• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{

senator Bubba of the noble House AZIZID (played by: TurtleShroom)
  • senator Bubba of the noble House AZIZID (played by: TurtleShroom) – found NOT GUILTY; blinded
Additionally every Senator who engaged in trade of illegal goods had all of his assets confiscated.

What's next?

Wait, if Bubba was found non-guilty, why was he blinded? Was he blinded by burning his retinas by a hotplate (painless and same as staring at the sun), or were his eyes spooned out a la CK2?

(If I could guess, it's probably a racism issue. Bubba, in panic, swapped to babbling in his native language and the guards got tired of listening to a Mongol. Despite the opinions of the Emperor and his friends, they simply saw a Mongol in a ceremonial deel and wanted him put in his place.)

(Alternately, the soldiers couldn't stand looking at Bubba's slanted/Asian eyes any longer. It reminded them too much of the enemy and they simply generalized it onto him. Given the hatred for the appearence of Mongols, not to mention that Bubba is Egyptian dark skinned as well, maybe their racism got the best of them.)

}}

Last edited:
Wait, if Bubba was found non-guilty, why was he blinded? Was he blinded by burning his retinas by a hotplate (painless and same as staring at the sun), or were his eyes spooned out a la CK2?

(If I could guess, it's probably a racism issue. Bubba, in panic, swapped to babbling in his native language and the guards got tired of listening to a Mongol. Despite the opinions of the Emperor and his friends, they simply saw a Mongol in a ceremonial deel and wanted him put in his place.)

(Alternately, the soldiers couldn't stand looking at Bubba's slanted/Asian eyes any longer. It reminded them too much of the enemy and they simply generalized it onto him. Given the hatred for the appearence of Mongols, not to mention that Bubba is Egyptian dark skinned as well, maybe their racism got the best of them.)
{{Edit your statement to included these symbols {{}} when opening and closing a statement. Just to make sure that everyone knows you are out of character.}}

Reactions:
SENATOR ALEXIOS ESTE-RAVENNA

The Bavarians are openly rebellious, I agree it would be wise to bring them fully into the fold.

The Bavarians are openly rebellious, I agree it would be wise to bring them fully into the fold.
Senator Zeno Urbicus Mojmirid

Yes however the question, in my opinion is not should we bring them into the fold, but how. If it turns out to be true that the Teutonic Order is alive and well within our vassal state of Bavaria then bringing them in could be risky... unless. Let us say, just for theories sake, the Teutonic Order is still alive and well within Bavaria. Rather than trying to exterminate them, which clearly has not worked, what if we incorporate them as well? I know it may be heretical to think or speak of, but the logic is sound. Our forces are depleted, severely so. The influx of Bavarian troops and the Teutons would be a well deserved rest for our people. As for the Teutons loyalty, I think of Helen of Sparta. The kings of Greece all swore an oath that should any one of them be attacked by another, or Helen herself was taken, then all the kings within that oath would be duty and honor bound to help. A similar plan could be used to, and excuse my language for this, enslave the Teutons to our will. If the history books are to be believed, honor and oaths were the pillar of Teutonic society. However this is all just circumspect, we aren't even sure the Teutonic Order is still around.

Reactions:
Senator Donasien de la Lumiere

*Donasien looks at Alexandros and sighs.* Perhaps I should apologize for that. Or perhaps not. Only time will tell, and all that. But well met for now, Senator. If we are to be working together, I suppose I have to be cordial.

*He looks around the room, still chewing the apple.* As I understand it, we're discussing the Bavarians? And some sort of conspiracy by the Whites? *He shrugs, smiling slightly.* Perhaps I was mistaken, gentlemen, but I thought we were here to discuss matters of the army. I particularly thought that that was the reason why the Emperor summoned me to this beautiful city, away from my men. And as a member of the army I can tell you the same thing that any mud-faced and blood-stained recruit would tell you: that the matter of the army...is money.

I would like to raise this question specifically, if I may. *Donasien pauses to take a hefty bite of the apple. He still has not touched the food on the table.* How do we all feel about confiscating Church property to pay for the war effort? The war effort that, if I may add, is all that's separating every last Christian from having their beating hearts torn out by Xenoi savages by tomorrow morning?

Last edited:

*Donasien looks at Alexandros and sighs.* Perhaps I should apologize for that. Or perhaps not. Only time will tell, and all that. But well met for now, Senator. If we are to be working together, I suppose I have to be cordial.

