• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I forsee a great synod for Angelina and her followers which exhorts their innocence. Then, near the end, some muscisians start singing purging hymns and pluck at instruments eerily resembling crossbows.

Reactions:
I forsee a great synod for Angelina and her followers which exhorts their innocence. Then, near the end, some muscisians start singing purging hymns and pluck at instruments eerily resembling crossbows.

Referencing this by any chance?

Reactions:

How about we profit from the occasion to purge both Christian sects in one move ? Anyone with me to desecrate both the Church and Heretics ? :p

No, no, no, sending her to destroy the Horde is to great a honor for Angelina.

Allow her and her followers to lead a Holy War deep into Xenoi Gaul. She will surely emerge victorious!

Just wanted to say that this is amazing, one of the greatest IAARs I have read. I may or may not join sometime in the future, unfortunately the next senate session is starting around my exam time but I'll see if I can make time. :)

No, no, no, sending her to destroy the Horde is to great a honor for Angelina.

Allow her and her followers to lead a Holy War deep into Xenoi Gaul. She will surely emerge victorious!

Why do you seek to grant the heretic honors, the only thing she should be given is condemnation and purification by fire.

The madness of Angelina cannot be stopped. This is a popular movement, not just a band of heretics. The imperium is in deep disrepair... we do not have the resources to fight another raging wildfire.

Last edited:
I agree, mindlessly stamping on the heresy is likely to backfire as the Imperium is too weak... the heresy is a reaction to all the pain and suffering. They should be given the chance to air their greivances, repent, and be welcomed back into the Christian flock before they are cleansed from this earthly coil.

A synod more importantly would give a better chance of.... enticing... the Angeloduli into the open. Why would heretics answer a summons for treason when they're already effectively up in arms?

Referencing this by any chance?

I'm sure when the Emperor and his council show up to check on the senate and how they're dealing with the problem this will be what he finds

774834253.jpg

Though i fully support sending the heretics and their leaders north to be killed by the Horde, i mean, redeem themselves for the glory of the Imperium.

Reactions:
...So, Angelodulism is a kind of Neo-Cather movement? Interesting.
The strong exception to this is that this supposed prophet of god seems to be getting around much more quickly than Catharism ever did.

The strong exception to this is that this supposed prophet of god seems to be getting around much more quickly than Catharism ever did.
She travels with the speed of the plot! :p Seriously though, she was allowed to open the almshouse 10 years before current year - I think it's a sufficient amount of time considering the circumstances.

To all who sent their submissions - I'll look into them today.

Wow, just read it. Amazing writing, as always! Thanks you for making all these efforts!
My Senator is alive... I'm not sure if this is good, I had a good idea for my next one. Oh well, my dwarf Senator can wait :D
So basically we must first choose if we support trial or synod, then if we want the Italians there? Or can we, for whatever reason, vote for other 'combinations'?

Edit: I JUST REALIZED SOMTHING. From the 3rd-7th next week I'll be absent and not able to access the computer. I guess that the session will continue in those dates and there's no way to postpone it to next sunday?}}

Last edited:
@CzokletMuss

I would like to ask two questions.

1. How does this heresy actually spread? Is it only per event, because I didn't see any centers of reformation in the screeshots (although it would be cool). And have the other orthodox nations the ability to follow this new faith or is it Imperium only?

2. From a pure gameplay perspective, what options do we actually have considering the new religion? Do we only have the choice between adopting or fighting it or is there a middle way, that for example pushes our Tolerance of Heretics in the positives so a coexistence is possible?

@McGrey
My personal view on this is as such:
1. H-word spreads like culture in EU3, others may reform the usual way(rebels) or maybe there is a modded-in decision.
2. Synod and Trial?
Synod looks like the chances are for:
  • Declaring the new religion heretical,
  • Declaring it a harmless deviation from Orthodoxy (Sophia is one of the Angeloi, after all. If one of this family will be named heretic, it may undermine the faith of the people.),
  • Declaring it as the true dominant doctrine of the Christian world (unlikely, but still a possibility).
Trial will probably have a much smaller chance of Angelina getting out alive but if she is executed, she might be considered a martyr, which will significantly weaken Orthodoxy's position. (Some fanatic Angelodulists will even compare Angelina to Christ, and even more madness will follow ;))

Of course, I have no real information, so it is only my guess.

@McGrey
My personal view on this is as such:
1. H-word spreads like culture in EU3, others may reform the usual way(rebels) or maybe there is a modded-in decision.
2. Synod and Trial?
Synod looks like the chances are for:
  • Declaring the new religion heretical,
  • Declaring it a harmless deviation from Orthodoxy (Sophia is one of the Angeloi, after all. If one of this family will be named heretic, it may undermine the faith of the people.),
  • Declaring it as the true dominant doctrine of the Christian world (unlikely, but still a possibility).
Trial will probably have a much smaller chance of Angelina getting out alive but if she is executed, she might be considered a martyr, which will significantly weaken Orthodoxy's position. (Some fanatic Angelodulists will even compare Angelina to Christ, and even more madness will follow ;))

Of course, I have no real information, so it is only my guess.

You have to remember though, the Lightbringer claims the world was made by the Diabolus, while Orthodox tradition claims that God made the physical world. I don't think this is a "harmless" deviation, it is a very large change in viewpoint and I don't think it can be reconciled with the True Faith. This is not including her other radical views (Buddhist like life, death, rebirth, all men (and women) are equals and are angels, legitimization of the Aztec Gods as masters of the physical world.) This can't end peacefully, I choose to support the faith that preaches obedience to civil authorities because they were chosen and guided by God, since we are all middle level nobility. Also it means that rebellion against those authorities are heretics and legitimizes my policy for their treatment (hint: there is fire involved).

She travels with the speed of the plot! :p Seriously though, she was allowed to open the almshouse 10 years before current year - I think it's a sufficient amount of time considering the circumstances.

To all who sent their submissions - I'll look into them today.

I am not sure if I will be able to send my character today before leaving for travel but be sure I´ll do it tomorrow whatever happens.

Is there any problem with this?

EDIT: I could send you the character now and let the bio for tomorrow if it is OK...

... I don't think this is a "harmless" deviation ... This is not including her other radical views ... This can't end peacefully
Maybe. But we only heard the official story, gained by torture from the various members of the Angelodulist sect, who each have their own view perspective. Also the Synod is a place for theological discussion, right? So maybe Sophia could be persuaded (or "persuaded") to renounce those of her doctrines which are most sticking out, in exchange for pardon (+some honorary post or other small concession from the official faith).