• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
...a drawing of a serpent eating its own tail.

{{Wait... a serpent? As in a feathered serpent? THE XENOI ARE IN THE HOLY CITY! Lock up your women and children! Stockpile your goods! Lock the doors! Hide your hearts! The End Times are upon us!}}

Reactions:
BTW is there anyone who reads this AAR and would like to join the Senate? I've been thinking about adding 2-4 more seats. If you do, please let me know here or via PM.

{{If there are any free seats for the senate left then I would also like to join in. I've been following this AAR almost since it began in CK and have been thinking of joining for a while now. I was making a character for this session but was too busy in real life. Now I feel kind of bad for missing all the glorious madness that took place this session.}}

{{If there are any free seats for the senate left then I would also like to join in. I've been following this AAR almost since it began in CK and have been thinking of joining for a while now. I was making a character for this session but was too busy in real life. Now I feel kind of bad for missing all the glorious madness that took place this session.}}

{{ Great :) You will submit your characters after the next chapter is out but I would like you, @jakkoslovakk @Awesomematrix96 @Rascar Capac and @RedInc , to choose your House name and send it to me via e-mail. With this information I'll reserve 4 seats for you in the Senate. }}

{{
{{What does it say about our Senators that we woul rather harm our mother church than the jews in the empire? :D }}

And that is not even considering the fact that the church event is worse ingame than expulsion of the Jews }}

{{
{{

And that is not even considering the fact that the church event is worse ingame than expulsion of the Jews }}
{{The fact that it looks like neither will pass is what gets me. Czo told us that without the gold, bad things will happen, and yet we don't pass either. Perhaps Czo should use his Imperial Privilege to override one or both of the Senates choices}}

{{Well, my Senator would NEVER harm the Jews, his tutor and fatherly figure was a Jew, so roleplay defeats gameplay in this case}}

{{

{{The fact that it looks like neither will pass is what gets me. Czo told us that without the gold, bad things will happen, and yet we don't pass either. Perhaps Czo should use his Imperial Privilege to override one or both of the Senates choices}}

{{
What gets me is that the policy that was proposed by the last White Demes speaker and won the White Demes its current power last session (and will surely have an impact on the balance of power now) is only opposed by two White Demes senators, one of them the Demes speaker, the other the President of the Senate. Even the Blues vote in favour of Lex foveretur Production Commercia. Is this an anti-Serapis plot? Maybe the two major Houses of the White fear a Serapis return to power? Maybe they fear our Beer-Alliance with the Hohenzollerns? Or maybe it is the Dynatoi pulling their strings... :confused:
}}

Last edited:
{{
What gets me is that the policy that was proposed by the last White Demes speaker and won the White Demes its current power last session (and will surely have an impact on the balance of power now) is only opposed by two White Demes senators, one of them the Demes speaker, the other the President of the Senate. Even the Blues vote in favour of Lex foveretur Production Commercia. Is this an anti-Serapis plot? Maybe the two major Houses of the White fear a Serapis return to power? Maybe they fear our Beer-Alliance with the Hohenzollerns? Or maybe it is the Dynatoi pulling their strings... :confused:
}}

{{My thought was, that we can't enact to much policies since, you know, we still need Mana for other things. And the manpower is terribly needed if we do not disband armies.}}

{{Changing the National Focus is a 3 point swing anyways, and its not like we have a half dozen leaders draining our ADM power or something}}

Reactions:
Senator Leon Cortez (Blue Demes)

The emperor is god's regent on earth, and the church his greatest servant, they must provide for him in his time of need for the good of the imperium. If the holy church must give, so too must the infidels living within our borders. This is simple science of

BALLOTS
(1) Reform of the imperial administration (National Focus)
House Cortez votes AYE.
(2) Imperial Navy – mothballing all fleets (budget )
House Cortez votes AYE.
(3) Exarchates – raising tariffs (subjects)
House Cortez votes AYE.
(4) Expropriation of the Jews (decision)
House Cortez votes AYE.
(5) Enlisting privateers (decision)
House Cortez votes AYE.
(6) Seizure of lands of the Holy Church (decision)
House Cortez votes AYE.
(7) Provincial taxation system
House Cortez votes FOR the enactment of the policy.
(8) Lex foveretur Production Commercia
(9) The Naval School Act
House Cortez votes AGAINST the enactment of the policy.
(10) Streamlined Galley Production
House Cortez votes AGAINST the enactment of the policy.
(11) Lex Colombo (+15% Trade Efficiency, -10% Army Maintenance

OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Senator Leon Cortez STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

Senator Iskandar Ouranos (White Demes)

Saint Markos protect us, let this session be worthwhile...

BALLOTS
(1) Reform of the imperial administration (National Focus)
House Ouranos votes AYE.
(2) Imperial Navy – mothballing all fleets (budget )
House Ouranos votes AYE.
(3) Exarchates – raising tariffs (subjects)
House Ouranos votes AYE.
(4) Expropriation of the Jews (decision)
House Ouranos votes NAY.
(5) Enlisting privateers (decision)
House Ouranos votes AYE.
(6) Seizure of lands of the Holy Church (decision)
House Ouranos votes NAY.

(7) Provincial taxation system
House Ouranos votes FOR the enactment of the policy.
(8) Lex foveretur Production Commercia
House Ouranos votes AGAINST the enactment of the policy.
(9) The Naval School Act
(10) Streamlined Galley Production
(11) Lex Colombo (+15% Trade Efficiency, -10% Army Maintenance)
House Ouranos votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Senator Iskandar Ouranos STAYS IN the White Demes.

{{The old policy will not be that useful since production is kind of plagued right now (...). And having adm focus just to spend the points on policies did not seem like a good ingame idea to me - we need the stability more. I for one am puzzled why the policy is passed by all of you guys :p }}

{{Well when the Black Plague and Bankruptcy modifiers are finished, taxes and production may become a good source of gold}}

{{ I remind everyone that today at 9:30 PM a special "meeting" for White Demes begins. @ThetrueColt, since you were elected as White Speaker please make sure that everyone knows about this :)

Tomorrow at c. 9:00 PM there will be a special "meeting" for all three Faction Speakers. }}

{{because we needed the money to keep inflation down multiple sources will help to keep down inflation and provide money so why not? Also should'nt lex Colombo be dip mana?}}

{{Well, you heard the man. @McGrey @Serpent @Blogman66 should have read it by now. And I am sure @Enlil would never want to miss out on the fun ;)

About the special faction speaker meeting: Does it mean Decius will attend it or will "Lazarus" represent the white demes? }}

Reactions:
{{ Decius - he was elected after all. }}

{{I saw it, and will be attending :D}}