*He looks around the room, still chewing the apple.* As I understand it, we're discussing the Bavarians? And some sort of conspiracy by the Whites? *He shrugs, smiling slightly.* Perhaps I was mistaken, gentlemen, but I thought we were here to discuss matters of the army. I particularly thought that that was the reason why the Emperor summoned me to this beautiful city, away from my men. And as a member of the army I can tell you the same thing that any mud-faced and blood-stained recruit would tell you: that the matter of the army...is money.

I would like to raise this question specifically, if I may. *Donasien pauses to take a hefty bite of the apple. He still has not touched the food on the table.* How do we all feel about confiscating Church property to pay for the war effort? The war effort that, if I may add, is all that's separating us from having our beating hearts torn out by Xenoi savages by tomorrow morning?

"Senator la Lumiere, I find your focus to be slightly lacking in proper direction. You mention money, yes we do need money, however that is the focus of the White and Blue dems, as for confiscation of church property and wealth. As much as I would like to see the opulence of the church brought down a few notches, I do not believe that confiscation of goods, which we taken from the people through donations, would be the best way to go about it. As for the Xenoi, they are hardly as big of a threat as the Sons of Timur. Yes the Xenoi constantly push the borders of our land, yes they have terrifying weaponry that mothers tell their children at night to scare them, but they are on the fringes of our empire. The Sons of Timur are literally at our door step. They have taken Antioch and nearly took Jerusalem. They have cut off our land route to Ageyptus and, I am fairly certain that they are the cause for the plague. I know for a fact that the Sons of Timur will often used dead and diseased corpses to infect cities and make it easier to conquer. It is not hard to believe that they could have launched a corpse ridden with the black death into our cities causing this sudden outburst of plague."

After finishing his little rant, Zeno picked up a piece of dried meat and began to chew on it slowly.

I would like to raise this question specifically, if I may. *Donasien pauses to take a hefty bite of the apple. He still has not touched the food on the table.* How do we all feel about confiscating Church property to pay for the war effort? The war effort that, if I may add, is all that's separating every last Christian from having their beating hearts torn out by Xenoi savages by tomorrow morning?

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

Two days ago, I would have opposed that suggestion and would have branded you a heretic. Now, I no longer desire to protect an institution that would support the traitorous Whites. Gut the Church, Gut the Jews, Tariff the Exarchates, mothball the fleet, and support the privateers to generate more gold for the army.

Two days ago, I would have opposed that suggestion and would have branded you a heretic. Now, I no longer desire to protect an institution that would support the traitorous Whites. Gut the Church, Gut the Jews, Tariff the Exarchates, mothball the fleet, and support the privateers to generate more gold for the army.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. *His smile is not quite so bitter.*

*He turns to Zeno.* Of course, Senator, the Xenoi were simply the particular strain of devil who have met my blade most recently. But the fact that the Timurids are pillaging their way across the east only proves my point. Everything we have ever known is very close to coming to a quick and bloody end, *he tosses the apple core into a shadowy corner with a flick of his wrist,* and either soon before or quickly after our world falls it'll be Goodnight Sweet Senator for every last one of us.

You say the issue of money is in the hands of Whites and Blues, and I will take your word because I am really quite ignorant of the politics of this Senate. But I say that we, as the soldiers of the Imperium, have more than a touch of responsibility to said Imperium to make sure that the army gets the money it needs. If the Whites and the Blues are against procuring that money, and I have a very strong feeling that at least some of them will be, I want to know whether or not I'll be alone when the shouting starts.

The financing of the army is a paramount concern for all the Empire. Was not the recent and longstanding debt crisis a major factor in the collapse of the eastern front?

I for one will stand with you, Senator de la Lumiere. We cannot afford to disband
any soldiers for mere account balancing, not with rebellions threatening the empire. And yet there is also an acute manpower shortage...
I think it is time to consider our faction's policy. If we were to empathize trimming the army down to the very core of veterans, we could free up labor for elsewhere, cut costs, and improve quality. I propose, as a policy, 15% land maintenance reduction and a 5% discipline bonus. Make no mistake, the army will be needed, and soon, to suppress the revolts, to cut it down now would be utter folly.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. *His smile is not quite so bitter.*

*He turns to Zeno.* Of course, Senator, the Xenoi were simply the particular strain of devil who have met my blade most recently. But the fact that the Timurids are pillaging their way across the east only proves my point. Everything we have ever known is very close to coming to a quick and bloody end, *he tosses the apple core into a shadowy corner with a flick of his wrist,* and either soon before or quickly after our world falls it'll be Goodnight Sweet Senator for every last one of us.

