• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
fewCzTo.jpg

{{This just made my day.}}

Reactions:
President of the Senate Nikephoros Dalassenos:

Nikephoros listens to the insane spectacle in which the Senate turned into with his face covered by both his hands.

Senator Alexios Este-Ravenna (Red Demes):
"Before we begin, august President, I request that the Senate consider the disbarment of Senator Alexandros Mandromenos, on grounds of insanity and incompetence, with his seat to be taken by some other relative in the next session. I understand that this situation is... unprecedented, however, my faction feels it necessary for the health and benefit of our Faction and the Senate as a whole."[/I]
Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Blue Demes):
Aye, it seems like Senator Taurinos' proposal to... remove the Senator Alexandros from the Senate is... reasonable. I will support it.

The President doesn't react. How could it come to this? Don't they know what is at stake? Have they not seen the ruins of the City on their way to Magnaura?

Senator Honorius Scipion (Red Demes):
Guards, take senator Azizid under chains immediately as Senator Colombo has suggested!

Nikephoros lifts his head and looks at senator Scipion with weird expression. Has this little aristos just gave order to the guardsmen in presence of the President of the Senate? Has the whole world gone mad?

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Vice President of the Imperial Senate, Faction Speaker of the White Demes):
Using my authority as the vice president of the Imperial Senate and acting according to Article 40 of the Senatorial legislatorium I encourage the esteemed President Dalassenos to convene the Tribunal of the Senate to judge Senator di Capponi. He has to defend himself from the charges of blasphemy, conspiring with the enemy Pisa, worshipping dark gods, defying Saint Markos and the blessed Autokrator as well as high treason against the Imperium. What do you say, revered President?"

The question adressed to him finally caused Nikephoros to snap out of the shock.

- You have no authority here unless given by me, Vice President. Don't presume that only because-

Reverend Senator Dooley Azizid, Bishop of the Roman Far East (Blue Demes):
"Senator Arrius, he's referring to the Sophite Heretics. Also called the Angelolouds, or something along that line, they actually succeeded in locking down a province and keeping it plague free, and now everyone is worshipping them or God, or something. The terrifying part is that their leader, Sophia, is of the Angeloi Noyan! I have a personal axe to grind with them for taking my monk and dear brother, to their ways."

Nikephoros froze. The Mongol dares to scorn one of the Angeloi? Here, in the Sacred Palace, the very heart of the Imperium his kin tries to destroy since their arrival in Europe? He dares to speak about Sophia Angelos, the most delicate subject, in a dissmisive manner as if he was the Emperor himself? Face of the President turns red as he tries to control himself. This is what his ancestors bled and died for? Nikephoros remembered words his older brother had told him when he learned he became President. „A key to the Emperor's favorit circus”, he said. „Congratulations Nike, you will be the first among the monkeys!”. Nikephoros looked at the senators, screaming, spitting on the floor, runnig around and talking about dark spirits causing the Plague. Today his brother is a head of the House and he – he is still locked here.

Nikephoros felt as the rage pent-up for so many years started to surface. They were right, all of them – the commoners should have never been allowed to set foot in this hall. This was supposed to be the day of his triumph and instead... He clenched his fists. Enough is enough. It's time to teach these hoi polloi a lesson they will never forget.

He waved at one of the eunuchs, who quickly approached him, and whispers to his ear.

- Summon kentarchos Nokas.

Eunuchs bows his head and quickly walks toward the side entrance to Magnaura; the President rises from his seat, takes the Fasces from the hands of the surprised carrier and walk to the center of the Great Hall. Then he raises the Fasces and hits the floor with the iron ending three times before speaking.

- Silence. Silence! SILENCE I SAY!

The senators finally notice him and the room goes quiet. Nikephoros, still holding the Fasces, points at the senators with his left hand.

- Enough of this madness! His Imperial Majesty himself decided to honor you by ordering you to provide him with counsel and this is what you do? By behaing like barbarians, nay, like animals here, in the ancient hall of Magnaura?

Fuled with anger, Nikephoros hits the floor with Fasces one more time.

- Are you blind or just stupid? Have you not walked the burned streets of the City? Have you not lost your kin due to the Plague and war? Don't you realize what is at stake here?

Nikephoros points at ceiling, still smoke-black after the recent fire.

- This is future of the Imperium Romanum you are supposed to be discussing today! This is the task God's Regent on Earth has given you!

The side door to the Magnaura opens suddenly and kentarchos of the Imperial Senate Guard enters the room, accompanied by at least 20 guardmsen.

