. Well, everything is fine with me as well.'
She smiled. 'And Denis? You certainly heard more of him than I do.'
Francois took two chess figures out of his purse. 'I think he couldn't be better. Of course, I would prefer a letter,' they both laughed. '...But this has a clear meaning.'
'If you were to ask him, he would say that he has no paper or ink to spend, I am sure. He'll never forget that, will he?'
'He'll never stop remembering it to me either. But enough of our great explorer of a brother - let us enjoy the feast some more.'
As they returned to the hall, Francois put the figures back into his purse. A queen and a bishop. The first of countless checkmates his brother had inflicted on him. He'd know if he had won once. If he sent him that, it could only mean that he felt like after that first victory. He showed himself a bit more, a duke overshadowed by his brother, but enjoyed the feast until its end.

Letter to Jose de la Costa,

If I remember correctly, you called me an "oppertunistic pirate" because I protected the count of my own city. I do not accept these kind of insults. I am a man of honor and loyalty.

- Ferdinant II de Almeria, head of the ATC and admiral of the Aragonese navy

King Ferran III made his rounds at the party, ensuring that he conversed with all his subjects. Everyone was quite pleasant and Count Kostopoulos had done wonders with his home in Athens. The wine was delicious, the music pleasing to the ear, and food made the king's mouth water. The only thing that dampened the mood was Count de la Costa and his excessive number of personal guards. The man had asked him before to help dispel the rumours of madness, but seeing the man surrounded by more guards than Count Kostopoulos had guarding his own home made the king wonder. Why was he so paranoid? The king merely shrugged. What the rest of court thought of this man was not his problem. Either the count could dispel these rumours by proving them false through his actions or they were indeed true. Maybe he would suggest the use of prayer, for trying to grow closer to God would surely help rid him of his inner demons. He went to tell the count such, but he had already left the party. The king supposed it wasn't that big of a deal.

Prince Carles stood off to the side of the room, staring dully at guests. Ferran sighed and excused himself from his current conversation to speak with his son. His son nodded as he approached, but didn't say anything.

"Are you not enjoying the festivities?" King Ferran asked.

Prince Carles shrugged and said, "It's not my kind of thing. I prefer some good peace and quiet, and maybe a good book."

"Well at least try to socialize. Some of the younger women attending seem quite interested in you."

Carles scowled. "I have no interest in them. We both know you'll soon marry me off to some homely and most likely boring princess soon."

King Ferran had to do his best to suppress a chuckle. "Not all princesses are ugly trolls. Your mother was once a princess, after all."

"I'd prefer a better option than spending the rest of my life chained to some woman and raising a family."

The idea seemed odd to the king. One of his favourite things in life was spending time with his family, but he supposed not everyone was that way. Clearly his son needed a purpose. He had one in mind, but he needed to see how his son would react. "Have you considered taking up the cloth?"

Carles stiffened at the suggestions. "Me? A priest? I know little of religion."

"That does not matter," Ferran said. "You will learn all you need to know in time. It has been some time since a Trastámara served in the Church."

"If that's what you think is best," Carles said.

Ferran smiled and nodded. Yes, that would do just nicely. With that, he went back to mingling with the other guests.

Reactions:
to Ferdinant II de Almeria.
I call you an opportunist and pirate because you defended someone who has betrayed my trust and release private information and only a opportunist and pirate deals with someone who breaks trust unless you are not a gentleman?
Jose de la costa

Reactions:
((@Michaelangelo guess my persumption of the young un being excitable was wrong XD, want me to change my IC, so that there are no continuity problems?))

((That would probably be wise. :p))

jose de la costa seem to be becoming more and more paranoid he began hiring more and more troops as to reach a level that he could almost singled handed invade Byzantium or declare himself independent from the king as well as create a spy bureau to the point that his treasury was in deficit declaring martial law and declaring that all ships and persons entering and leaving Epirus would be searched as well making Epirus a police state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_state

Reactions:
A couple of hours have passed since Ferdinant drank that entire bottle of vodka. He excused the count of Athens, but he would go outside to puke. This was one of his worse plans. He could barely walk. It took him 10 minutes to get back to the feast. He ate what was left of his beef. He got another letter from the count of Epirus. He was insulting Antonio again. He was getting tired of this.

To *spot of puke* sta

You do not want to do this, i'm afraid...

This is also a perfect oppertunity for me to explain my own character trait system, which will influence behaviour.

My characters will get 4 traits. 1/2 positive, 1 neutral and 1/2 negative.

The positive traits are generally good.

The neutral traits are positive traits with a sizeable negative to balance it.

And the negative traits are bad.

For example, my current character of Ferdinant II de Almeria, has the traits of:

-Honorable (Will not do unhonorable things)
-Loyal (Will not betray)
-Busy (Gets a lot of stuff done, but often has no time left)
-Alcoholic (BEER)

I have a set list of traits, but some are made up when I make a new character.

PM me if you have any questions regarding this system.

"My friend, what a journey we have been on," Sancho said to Maxime, cheerily greeting his friend and trading partner.