You say the issue of money is in the hands of Whites and Blues, and I will take your word because I am really quite ignorant of the politics of this Senate. But I say that we, as the soldiers of the Imperium, have more than a touch of responsibility to said Imperium to make sure that the army gets the money it needs. If the Whites and the Blues are against procuring that money, and I have a very strong feeling that at least some of them will be, I want to know whether or not I'll be alone when the shouting starts.

The financing of the army is a paramount concern for all the Empire. Was not the recent and longstanding debt crisis a major factor in the collapse of the eastern front?

I for one will stand with you, Senator de la Lumiere. We cannot afford to disband
any soldiers for mere account balancing, not with rebellions threatening the empire. And yet there is also an acute manpower shortage...
I think it is time to consider our faction's policy. If we were to empathize trimming the army down to the very core of veterans, we could free up labor for elsewhere, cut costs, and improve quality. I propose, as a policy, 15% land maintenance reduction and a 5% discipline bonus. Make no mistake, the army will be needed, and soon, to suppress the revolts, to cut it down now would be utter folly.

The Whites were determined to disband entire armies to balance the budget, they even dared laugh in my face when I proposed the same policy as you Senator Ravenna. The Militum Agerent Reformavit, the piece of legislation to save the Imperium. It is good to see that I am in the company of good proper Romans. Senator Lumiere, thank you for your kind words. In fact, I have a proposal that you may enjoy as much as my views. Currently, due to my service in Aragon and desire for only Roman Women, there is not a Lady Mandromenos. I noticed your sister was with you as you rode up. Is she unwed? I believe that there is an opportunity for an alliance between our families. You have mentioned that I am a merchant prince. I choose to not deny it, I supply provisions to the Army so it may function. With me supplies troops, and you leading them, we may lead the Imperium to victory over the rebels, traitors, and Xenoi. What say you Lumiere?

I thank you, Senator, and I will also stand with you--this sounds like a sound policy. This is what I came to the Queen of Cities to hear.

The Whites were determined to disband entire armies to balance the budget, they even dared laugh in my face when I proposed the same policy as you Senator Ravenna. The Militum Agerent Reformavit, the piece of legislation to save the Imperium. It is good to see that I am in the company of good proper Romans. Senator Lumiere, thank you for your kind words. In fact, I have a proposal that you may enjoy as much as my views. Currently, due to my service in Aragon and desire for only Roman Women, there is not a Lady Mandromenos. I noticed your sister was with you as you rode up. Is she unwed? I believe that there is an opportunity for an alliance between our families. You have mentioned that I am a merchant prince. I choose to not deny it, I supply provisions to the Army so it may function. With me supplies troops, and you leading them, we may lead the Imperium to victory over the rebels, traitors, and Xenoi. What say you Lumiere?

*He is nodding in agreement until his twin is mentioned. Within seconds the wry smile dies on Donasien's face, leaving a coldness sudden and eerie enough to make hairs stand on end.*
My sist-
*The words died a soft, quiet death in his throat. After a moment he composed himself, and some measure of warmth returned to his features.*
I enjoy your compliments, but we will not speak of this thing now. Forgive me, Senator, but we will not.

Leon Taurinus
*Having sat quietly watching the other senators and pleased to see the general agreement on supporting the army, stands to speak*
*Muffled as ever by his mask*
"It warms my heart to see that the Reds are so united in supporting the army. I have heard the reports from the north and I am certain the army of the Horde will soon descend once more upon the Imperium with renewed vigor, a threat we must be ready for. So too will the Sons of Timur and the Pisan scum attack us if they sense weakness in the Imperium.
If we can demonstrate that the Imperial army is indeed still a force to be reckoned with by crushing the rebels that plague our lands, then I am certain our enemies will think twice about attacking us.
I doubt we can trust the Blues, though perhaps we can find common cause with the Whites, for as I was told by my father, they are a faction that has often found common cause with us, so perhaps reason may yet win out over them.
As for the matter of the confiscation of wealth, I believe an assault on Church property would only contribute to disorder in the Imperium, something we can ill afford, and I would propose that we seek to persuade the Church officials to donate some of their wealth to the Emperor in this time of crisis, just as the Patriarch gave the noble Emperor Heraclius the wealth of the Church to defend the Imperium in a time of crisis similar to the one we face now, think of how much the Imperium would benefit if the Patriarch called upon the whole of the Church to support the army, rather than face the discord of ransacking churches and monasteries like the barbarians we are fighting against.