- You have brought dishonor to your Houses, you've brought dishonor to the Senate and worst of all you have failed the trust His Imperial Majesty put in you. Kentarchos!

Commander of the Senate Guard approaches Nikephoros, who points his finger at senator Mandromenos, then Azizid, Scipion and di Capponi.

- Seize them.

As the guardsmen pull out their swords and approach the senators, Nikephoros continues.

- You have turned this body into mockery of itself and thus you commited crime against His Imperial Majesty by whose order this session was convened. Therefore I sentence...

Nikephoros pauses. He looks as the members of the Guard capture senator Scipion, knocking him unconscious with a hit of a sword's hilt at his face, as they drag chained Mandromenos and punch di Capponi, as they grab the Mongol by his arms. No, not like this. The punishment must be swift. The President turns to the kentarchos.

- Take them out to the courtyard, all of them.

Kentarchos nods; as the guardsmen surround and forcefully push senators out of Magnaura through the main door, Nikephoros approaches Vice President.

- Follow me.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Senator Valerios Raoul (Blue Demes)

*Just as Valerios arrived, the President ordered the Senators to go to the courtyard. He shivers in fear, what have they done ?*

{{ I would not miss a little purge I think :p }}

Last edited:
{{ Oh fuck }}

{{ We're getting killed, aren't we..

I hope I can bite off the President's nose before I go down! }}

((Honorius is half session unconscious, half session slapping Mandromenos. His father would be so proud...))

Reactions:
{{ Oh fuck }}

{{ We're getting killed, aren't we..

I hope I can bite off the President's nose before I go down! }}

((This is how I imagine your Senator:

2008-12-17_IMG_2008-12-17_1229521068708_colombo.jpg
))

Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus (Vice President of the Imperial Senate, Faction Speaker of the White Demes):

"As you wish, honoured President. I shall accompany you."

*Decius rises and stands next to President Dalassenos, his face seemingly indifferent.*

{{Action time! :D}}

GXWfPT2.jpg

Source: byzantium1200.com

All senators walk out of Magnaura down the stairs to the courtyard. The trees which once gave shadow to all guests of the Great Hall now stand naked and burned. The grass is still covered by a thin layer of ash – members of the Red and White Demes notice that the columns of smoke above Konstantinoupolis, albeit much thinner, still stretch across the sky. Pushed away from the stairs, the senators gather around, each of them accompanied be one of the guardsmen. On the lowest step stand four senators - Mandromenos, Azizid, Scipion and di Capponi – gagged and with their arms twisted behind their backs by the members of the Guard.

Nikephoros arrives at the top of the stairs, with Vice President at his side. He looks down at the captured senators, thinking. The blasphemous Mongol is – God Almight knows how this is possible - a bishop; it would be mistake to antagonize the Holy Church. The same goes for di Capponi: not only a chorepiscopus but also from Italia, which is on the brink of open rebellion. Scipion however is from Aragon and Aragon is already lost. And Mandromenos, like every fool...

Nikephoros waves at kentarchos, summoning him.

…is alone.

With kentarchos at his side, Nikephoros rises the Fasces and speaks.

- You have commited unforgivable crime of blasphemy by disrespecting His Imperial Majesty and the Senate which, as God's Regent on Earth, he decided in his wisdom to convene. Kneel.

The guardsmen push four senators, who fall on their knees on the first step of the stairs, while the President points the Fasces at them.

- Senator Honorius Scipion, senator Alexandros Mandromenos. By the authority vested in me by sacred Emperor Theodoros I Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom I hereby denounce you as blasphemers and false Kristians, I strip you of all titles and honors - and sentence you to death. Kentarchos, give me your sword.

Nikephoros turns to the shocked Vice President and hands over Fasces to him. Kentarchos Nokas pulls out his sword from a ceremonial scabbard and kneels before Nikephoros. He takes the blad and slowly walks down the steps. The guardsmen push the sentenced senators from the stairs on the road and twist their arms, immobilizing them. President of the Senate approaches them and stops before senator Scipion. He then crosses himself and raises the sword.

- May God have mercy on your soul.

The blade falls down and in one clean cut head of Honorius Scipion comes off his body. Blood gushes from his headless torso as the guardmen let it go and it fall on the ground in the growing pool of blood. With his white silk robes with paludamentum cloak covered in red stains, Nikephoros steps over the corpse and stops before senator Mandromenos. He crosses himself and raises the sword.

- May God have mercy on your soul.

