• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Basileios Makedon

Head of Government
70 Badges
Apr 19, 2015
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
Bukharan Ideas

Traditions:

+2 tolerance of heretics

-20% cavalry cost

1. The Shaybanid Dynasty: The Shaybanid Dinasty was the first dinasty in ruling the Khanate of Bukhara. They made Bukhara a center of art, culture and trade and attracted wise men such as Amin Ahmad Razi, author of Seven Climates.+1 yearly prestige

2. Preserve the steppe traditions: Our horde past is still living in the Khanate in a lot of ways. Despite our modernization, we shall not forget that glorious era of riding, pillage, and conquest.+20% cavalry combat ability

3. The Silk Road: Since this city exist, it has been a very important center of trade in the Silk Road. Indian, Chinese, Persian and Arab merchants have seen and lived in this city, and we should maximize our benefit form trade.+15% global trade power

4. Mercenaries of Astrakhan: Astrakhan and Bukhara have a long-time relationship, and they helped each other against our wild cousins of the north. If we pay well, they should be wiling to put a part of their army under our control.+75% mercenaries available

5. Schools for each mahalla: A mahalla is an administrative division used in the Khanate of Bukhara. Each mahalla had their own school, so the cultural level in the Khanate was always increasing.-5% technology cost

6. Tolerate our steppe brothers: In our northern border, the turkic and Altaic peoples fight each other for the supremacy. They are very problematic, but we should do an effort to understand our steppe brothers, since long time ago, we were just like them.-15% accepted culture threshold

7. Ataliq administration: In the Khanate of Bukhara, each region was ruled by an ataliq appointed by the Khan. They received precise orders from the court to ensure that the regions didn't have too much autonomy.-0.05 monthly autonomy reduction

Ambitions:

-15% coring cost

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Bukhara isn't a horde I think. You reform into a monarch IIRC. So put Cavalry Combat instead of No Cost for Reinforcing if it's a monarch.

i would implamented it in my mod if there are discritpions

about ideas:
bukhara should have seperate ideas from uzbek

no cost for reinforcing should not be for bukhara (give them reduced cav cost instead of it, switch manpower bonus with maintenace)
cav CA and coring cost in one idea are too much

Last edited:
Reactions:
Update:
-Added descriptions for the ideas
-Removed the no cost for reinfoircing armies and put a tolerance of heathens there
-Moved the manpower to the mercenaries idea
-The coring cost has been moved to the ambitions
-Change the land maintenance modifier with a cavalry cost one

Reactions:
Bukharan Ideas

Traditions:

+2 tolerance of heretics

-20% cavalry cost

1. The Shaybanid Dynasty: The Shaybanid Dinasty was the first dinasty in ruling the Khanate of Bukhara. They made Bukhara a center of art, culture and trade and attracted wise men such as Amin Ahmad Razi, author of Seven Climates.+1 yearly prestige

2. Preserve the steppe traditions: Our horde past is still living in the Khanate in a lot of ways. Despite our modernization, we shall not forget that glorious era of riding, pillage, and conquest.+20% cavalry combat ability

3. The Silk Road: Since this city exist, it has been a very important center of trade in the Silk Road. Indian, Chinese, Persian and Arab merchants have seen and lived in this city, and we should maximize our benefit form trade.+15% global trade power

4. Mercenaries of Astrakhan: Astrakhan and Bukhara have a long-time relationship, and they helped each other against our wild cousins of the north. If we pay well, they should be wiling to put a part of their army under our control.+50% mercenaries available, +10% national manpower modifier

5. Schools for each mahalla: A mahalla is an administrative division used in the Khanate of Bukhara. Each mahalla had their own school, so the cultural level in the Khanate was always increasing.-5% technology cost

6. Tolerate our steppe brothers: In our northern border, the turkic and Altaic peoples fight each other for the supremacy. They are very problematic, but we should do an effort to understand our steppe brothers, since long time ago, we were just like them.-15% accepted culture threshold

7. Ataliq administration: In the Khanate of Bukhara, each region was ruled by an ataliq appointed by the Khan. They received precise orders from the court to ensure that the regions didn't have too much autonomy.-0.05 monthly autonomy reduction

Ambitions:

-15% coring cost
These look good after you edited them. Thoug hI think the Manpower Modifier and Mercanaries don't fit together. Replaceing it with Mercenary Maintenance fits better.
i would implamented it in my mod if there are discritpions
What mod is it?