Perhaps we could issue a tax on the great merchant families of the Blues to support the war effort, after all, the Imperium has supported them for many years by pouring wealth into exploration, it is a crime that they can afford to sit comfortably and grow fat in their palaces while our soldiers are out in the fields starving, without even ammunition to fire their cannons."

Last edited:
Senator Harun Al-Askari

Fellow Senators, I believe that in our discussion we have overlooked the most pressing problem with the army: that of morale. Some of you have returned from distant Tagmata, others have surely seen the army. It is in dismal shape. The men barely have the organization to march to an fro, let alone fight, We can argue about cost reductions all that we want, but no matter how effectively we trim the army, it is nearly useless without some measure to boost morale.

{{Guys and girls, morale is at .5 right now, and will be for the better part of the decade. All the budget cuts and discipline boosts in the world can't keep one of our armies fighting a rebel army for more than a few days. Our troops are effectively useless at the moment. IIRC rebels base their morale off of our un-modified morale, so they will have 3 or 4 morale while we have just .5}}

Regarding army cuts: while in principle, I oppose cuts, in the interests of politics and the good of the realm I believe that they are necessary. I do not propose cutting any of the metropolitan units: instead, fellow senators, look at the map. We have nearly 30,000 men stationed in the newly created Exharchate of Africa, and to what end? It will take a large investment in transport ships to be able to return them to a front where they will be useful. Therefore, I propose that when the Blues and Whites propose army cuts in the main senate session, we initially refuse, but finally agree to cutting those regiments only in return for other concessions.

{{IIRC the African regiments can't walk back to our territory. It's better to just cut those regiments to help with the budget and appease other factions}}

Regarding Bavaria: I wholeheartedly disagree with proposals to integrate them further into the realm. Such an endeavor will take years, and utilize resources that we do not have, and that could be wasted if the Bavarians decide to rebel anyway. With Pisa and the Xenoi engaged in conflict they will be unable to support the independence of the Bavarians. I believe that a combination of state visits and other diplomatic efforts, plus gifts and bribes, will be able to placate the Bavarians long enough for the Imperium to recover and show the Bavarians the folly of their ways. Plus, if it has not hit yet, the Black Death will ravage them too, and their armies will probably be just as badly damaged as ours.

{{Because of bankruptcy, and our policies if we get in power, our diplomatic reputation is probably trash, and I don't even know if we even have the diplo points to spend on integration. It'll take years, and unless there's something that prevents vassals from rebelling if they are being integrated, we could lose the investment if they do rebel}}

Now, on to the specific things that will come up in the main Senate session:

1. Administration reform: while I am loath to grant this, I fear it needs to be done. To defy the Emperor on such a crucial matter is unwise.

2. Mothballing the fleet: I support this measure, aside from the privateers and other light ships that make us money. In fact, I suggest we go further, and entirely disband the heavy, expensive ships. They are not all that helpful in the Mediterranean, and at the moment any naval war we will fight will be limited to that sea.

3. Raising tariffs: I support this measure. Let them contribute further, they are entirely loyal at the moment

4. Stealing from the Jews: I cannot express enough my opposition to this measure. The Imperium lives and survives on the loans of Jewish merchants. The bankruptcy has already destroyed our credit, and nakedly stealing from the biggest bankers will only make it worse. If we want to take out a loan in the next two decades, this is the worst possible course of action. Furthermore, robbing the Jews is a very long term problem. They will go elsewhere: to Pisa, Poland, Bavaria, the Timurids, or even the horde and beyond. There our enemies will gain their financial expertise, while it will take decades for our economy to recover.

5. Enlisting privateers: yes, they bring back gold, silver, gems, slaves, and other valuables, and hurt our enemies at little risk to ourselves. They are the only part of our navy that pays for itself.

6. Seizure of the lands of the Holy Church: I reluctantly support this measure. Frankly, the Church has a great deal of wealth, too much in my view. Priests drink from golden chalices, wear gilded robes, and hold vast tracts of land. While the Imperium struggled and then fell into bankruptcy, the Church did nothing but continue to selfishly collect its own taxes, depriving the Aerium. We would not be the first to confiscate church property in times of crisis. If I remember correctly, Heraclius melted down Church treasures to fund a war during a time of great crisis: we must do the same. In the short term the priests must do with gilded circlets instead of those made of solid gold, but they will recover. Once we grow strong again men will continue to donate their fortunes to the church, or build new buildings, or endowments, etc

