• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should Paradox allow Crystal Empire Games to release the FtG source code?

• Total voters

Andrei Gijgorev

Civilian
3 Badges
May 23, 2007
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
So with EUIV out and FtG sales probably not contributing to Paradox Interactive's revenue in a significant way anymore, could it be possible that one day (like in a couple of years) we might see the EU2/FtG source code released?

Just wondering, MichaelM...

Also, when is the next beta with all the cool features you promised? Do you need help implementing them?

Reactions:
So with EUIV out and FtG sales probably not contributing to Paradox Interactive's revenue in a significant way anymore, could it be possible that one day (like in a couple of years) we might see the EU2/FtG source code released?

Just wondering, MichaelM...
It's not my decision. All the code still belongs to Paradox.

Also, when is the next beta with all the cool features you promised? Do you need help implementing them?
I asked all interested beta testers to lend me a hand categorizing the remaining features/requests so that I could make the final cut. That was in December. So far, zero issues have been categorized. I took that as a sign of the amount of interest in the game and decided to leave well enough alone.

Reactions:
A poll whose both options are yes is no poll at all.

Reactions:
It's not my decision. All the code still belongs to Paradox.
So does that mean you would release the FtG source code if Paradox were okay with it? No intentions of porting FtG to mobile, for example?

I asked all interested beta testers to lend me a hand categorizing the remaining features/requests so that I could make the final cut. That was in December. So far, zero issues have been categorized. I took that as a sign of the amount of interest in the game and decided to leave well enough alone.
Then maybe now would be a good time to move from private to public beta, considering the state of the beta/bug report forum. I'll soon have a bit more time on my hands so I can definitely help with categorizing requests or implementing features or whatever else you need.

Speaking of having more time, I'll also finally get to start working on a map project I've wanted to do for a long while, based on Darkest Hour's E3 map. Here's a provisional setup for the southern HRE, some provinces will be merged later. What's the state of the FtG map size restrictions, I seem to recall that there were plans to allow larger map files but there were also some issues with it?

Reactions:
So does that mean you would release the FtG source code if Paradox were okay with it? No intentions of porting FtG to mobile, for example?
I am in no position to do anything so major with it. Any port would have to be a community effort.

Then maybe now would be a good time to move from private to public beta, considering the state of the beta/bug report forum. I'll soon have a bit more time on my hands so I can definitely help with categorizing requests or implementing features or whatever else you need.

Speaking of having more time, I'll also finally get to start working on a map project I've wanted to do for a long while, based on Darkest Hour's E3 map. Here's a provisional setup for the southern HRE, some provinces will be merged later. What's the state of the FtG map size restrictions, I seem to recall that there were plans to allow larger map files but there were also some issues with it?
How many of them are left? Two?:p

Seriously, you should've asked in the open forum. Folks around here might be more interested in a final patch.
I accept your proposal.