Europa Universalis IV: The Cossacks announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, you are right! Especially when Ottomans are the most powerful nation in EU4:
  • top-1 NI's according to polls
  • godly rulers
  • one of the best starting positions with lots of cores and much weaker opponents.
  • Ottoman events give them a lot of military boost
  • best starting units
  • easy westernization from Vienna or Praha

Paradox hated Ottomans so much and wanted to humiliate them, that they have also released a DLC with Turkish events and a unit pack... How dared they!

it is not keep plc from conquering constantinople at 17th c. in every 1/3 games i've even seen right? ottoman empire is great power if only controlled by player. AI? AI otto is definetly the most retarded one in the game.

if the countries like plc can conquer constantinople easily, means ottoman emp. is not strong enough.

also %25 tech penalty in the era of mehmed ii is one of the most ridiculous ideas i've ever heard. western europe's superiority LOL. tech penalty should start after 1560s not 1444.

Last edited:
Reactions:
it is not keep plc from conquering constantinople at 17th c. in every 1/3 games i've even seen right? ottoman empire is great power if only controlled by player. AI? AI otto is definetly the most retarded one in game.

if the countries like plc can conquer easily constantinople, means ottoman emp. is not strong enough.

also %25 tech penalty in the era of mehmed ii is one of the most stupid ideas i ever heard. western europe's superiority LOL. tech penalty should start after 1560s.

In all my 1500 hours in EU4 I've never ever seen AI PLC conquering Constantinople. I'm not even sure if I've seen them conquering whole Bulgaria.

Actually the tech penalty becomes noticeable around 1600's. Also I can use your approach and say that 20% tech penalty for all Eastern Europe and Byzantium is quite a debatable decision, but it has it's reasons.

Reactions:
i can post at least 5 different games i think if you want. inculudes plc's conquest of constantinople.

the reason of ottoman weakness is about alliances. paradox doesn't want to understand this. in history ottoman empire and france had an alliance. in game ottoman empire is alone. i don't count ridiculous crimea and other northern african alliances because they are damaging ottoman empire instead of helping.

most of games ottoman empire getting raped by hre and other countries in the beginning of game because stupid ai crimea declaring war on genoa and calls ottomans. crimea declares war but ottomans getting raped.

as i said ottoman empire is alone in the game so they need strong mil. ideas specially %15-20 moral instead of cheap ships. because ottoman empire can't fight alone against hre + plc + russia + persia etc...

ng84oM.jpg

MWWLj9.jpg
ZVY1pA.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
i can post at least 5 different games i think if you want. inculudes plc's conquest of constantinople.

the reason of ottoman weakness is about alliances. paradox doesn't want to understand this. in history ottoman empire and france had an alliance. in game ottoman empire is alone. i don't count ridiculous crimea and other northern african alliances because they are damaging ottoman empire instead of helping.

most of games ottoman empire getting raped by hre and other countries in the beginning of game because stupid ai crimea declaring war on genoa and calls ottomans. crimea declares war but ottomans getting raped.

as i said ottoman empire is alone in the game so they need strong mil. ideas specially %15-20 moral instead of cheap ships. because ottoman empire can't fight alone against hre + plc + russia + persia etc...

ZVY1pA.jpg
You're playing with mods and even then having a screenshot is anecdotal evidence.
I've seen the teutonic order conquer all of the former PLCs lands, I've seen the livonian order replace russia as the coloniser of the steppes. But this doesnät prove that they do it often. Myself I barely ever see the commonwealth exists, yesterday I saw the personal union between poland and lithuania for the first time since CS.

I find that while the ottomans do worse in europe than they did historically (hungary usually remains independent) they stay as the second most powerful power in te world in most my games after ming (ok third if you count whatever nation I'm playing) the most powerful should Ming fall.

Reactions:
There's some people saying this about every single expansion, I think you're confusing 'smallest' for 'does not interest me personally'.

Oh no these changes all interest me, and are all useful.
I'm just saying overall they're very small changes, with the Estates feature feeling like a slightly more involved faction system from republics.

Reactions:
I'm just saying overall they're very small changes, with the Estates feature feeling like a slightly more involved faction system from republics.

Then you're just pretty much wrong, honestly.

Reactions:
My personal problem is that in CK2 I can never keep my vassals under control, and I am a little worried (ok, a lot worried) that EU 4 is going somewhere I can't keep up.

Reactions:
You're playing with mods and even then having a screenshot is anecdotal evidence.
I've seen the teutonic order conquer all of the former PLCs lands, I've seen the livonian order replace russia as the coloniser of the steppes. But this doesnät prove that they do it often. Myself I barely ever see the commonwealth exists, yesterday I saw the personal union between poland and lithuania for the first time since CS.

I find that while the ottomans do worse in europe than they did historically (hungary usually remains independent) they stay as the second most powerful power in te world in most my games after ming (ok third if you count whatever nation I'm playing) the most powerful should Ming fall.

graphical mods don't change game. you can check out i've posted 2 more.

dude there is difference between teu. order and ottoman emp. ottoman empire was world power, most advanced nation at military and logistics between 15t-17th centuries. like usa of 16th century. you can't compare it with them.

also everyone calling france as BBB because france is too powerfull unhistorically in game, more powerfull than ottomans. ottomans would called by BGB instead of kebab.

every player who playing with some eu country prefer to attack ottomans instead of france. why? because france is always powerfull but ottomans? a whipping boy... easiest great power to defeat in game unhistorically.

anyway i'm stop posting because it is not about the subject of thread.

Last edited:
Reactions:
My personal problem is that in CK2 I can never keep my vassals under control, and I am a little worried (ok, a lot worried) that EU 4 is going somewhere I can't keep up.

offtop:
U're doing it wrong in CK2 then. First of all you should start your own eugenistics program to add as much more positive genes (look at good stats) and traits (avoid bad ones and aim for "Genius", "Strong", "Quick", "Attractive") to your family. Then you should check if all your vassals have all their de-jure lands and if they are not too powerful to rival you.

Is this game in Ironman then? And how could India become Animist?

dude there is difference between teu. order and ottoman emp. ottoman empire was world power, most advanced nation at military and logistics between 15t-17th centuries. like usa of 16th century. you can't compare it with them.

also everyone calling france as BBB because france is too powerfull unhistorically in game, more powerfull than ottomans. ottomans would called by BGB instead of kebab.

every player who playing with some eu country prefer to attack ottomans instead of france. why? because france always is powerfull but ottomans? a whipping boy... easiest great power to defeat in game unhistorically.

Spain, Portugal, Italian minors, France, HRE states and England would argue that Ottomans were "the most advanced nation" up to XVII century

Reactions:
@Wiz When Common Sense was announced, one of the announced features was the ability to see which trade good a province could get when colonized. Is this still going to be a thing?

Reactions:
I hope to be so
Maybe you need to market this expansion better, as I don't seem to be the only one with misgivings

Nah, as I said a few people say this with every expansion. I think you'll be convinced with the final feature list.

Reactions:
Almost all Old World countries having internal management dynamics by default (instead of the current situation where most countries don't have them) seems like a fairly substantial shift in the game to me.

On a vaguely related note, one thing that's been bothering me: Because of its idea group picks, TUR goes for Administrative Monarchy and Constitutional Monarchy instead of going for Absolute Monarchy, which feels really odd given that the historical Ottoman Empire didn't go constitutional until well into Vicky's timeframe.

Reactions:

every player who playing with some eu country prefer to attack ottomans instead of france. why? because france is always powerfull but ottomans? a whipping boy... easiest great power to defeat in game unhistorically.

anyway i'm stop posting because it is not about the subject of thread.
Are you kidding me I spend way more time plotting the downfall of france than the ottomans, them I only take on if I have united the HRE or soemthing. Have you looked at their late game total development, their number of soldiers, their number of ships. Like I said only ming is more powerful than the ottomans. And I didn't compare the LO and TO to the ottomans, I compared the ones they defeated, russia and the PLC respectivly to the ottomans, which is actually a fair deal since these were some of the main enemies of the ottomans.

Eh have you played it recently? As I understand it this used to be way more of a problem than it currently is.

Reactions:
Yes, I did. Massive faction was vying for independence. another massive faction was vying for something else, and a third, smaller, faction was vying for yet something else. I watch people on Youtube kill them, or buy them off or whatever, then do that very same thing myself, and it never works.
I gave up on CK2 a couple of weeks ago after a final attempt because of that very reason. It is so sad, because I love the RP aspect of that game so much. But I can't do it.