As for policies, I propose that we institute the Lex fovertur Production commercia to increase the aerium's revenue

A new policy would be the Military Resettlement Act. In an effort to repopulate areas devastated by war and the plague, soldiers will be granted land on the completion of their service, or it will go to their heir if they die before they complete their service. This will make recruitment easier and increase the men's morale

15% morale boost (15 points)
15% manpower boost (5 points)
{{not sure if I did the calculations right}}

{{@CzokletMuss is there any way, either in the vanilla game or through an event you create due to our policies, that we could end the bankruptcy modifier early, or just the military portion of it? That modifier is seriously crippling, especially the morale malus as I believe that rebels will have full morale. Rebels are hard enough to defeat normally, let alone when you are at a crippling morale disadvantage. With a big part of the empire on the verge of revolt it'll be IIRC 6 years until our armies can do anything, and that will let half of Italy and Egypt break away}}

Last edited:
Senator Nonamark Wedrovander:
*A small ship comes into a deserted quay on the south end of an looted and bloated mass of a city. It leaves swiftly as it came and slipping out again. Before long a small band of men come to the gates of the golden wall. 10 men, 4 large bruisers with half shields and swords, another 4 with a brace of pistols and a single musket each, and the last two are old men one is obviously a priest the other is a old man who is in a white robe smeared in black dust and with a patch of heraldry on his right arm. They dismount and the senator shooed all the men in the direction of the garrison. He comes in alone but only after a long walk.*

" Is this the gathering of true Romans in trust of the Imperium, loyal to god and the emperor in that order, and have no weakness for the Xenoi, Pisan, Heathen, or otherwise to exploit? If it is so that would we be strong in this the greatest hour of need of Roma once more.

I seek audience with you men for I have a plan that maybe useful. It may be not be accepted but I come not to rule but help in this dire time for again the Imperium is in peril. I also must speak with one Taurinus surnamed for we have much to discuss of the past and a proposal for the future in return of a debt we own."

*He then takes in the hall with its poor furnishings and the rations on the table.*

*He mutters to himself*"Oh if all could bring themselves to feast on simpleness how many less good Romanoi die."
"Senators I come this day not only to help this endeavor against money worshiping merchants, spineless priests, and blasted traitors to the Imperium. I come to see where my brother died and I come to see if there is even a single stone left unturned to see if I can find any more evidence of what was the cause. If one of you could fill me in on happenings here."
*A unnamed senator came and told him that which had been rumored and said since the beginning while he ate bread and cheese and straight garlic by the clove. The unnamed senator finishes and Nonamark gathers himself to speak*
"I must say that we maybe truly in peril as our armies are beyond shredded and invasion is on the horizon. That said I wish to begin my suggestion. It will not be pleasant senators. Concerning the army Harun is most correct about the morale, for it is nothing short of deserters and thieves that have lower morale compared to our poor troopers. Morale must increase but manpower is so crucial and yet we know nothing of it."

{{ May we please have manpower pool and reinforce rates please, also it would be nice if we also received information concerning how much it would cost to reinforce troops at this time.}}

"Furthermore we must keep our eyes on continuing the policy of Provincial taxation system. However Senator Harun I have one concern for your policy, for I believe that there is for the first time since the great heretic Columbo took charge to increase the amount of man power for the Imperial armies, a problem with the gathering of men for the army for none are coming. However this is moot point to discuss as though we have no great amount of control over the senate for at this time none of the other factions would even consider us leading them in the senate. Therefore considering good time calculations and we may have our day again in the Imperium. Now comes the radical point that I have been unfortunately been brought to conclusion that the continuing efforts of the white and blue coalition must either continue or be manipulated to continue their efforts for the good of the Imperium for the scare of the bankruptcy is nearly over and reports indicate that soon soldiers of the elite type will soon come pouring in.

{{Meaning the bankruptcy ends in 1562 late in the year therein not in 1563 that is when the black plague ends in some places. Also do 100% autonomy provinces secede from the Imperium?}}

"Brothers now be of good cheer for soon the armies of the Imperium will strike once more I simply wish that our hearts will be united in making the difficult decision of what troops to cut and who to save in the face of so much loss. I believe that we consider not cutting the Africa legions but instead cutting the Aragon and the near Bavaria troops and out of them some 8,000 cavalry, some 5,000 cannons, and some 8,000 infantry and much of the loss will be recuperated in a good fashion."

"I hope to be unified but, d'este I know that my brother's opinion of your house was not well thought of. I wish to speak with you personally and then you will have my full support."

{{ @bigseb31213 Italicize all out of context things quickly}}

Last edited:
On the topic of the Food, honestly in these trying times it is foolish to believe in shadows in the corner and whimsical tales of daemons. The only true daemons are men, and men alone."

{{Heresy! Seriously, doesn't anyone have any objections against that? Has the entire Red Demes fallen into heresy? What's next? Atheism?}}

*He is nodding in agreement until his twin is mentioned. Within seconds the wry smile dies on Donasien's face, leaving a coldness sudden and eerie enough to make hairs stand on end.*
My sist-
*The words died a soft, quiet death in his throat. After a moment he composed himself, and some measure of warmth returned to his features.*
I enjoy your compliments, but we will not speak of this thing now. Forgive me, Senator, but we will not.

{{Lannister twins?}}

--

{{This is fun to read. But I'm still waiting for di Capponi to come running in, cartwheeling gibbering around the room only to try to hide beneath Al-Askaris belly, making rude faces at Mandromenos. }}

Last edited:
Reactions:

{{Hey! I advocated massive military reform to crush the rebels! Its the rest of you who were content letting the Antártes rule the Empire! }}

{{This is fun to read. But I'm still waiting for di Capponi to come running in, cartwheeling gibbering around the room only to try to hide beneath Al-Askaris belly, making rude faces at Mandromenos. }}

{{ It very well could happen. We left the White Meeting at about the same time, and we would reach the Reds at similar times. :p }}

{{

}}
{{ Well he was interrogated - and the interrogators were more... enthusiastic than usual when it comes to people of Mongol origin.

So yeah, racism.}}

@CzokletMuss is there any way, either in the vanilla game or through an event you create due to our policies, that we could end the bankruptcy modifier early, or just the military portion of it? That modifier is seriously crippling, especially the morale malus as I believe that rebels will have full morale. Rebels are hard enough to defeat normally, let alone when you are at a crippling morale disadvantage. With a big part of the empire on the verge of revolt it'll be IIRC 6 years until our armies can do anything, and that will let half of Italy and Egypt break away
{{In vanilla it's impossible - mechanically bankruptcy event triggers a country modifier which lasts for certain amount of time. It's probably possible to mod an even which removes it early but to be honest I'm not sure how to do this. And even if I could this would be basically cheating.

Right now let's just assume that this modifier is here to stay. ;) And obviously if the budget is not balanced I expect the Imperium to bankrupt again by the end of the next year, thus triggering the bankruptcy modifier again for 10 years counting from 1561.

Also use brackets and italics or you will be banned from the Sixth Senate Session. :p}}

Senator Nonamark Wedrovander:
{{ May we please have manpower pool and reinforce rates please, also it would be nice if we also received information concerning how much it would cost to reinforce troops at this time.}}
{{Meaning the bankruptcy ends in 1562 late in the year therein not in 1563 that is when the black plague ends in some places. Also do 100% autonomy provinces secede from the Imperium?}}
{{Sure, here it is:

hRxL2KK.jpg

No but they are worthless (no income, no manpower) and very easy for the AI to take in a peace treaty.}}

{{Heresy! Seriously, doesn't anyone have any objections against that? Has the entire Red Demes fallen into heresy? What's next? Atheism?}}
{{ Red Demes: Pluralism and Jingoism confirmed ;) }}

Last edited:
Reactions:

I believe that there is an opportunity for an alliance between our families. You have mentioned that I am a merchant prince. I choose to not deny it, I supply provisions to the Army so it may function. With me supplies troops, and you leading them, we may lead the Imperium to victory over the rebels, traitors, and Xenoi. What say you Lumiere?
{{Imagine this- two lowly Aristoi families saving the Empire and solving all her problems though marriage :p
But really, this is fun to read! The amount of hate for the Blues is huge, we could bow and agree to the demands of every faction and still be distrusted and despised :D}}

Reactions:
Leon Taurinus

*Adjusting his mask for a clear view Leon peers at Wedrovander*
"Ah, hail noble senator Wedrovander, my father spoke very well of your brother and I regret your loss, I hope that we will one day uncover the source of that conspiracy, but at present our highest priority is ensuring the Imperium is able to survive.
You will have to forgive my attire"

Leon is wearing a long black robe, gloves and a mask leaving only his eyes exposed*

"in these days with plague running rampant through the city, necessity demands that I take precautions against the disease.
I have found senator Alexios to be most reasonable and a good senator of the Imperium and I hope we can present a unified demes at the senate."