The head lands on the ground, splashing grey grass with blood. The guardsmen let go off the corpse, which falls to the left on head of senator Scipion. Nikephoros Dalassenos turns to the right and starts walking to the entrance of Magnaura, with blood dropping from the sword on the stairs as he passes di Capponi and Azizid. When he reaches top of the stairs, he turns around and looks down at the senators.

Last edited:
Senator Lazaros II. Melissenos (White Demes)

*Lazaros watches the 'spectacle' silently, his veil concealing his emotions. Still he winces shortly, as the heads of the two senators come of, blood gushing from the lifeless corpses. A retching noise comes from him, probably the first time, Lazaros has seen someone die this way. He slowly makes his way towards Senator Pylaeus and whispers to him.*

May god have mercy with us, for our president doesn't seem to have it, although I won't blame him.

*He stays silent for a moment before adding.*

Assuming we survive the next minutes, what can we do to bring the whole circus back on tracks, maybe even to the advantage of the Imperium?

Last edited:

Nikephoros arrives at the top of the stairs, with Vice President at his side. He looks down at the captured senators, thinking. The blasphemous Mongol is – God Almight knows how this is possible - a bishop; it would be mistake to antagonize the Holy Church. The same goes for di Capponi: not only a chorepiscopus but also from Italia, which is on the brink of open rebellion. Scipion however is from Aragon and Aragon is already lost. And Mandromenos, like every fool...

((Scipions are not from Aragon. Their hometown is Milano since they arrived to the Imperium and they are Castillians, exactly from North or central Hispania (I will decide in the future), no Aragonese))

Senator Nikephoros II Salamis:
*As the Senators Scipion and Mandromenos are beheaded, Nikephoros barely manages to stand still and not jump or scream. The sight of blood... he wasn't accustomed to it, leaving in a fortified mountain resort half of his short life. Well, at lease he is sane thanks to it. And with his head on his shoulders. He does his best to look at the scene approvingly, showing the president that he wasn't one of those mad rascals, and sighs in relief as Senator Azizid is spared.*

((Scipions are not from Aragon. Their hometown is Milano since they arrived to the Imperium and they are Castillians, exactly from North or central Hispania (I will decide in the future), no Aragonese))
{{ Dalassenos doesn't really pay attention to details liek this ;) }}

Reactions:
{{Czoklet do you approve of this insanity or are you just facepalming like a gm when his players have done something incredibly stupid?}}

{{This is awesome!! :D
Also, I like Dalassenos' character. It'll be interesting to see what happens with his ambition next.}}

Senator Valerios Raoul (the Blues) :

*Valerios is shocked at the demonstration. He thought that it would not come to this. God he should have stayed in the Chapel near the Port of Theodosius, maybe he could have avoided such fate. He begins to sweat and breathe heavily and he then faints as the President reaches the top of the stairs. It does not last long as the soldier behind him qickly put him back to his feet but he appears shaken and terrified to the rest of the assembly*

Senator Iskandar Ouranos:

*Iskandar, despite his age, is beaming with joy. Finally, after hours of mindless (literally) debate, after seeing first-hand the madness that had enraptured the new generation.. order finally returns. A slightly sour taste nonetheless when he sees that Capponi is left alive, the President must have use of the madman yet, which doesn't relieve Iskandar in the slightest.

The elderly man returns his attention to the Senate, his will to see it through and to make the best decisions for the Imperium returning with the execution.*

{{We can't really say we didn't deserve a purge, however small might it be. :3}}

Nikephoros stands at the top of a stairs for short a moment and then, with his eyes still fixed on the senators and blood dripping from the sword, he adresses kentarchos.

- Kentarchos Nokas. You shall assign two groups of five men to gather the remains of each senator and transport them to the seat of their Houses. Upon reaching their destination and delivering the bodies of the dead to their families, I want your men to confiscate all wealth of each House, all their belongings and slaves, all their fields and estates. Demand assistance of the local archon if needed.

Nikephoros continues while still looking at the senators.

- All able-bodied men from both Houses are to be conscripted into the Imperial Army effective immediately. Have the boys castrated, throw the women on the street. Kill all who resist.

Nikephoros hands over sword to the kentarchos without looking at him.

- Vice President, the Fasces.

Senator Iskandar Ouranos:

{{We can't really say we didn't deserve a purge, however small might it be. :3}}

((I was wishing to play the "mad senator" character at some point and I think this was the perfect timing: dark times, general madness in the senate, good in-character chancesand Emperor´s question which my character have not a strong position on nor I am quite sure on the best option of many of them from a player POV.

Besides this, I do not regret it. I have been laughing since yesterday imagining the situation :D:D:D

But from now I will play again serious characters. Senate cannot always be a joke:())