"Indeed, we've come really far. Do you remember the time when you were sitting alone? And now you are the greatest explorer of our time, if not the greatest explorer in history." Maxime said with a slightly sad look.

"Yes, I remember," Sancho said, as if looking out into the distance. "But The TPTC helped me become a great man. And now the company's power and wealth have been spread to four different continents."

The conversation paused as the two men took a sip from their goblets.

We probobly won't see each other. I'm getting old, and you are going on a sucidal mission." Maxime said "I don't think any wil follow you, since only manmand would attemp this. You will need a lot of supplies, since you won't have man oportunities to esupply on the way. And it has to be something that will last a long time. Some luxury goods will porobobly do wonders for the morale so I would like to give you few bottles of wine. The ships will also need some modification, since they are not made to last such long journeys. The hull will have to be strengthened, and you never know if the sail will suffer ant damage, so you will need supplies to repair them during the travel. I will pay for all of that. It's the last I can do to repay you for your long years of service. I think that would be all. Godspeed, and show that German who is the best!" after that Maxime hugs Sancho like a good friend.

Sancho returns the hug.

"Thank you, my friend. These supplies shall come in handy. It is quite difficult to appease sailors and who knows what difficulties our joruney may bring. I am optimistic I shall return and defeat my rival and shall make you proud! Then we shall humble this new trading company."

a mysterious figure read reports from epirus about the increasing paranoia of the count he worried that soon there would be not county of epirus ,he knew that he must do something but he also knew that if the count even go a hit that he was in Epirus his life was probably over for he was alexander del monte a distant relative of the de la costa family and the last report had the count of Epirus without heir and was arresting anyone who might have a claim to being heir of the county of Epirus.he decided to send a letter to the king suggesting that he take over the county of Epirus from his paranoid relative and bring I and the treasury back to its former wealthy status.

Reactions:
((I've designed the basic mechanics for the crime system and tested them for delpiero's event. A lot of it requires me to make up rolls based on the specific circumstances, but I kind of have to to account for all possibilities. Anyway, based on what I rolled, delpiero's pirate attack ended up targeting the TPTC the most and as a result, their trade was hurt. The culprit was not discovered. I've decided that piracy attacks targeted at trading companies with monopolies may remove the extra VP from that monopoly if they succeed. As a result, the TPTC, or more specifically @05060403, loses its extra merchant VP. I did another roll to determine the severity of the attack and have determined that it was significant enough that the extra VP will be removed for the next 2 votes. After that, the extra VP will return to the TPTC. Hopefully this all makes sense. It's a difficult system to design. Anyway, delpiero is free to write IC about the pirates' success if he pleases.

Also, in another relevant matter, it should be mentioned that I have a general guideline about players only swapping characters roughly one every ten years. This is to prevent character spam. Everyone should keep this in mind.))

Reactions:
(( Private letter to @ThePatriotOfDreumel ))
Ferdinant II de Almeria,

I happily accept your proposal to marry my sister.

As well, we must discuss the state of the navy at some point. In time, the colony in St. Helena will be self-sustaining, and no doubt my family would desire to sponsor a new colony in an advantageous location.

(( Private letter to @Michaelangelo ))
Your majesty,

Is my information correct that Amelia-Sofia de Foix is yet unbethrothed? If that is so, I would ask her hand in marriage.

Your servant,
Pablo David de la Iglesia y Maig

((@Idhrendur i know that the marriage of your character is techically between you and the king, but Amelia is distantly related to Francesco also, just want to say he'd approve of this, and, if you want, i could incorperate you and your family line into my family tree. I just like records of who's in the family ;) ))

Reactions:
Your majesty,

Is my information correct that Amelia-Sofia de Foix is yet unbethrothed? If that is so, I would ask her hand in marriage.

Your servant,
Pablo David de la Iglesia y Maig

Xs93UHA.png

I am certain my distant cousin would be delighted to marry into your family. I will contact her family immediately and make the arrangements.

- His Majesty, Ferran III de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Protector of the Greeks

((Since Amelia-Sofia is a female relative of the Trastamaras, you have full control of her and any offspring. It's always good to clarify since I've added so extensively to the royal family tree through RNG rolls. :)

Interesting fact, but you're now cousins-in-law with Little Ferran in Bohemia. I didn't notice that Amelia-Sofia's cousin was Little Ferran's wife, Anna. :p))

Last edited:
to his majesty the emperor
I doubt you have heard of me my name is alexander del Monte I belong to a distant branch of the de la costa family I have heard that the current count his becoming mad and paranoid and would like permission to take over the county and the tittle of count fom the current count jose de la costa I have receive several secret request from important people in the county requesting me to step in and restore the county to normality away from the current police state its in.
alexander del monte

Reactions:
to his majesty the emperor
I doubt you have heard of me my name is alexander del Monte I belong to a distant branch of the de la costa family I have heard that the current count his becoming mad and paranoid and would like permission to take over the county and the tittle of count fom the current count jose de la costa I have receive several secret request from important people in the county requesting me to step in and restore the county to normality away from the current police state its in.
alexander del monte

Reactions: