• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

exaenae

Corporal
24 Badges
Jan 29, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Estonia
Traditions - Cavalry Combat Ability: +10% / Trade Efficiency: +5%
1) Free City of Reval - Global Trade Power: +10%
The city of Reval got Lübeck Rights in 1248 and joined the Hanseatic League. We can encourage Hanseatic merchants to increase their presence in the Estonian lands for everyone's benefit.​
2) Baltic Crossroads - Accepted Culture Threshold: -10%
We are surrounded by many countries of many different cultures. We must learn to be accepting of them. Then we can expand in any direction we wish.​
3) Terra Mariana - Manpower Recovery Speed: +10%
Created after the Livonian Crusade in 1207, Terra Mariana was established as a principality of the Holy Roman Empire at first, but the Pope later proclaimed it as directly subject to the Holy See. The lands within Terra Mariana now sit in the hands of various different countries, but we should strive to unite the region once more. And we cannot do that without sufficient manpower.​
4) Baltic Reformation - Tolerance of Heretics: +2
When the Reformation began with Martin Luther and his 95 theses, the religious map of the Baltic coastline was changed greatly. We don't necessarily have to make protestantism the country's official religion, but we can at least try to understand their points and accept their faithful.​
5) Estonian Grain Trade - Goods Produced Modifier: +10%
Our land is fertile and rich in various grains, most commonly wheat. We can try to increase the amount of goods in our provinces to come that one step closer to establishing a monopoly on grain. It's not among the most expensive of goods, but you can never have too much grain.​
6) Unite the Two Voivodeships - Development Cost: -10%
Currently Estonia is a country divided into two autonomous regions. By bringing them together and uniting our country, our people and our nation can prosper.​
7) Fabricated Maps - Time to Fabricate Claims: -20% / Aggressive Expansion Impact: -5%
Estonia has existed since the Viking ages. We can fabricate maps from these times to prove that some lands belong to us, even if they truly don't. Since nobody is immortal yet, they won't be able to see through our schemes.​
Ambition - Diplomats: +1

---

Karelia
Traditions - Regiment Cost: -10% / Land Attrition: -10%
1) Ladoga Fishing Industry - National Manpower Modifier: +10%
Lake Ladoga is incredibly rich in fish. By encouraging the nation's fishermen to move to the cities surrounding the lake, as well as founding fishing outposts, we will have enough food for our citizens.​
2) Between Two Seas - Ship Costs: -10%
Our country stretches from the White Sea to the Gulf of Finland and the Baltic Sea. To protect our coastlines we must make improvements in our shipbuilding technology.​
3) The Sestra River - Trade Steering: +10%
The Karelian lands originally followed the Sestra and Neva Rivers. By encouraging trade movement along these rivers we can profit.​
4) The Two Karelian Realms - Years of Separatism: -5
The Treaty of Nöteborg in 1323 divided Karelia between Sweden and Novgorod. This division remained through the centuries. We of all people know how it feels to be divided, so we can treat our subjects with more understanding.​
5) Baltic Shipyards - Naval Force Limit Modifier: +20%
While the Baltic Sea is packed with naval activity, the White Sea is all but barren except for a few small trade fleets. We should mostly ignore the White Sea and focus our shipbuilding efforts on increasing our presence in the Baltic.​
6) Valaam Monastery - Missionary Strength: +1%
The Valaam Monastery is an Orthodox Monastery in Karelia, located on Valaam island in Lake Ladoga. When it was constructed is unclear, but what is very clear is its importance to the faithful of Karelia.​
7) From the Varanginians to the Greeks - Global Trade Power: +10%
Lake Ladoga formed a vital part of the trade route from the Varanginians to the Greeks. We know its significance, but other nations sadly don't. We should have our merchants spread the word of our nation and encourage more trade to flow into Karelia.​
Ambitions - Manpower Recovery Speed: +15%

---

There we go. In case you missed my last post, I'm going down from 3 to 2 ideas per update because of school.

Next time: Aquileia, Montferrat

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I feel like Aggressive Expansion Impact -5% is kinda pointless. It won't do much in terms of the bonus. Make the Fabrication time -25% instead.

I feel like Aggressive Expansion Impact -5% is kinda pointless. It won't do much in terms of the bonus. Make the Fabrication time -25% instead.
I wanted to keep it at -20% but I felt like the idea deserved some kind of bonus. Plus, any AE reduction is good AE reduction (in my honest opinion).

Wanted to make a eesti cannot into nordic joke, but held myself back.

These are some great ideas. Nothing more to say.

I wanted to keep it at -20% but I felt like the idea deserved some kind of bonus. Plus, any AE reduction is good AE reduction (in my honest opinion).
5% just seems low to me that's all. That's the only thing I had about these. Can't wait for the next ones :D.

5% just seems low to me that's all. That's the only thing I had about these. Can't wait for the next ones :D.
I've got some pretty strong ideas for Montferrat and Aquileia's a bit unique. Should be posted later today if all goes to plan.

I've got some pretty strong ideas for Montferrat and Aquileia's a bit unique. Should be posted later today if all goes to plan.
Can't wait. I'm actually focusing on Eastern Asia with hordes for a couple of weeks. I also got 6 colonial nations done yesterday. Half of them are new tags. If you haven't seen them I suggest seeing them. I have some cool ideas for some of them (Ex. Having Death Valley increase Discipline because training troops that can withstand the heat will strengthen soldiers.).

What do you mean by Two Voivodeships? Maybe two Governorates? Voivodeships were mainly Polish administrative therm, and Polish rule over Estonia was very short and not complete. Also I'm not sure if the Cavalry Combat Ability is the right bonus. After all, isn't the idea of independent Estonia supposed to represent a situation, when Estonians are released from the German rule? Therefore they would poses no nobility at all. I don't think that Fabricated maps make sense as well. And Terra Mariana – this could be an idea for Baltic Germans, not Estonians. Perhaps some kind of discount on war exhaustion, since Estonia was very often a battlefield of enemy troops? I would also add some technology discount due to fact that it was a place of different cultures meeting. And some defensive bonus to protect homeland.

What do you mean by Two Voivodeships? Maybe two Governorates? Voivodeships were mainly Polish administrative therm, and Polish rule over Estonia was very short and not complete. Also I'm not sure if the Cavalry Combat Ability is the right bonus. After all, isn't the idea of independent Estonia supposed to represent a situation, when Estonians are released from the German rule? Therefore they would poses no nobility at all. I don't think that Fabricated maps make sense as well. And Terra Mariana – this could be an idea for Baltic Germans, not Estonians. Perhaps some kind of discount on war exhaustion, since Estonia was very often a battlefield of enemy troops? I would also add some technology discount due to fact that it was a place of different cultures meeting. And some defensive bonus to protect homeland.
Terra Mariana was in reference that Estonia was part of it - nothing more. The Voivodeships are quite an unfortunate naming of the idea I must admit, but are supposed to be referencing the division of Estonia under Polish rule. Finally, the Cavalry Combat Ability is supposed to reference nothing in particular, because the country's traditions aren't always 100% accurate, or are even supposed to be.