• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Private letter to Pablo David de la Iglesia y Maig @Idhrendur ))
Pablo David de la Iglesia y Maig,

I would like to arrange a marriage with your beautiful daughter, Julia Ana, and bind our two dynasties together. Though I am not of noble blood, I am rich, and have command of the Aragonese navy. I would be a great husband to my wife, for the times I am not fighting battles or attending court. I will give her the best life I can. If needed, I can send you some of my fortunes.

- Ferdinant II de Almeria, head of the ATC, admiral of the Aragonese navy.

((Private letter to Jose de la Costa @strategymad3500 ))
Jose de la Costa, count of Epirus,
I would have to be crazy to give you troops or warships while we are at war! I need every ship I can to destroy the enemy fleets.

- Ferdinant II de Almeria, head of the ATC, admiral of the Aragonese navy

The Feast of Athens

As The Nobles arrived and were greeted by the personal guard of the count. They were taken on the tour of Athens and the surrounding countryside and vast ruins of ancient Greece for those that were interested in the culture of the ancient Greeks. Finally they would arrive at the villa of the count. upon arriving they would see the guards posted outside of the large doors of the villa now made of gold a great expense to the new count and to the people of Athens. The guards hand picked from the best soldiers locally as well as from the personal troops of the count. As the guards led them into the main room of the villa one could see that everything was arranged to perfection. The servants went around setting the tables which had the finest tablecloths on them. Once the tables were set the guests were told to sit anyplace they wanted too. The King of course had his own table with his own chair. It was not long before the count of Athens arrived dressed in his finest clothing and on his arm was a woman.. surely the countess although nobody knew he was married

" My Friends welcome to my Villa. I am so glad that you have decided to come to my Feast. This feast is both a celebration of my appointment as Count of Athens as well as a celebration of our victory over our enemies mainly castile and her allies. The world knows we are a super power. The world fears our armies and our King because he is a just King and I pray to god that god blesses him and his family for ages and ages. I also pray that god blesses all of you and your houses for ages and ages. I know a war looms on the horision as we are called to fight along side of France. I know that times will be rough as war is never pretty.But for tonight and the next few days lets celebrate our victory s and our King as well as my appointment to count of Athens !. With that said...I declare this feast Started and let the celebrations begin ! "
With that said Alexandros Kostopoulos raised his glass of wine up which signaled the servants to bring out the best wine and food to be served to his guests. As they did that he began to mingle with the nobles as the feast was now underway.

( The Feast has begun ! )

the count of epirus arrive at the count of Athens party surrounded by guards when asked about having so many guards he explained that until the rumor of his supposed madness have been put to rest he was worried for his life.the soldiers he brought outnumbered the count of Athens actual guard which cause the party to have an uneasy feeling even thought the count of epirus guards acted professionally without incident and then left the party with the count back to epirus .

upload_2015-10-30_11-28-45.jpeg

Reactions:
Ferdinant arrived in Athens. He was greeted by the guards of Alexandros Kostopoulos and he walked into the city to look at the Parthenon, the statue of Zeus and other Greek culture. Later that day would be the feast. After a 4/5 hours of the Greek history, he went to the villa of the newly appointed count. He was just on time for the feast. All the nobles of Aragon were at the feast and was that the king? The king was at the feast? He saw the count of Epirus, completely surrounded by guards. He thought that the madness of the count was a rumor caused by some drunk peasants, but this was just crazy. He was surrounded by fully armed, armored guards. Ferdinant felt uneasy. He would just ignore it. The count of Epirus suddenly left the feast. Everyone was having a great time. He talked to the nobles sitting next to him about the upcoming war. When asked about his tactics most nobles didn't understand what he was saying. Except the last line.
"Dios con nosotros"(God with us in Spanish). They knew what that meant...

The ship patiently docked into the Athenian harbour, the strong atmosphere hit him immediately, the air rich with sea and spice, most different to the fresh and calming smells of the countryside back home. But the Count of Athens was there to greet, his warm smile instantly putting Francesco's uneasy stomach at ease. After the ensemble of noblity gathered, The Athenian count conducted a most through tour of the 'ruins' of the ancient greeks. Despite it geing over 1000 years since the buildings usage, the buildings were still resplendent, easily allowing the grandur of the architecture to be marvelled. After the tour, Count Alexandros lead the troop to his fine mountain manor, most prominent and with superb views over the athenian harbour
((@LordDamien hope that fits your personal wish for your lordships house ;) ))

Francesco was impressed, despite being a newly found count, he certainly had enough money to show of this new found extravagance. With the finest wines outside of Aragon, and a feast for any a king, quite befitting seeing as Ferran III was present, along with his young son Charles? No Carles, that was it, the little one surprisingly sullen, there in the corner, at this most joyous of feasts. His dearest Valentine met with her brother ((@alscon feel free to do some IC play with her, seeing as she's your sister and you two not seen each other since the wedding))

After much wine, but not enough to go tipsy, Francesco proudly called for an annoucement "I am proud to annouce that my dearest wife, Valentine de Soneta née montseger, is with child, i hope you can all raise a glass to celebrate this most joyous of moments"
there was much cheer, and still the wine flowed, and the food kept coming out. As the night wore on however, Valentine grew tired, and Francesco attended with her, looking over the fine Ionian seas, in the still, warm, night.

((@Michaelangelo adjusted poor Carles attitude, feel sorry for him though, potentially joining the fold))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Sancho drinks a hearty amount of wine and talks about his adventures for hours to all who would listen

"And to think I was a timid boy afraid to talk to the lords of the kingdom at the last feast I attended! Anyway, I was surrounded by five hundred natives who were armed to the teeth. They wanted to cut my beard off and cut me open in the process. So I grabbed my pistol and...Sastre! Sastre! Come here. Help me tell the story..."

Reactions:
((@Michaelangelo sorry i took some liberty with him, but how else would you expect a 8? Year old to react at a party?))

((That may well fit an 8-year-old, but is quite unbecoming of a man aged twenty-four. :p Perhaps you were thinking of Ferran's third son, the ten-year-old Marti?))

Reactions:
to his majesty
once again i would like to request that can you make a public statement saying that im not mad to stop this rumors since it comes fro you i doubt anyone would said you are lying when you said im not mad.

Jose de la costa

Reactions:
to all nobles
im going to postpone the tournament and feast still after the war since no one seem to be interested because they are to busy or because they believe the rumor that im mad im even hearing rummor of being nickname jose the march hare.

Jose de la costa

to Alejandro Sancho
good luck on your attempt to circumnavigate the glove im sending you some of my troops and a supply ship so they get experience on the voyage.

Jose de la costa
((Do you want them to gain experience in dying properly? Because that's exactly what they will gain. Also could you please stop making so many double posts? ))

Reactions:
Reactions:
After arriving Armand is immediately hailed by an already tipsy Sancho, his erstwhile Captain.

"Yes, Captain it was an awfully sharp piece of melon that native was wielding..."

"Yes of course I will be eternally grateful..."

"Yes, it w-"

"Y-"

Reactions: