• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was a needed system, so the change is appreciated. I don't think it's enough or that it will fix most of the grievences I had in the past with province naming, country naming, etc, but I'll have to give it a go before being able to critique this change constructively.

Great job with the regional stuff, I have to say that I really like the concept behind it and that you've done a good job executing it! (Even if Anatolia does look a little wonky...)

Reactions:
Will we be able rename our overseas areas? Such as Dutch Indonesia becoming VOC or something like that. Also, what will happen when I am France and my Egyptian provinces are connected to the homeland?

Last edited:
Reactions:
YES!

I always wanted to colonise all of Australia as Japan and have NEW SHIKOKU written over it properly... (although I wouldn't recommend doing the New Shikoku 8,800 Temple pilgrimage!)

Reactions:
This sounds great, the changes are cosmetic but very welcome.

BTW @Wiz, what is this?

AnjGR1C.jpg

New steppe horde equivalent to Legitimacy? :eek:
Apparently, Wiz is avoiding answering the major potential spoiler there. :p

Reactions:
Is there any plans for doing anything about this conflict that the "Common sense" dlc caused? I mean I'd like to buy the dlc and I'd like to know if anything will be changed.

This sounds great, the changes are cosmetic but very welcome.

BTW @Wiz, what is this?

AnjGR1C.jpg

New steppe horde equivalent to Legitimacy? :eek:

Wiz doesn't answer it because it is obvious: Those are your Big Achievements Locking Legitimacy Sky-high (BALLS). The bigger your BALLS value the more respect your fellow clansmen have of you. Less BALLS value and they might find it appriopriate to overthrow you.

Reactions:
Wouldn't a better name for "super-region" be "macroregion"? You know, like the macroregions in real life are called?

Also

It was up to 1920 :D
It was not. "Great Britain" is a name of the island, and a common, but not proper, name for country. The country is named "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Reactions:
  • Exclaves that are 2-4 provinces in size will display the country adjective followed by the Area name (For example, 'French Alexandria'). If the exclave is spread over several areas, the one with the most provinces is used.

These are great, but I would suggest that if the exclave is spread out over several areas the one with the most DEVELOPMENT be used. If France owns Alexandria and 2 provinces in the Libyan Desert it would still make more sense for it to be French Alexandria rather than French Libyan Desert. Just a thought.

Reactions:
Cheers for the DD and some nice polish on how the names on the maps are presented :). That said, I'm far more interested in the gameplay implications of a more rigorous regional system, and definitely hope they can (with cultures and religions maybe?) provide the foundation for some peacetime/internal empire management gameplay. Have been playing Vicky a bit lately, and even though there's not a huge amount to do in peacetime, it makes a huge difference to maintaining a consistent flow of interesting things to think about/make decisions on, as opposed to the 'plan - wait - war - wait - plan - wait - war' with some buildings/development thrown in that tends to be EU4's gameplay rhythm.