These look good after you edited them. Thoug hI think the Manpower Modifier and Mercanaries don't fit together. Replaceing it with Mercenary Maintenance fits better.

What mod is it?
Well, with that idea I wanted Bukhara to have more soldiers avaliable, either mercenaries or just regular

Well, with that idea I wanted Bukhara to have more soldiers avaliable, either mercenaries or just regular
But mercenaries don't go with Manpower Modifier. It should be Recruits from Astrakhan. Then that will make sense the way you have make.

But mercenaries don't go with Manpower Modifier. It should be Recruits from Astrakhan. Then that will make sense the way you have make.
It makes sense. I have eliminated the manpower and buffed the mercenaries avaliable

Oh, and I added descriptions for Tunisian ideas. Crimean ones soon

It makes sense. I have eliminated the manpower and buffed the mercenaries avaliable

Oh, and I added descriptions for Tunisian ideas. Crimean ones soon
That's good. With these ideas, Admin ideas would be great (This is not hating the ideas, I love them). Now I want to play Bukhara :p. Please add them Wiz!

That's good. With these ideas, Admin ideas would be great (This is not hating the ideas, I love them). Now I want to play Bukhara :p. Please add them Wiz!
Play Bukhara. It's really fun! :)

I like more flavor and ideas but if the ideas are weak then i'd rather remain a horde and westernize
Well, I thought the same as you, but I like the current state of the ideas.
The horde ideas are very military focused, and these ideas try to focus in other aspects of the state (trade, administration... ) I think that you would be still powerful with these ideas, just a bit less military and more administrative/ diplomatic, and there's no other horde that can choose like that.

Well, I thought the same as you, but I like the current state of the ideas.
The horde ideas are very military focused, and these ideas try to focus in other aspects of the state (trade, administration... ) I think that you would be still powerful with these ideas, just a bit less military and more administrative/ diplomatic, and there's no other horde that can choose like that.
I don't think it'd be a good idea given that you're in the center of all of asia and in the middle of many aggressive hordes just waiting to take a drink of your blood
perhaps a bit more of a buff for instance merging cavalry power and cost into 1 same idea would be nice, I never liked having the both of them seperate, they take a lot of idea space

I don't think it'd be a good idea given that you're in the center of all of asia and in the middle of many aggressive hordes just waiting to take a drink of your blood
perhaps a bit more of a buff for instance merging cavalry power and cost into 1 same idea would be nice, I never liked having the both of them seperate, they take a lot of idea space
That what he did before XD. But since Bukhara's government is a Iqta, it kinda doesn't make sense. I mean they weren't the most powerful country in the region and the hordes become outdated by the time you become Bukhara.

That what he did before XD. But since Bukhara's government is a Iqta, it kinda doesn't make sense. I mean they weren't the most powerful country in the region and the hordes become outdated by the time you become Bukhara.

This is what i'd do for the suggestion:
many edits, forgive me this seems correct to me
V

Bukharan Ideas

Traditions:

+2 tolerance of heretics

+20 caravan power

1. +1 yearly prestige

2. +15 cavalry power , -10 cavalry cost

3. +15% global trade power

4. +75 available mercenaries

5. -5% tech cost

6. -15% accepted culture threshold

7. -0.05 monthly autonomy reduction

Ambitions:

+5 discipline

Last edited:
This is what i'd do for the suggestion:
many edits, forgive me this seems correct to me
V

Bukharan Ideas

Traditions:

+2 tolerance of heretics

+20 caravan power

1. +1 yearly prestige

2. +15 cavalry power , -10 cavalry cost

3. +15% global trade power

4. +75 available mercenaries

5. -5% tech cost

6. -15% accepted culture threshold

7. -0.05 monthly autonomy reduction

Ambitions:

+5 discipline
But you removed the cavalry combat ability! That modifier fits the theme and helps Bukhara against the hordes and Persia/Timurids