• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I got the events for Turkey and Syria now, but Arabia's still occupied. Which kinda sucks, I don't wanna do the derpy thing and release Hashemite Arabia as a Syndi nation.

Is there a list somewhere what nations have events there? I marched into Delhi by now and it looks like I'll have to hold on to that too.

I find that frustrating to. I often play National France and one of my strategy is to create a Pan Arabic Union as a powerful puppet.

Well one of the most likely ending with a possibility of Cold War would be Internationale Victory with Russia. It's a bit sad to see Russia stays there while they should launch their own war against the Commune or actually be seeked by the Entente.

Yeah, I think the best idea for a sequel would be a Syndie victory over Germany and a cold war between the Internationale and the Entente.

a Quebec Revolution

It would have to be a quiet one, though.

Just wanted to show you a thing I've done last year^^
http://qsec.deviantart.com/art/CSA-P-36A-Kaiserreich-494071516
csa_p_36a_kaiserreich_by_qsec-d865o0s.jpg

Reactions:
Very nice!

Well one of the most likely ending with a possibility of Cold War would be Internationale Victory with Russia. It's a bit sad to see Russia stays there while they should launch their own war against the Commune or actually be seeked by the Entente.

I don't know where I read it, but I recall something was being talked about a KR2 where Mitteleuropa won, but the Entente won back Britain, and the CSA won the ACW, and the Cold War is sort of an inverse of our Cold War, with America as the continental wide giant. Again, I don't know where I read it, and it was denied by the devs anyways, I think.

I think it would be more important to see a real second world war. Most games are just several regional wars but no global conflict.

Well see...that's the hard thing. The factors sweeping people into an alliance are hard to pin down. The Asian Syndical alliance is kept purposefully separate, for now, from the Internationale. Japan is a giant wildcard, it's not even known who wins the 2nd ACW or the Austrian CW, the Entente's very size varies massively from game to game, whether Turkey wins or loses is complete guesswork etc etc.

Just wanted to show you a thing I've done last year^^
http://qsec.deviantart.com/art/CSA-P-36A-Kaiserreich-494071516

It warms my heart ;_;

Well see...that's the hard thing. The factors sweeping people into an alliance are hard to pin down. The Asian Syndical alliance is kept purposefully separate, for now, from the Internationale. Japan is a giant wildcard, it's not even known who wins the 2nd ACW or the Austrian CW, the Entente's very size varies massively from game to game, whether Turkey wins or loses is complete guesswork etc etc.

I've only been playing the game for about a month, so you all have plenty more experience than I do, but in my games I've found out a few consistent patterns so far:
  • If Japan goes to war with Germany (which they tend to): Japan wins and Germany is pushed out of Asia.
  • In all my games, no matter how impossible it seems at the start USA wins the civil war.
  • Austria wins the civil war.
  • Russia stays out of the big war, tsarist or soviet makes no difference.
  • Syndies tend to win. Only seen France loose in my latest Mongolian game, and because neither Spain nor Italy backed them up while Austria did back up Germany.
  • If the Arabs fight the Ottomans, the Ottomans loose.
As I said its info from a smallish sample, say 7-8 games (some longer than others), but I just wanted to put it out there to see if it was consistent with everyone's experience or I was just getting weirdly consistent results :)

Reactions:
The US does appear to win the ACW a lot more than they used to: I think I've yet to see either a CSA or AUS victory in 1.6.

Well, from my experience,

* I've yet to see anyone but USA win the ACW in 1.6, before that, the 2nd runner up or outright winner seemed to be AUS
* Austria tends to lose the civil war
* Russia tends to go Imperial, Soviets never win the civil war, and seems 50/50 on losing Siberia if it rebels.
* Japan usually goes to war with Germany or China
* Internationale v Mitteleuropa victory seems to be 50/50, 60/40 depending on balance work from version to version. Right now seems 60/40 in favor of Mitteleuropa again.
* Ottomans lose
* Brazil goes gommie, usually wins over La Plata
* India winners seem to be 1st Delhi, 2nd Bharatiya, 3rd Princely
* Turkestan usually wins over Alash, but then loses to Russia
* China is always a damned toss up

Basically, RNG gods seem to vary machine to machine.

Reactions:
The Soviets aren't supposed to win the Civil War, I don't think. The Bolsheviks can get into power by other means. ;)

I've yet to see the 2nd russian civil war trigger and I've had cases of both syndicalist and soviet russia.

What about Republic?

Same, though they explicitly chose isolationist in that game. Incidently I was playing Mongolia so I pretty much won the jackpot! :D

I'll add my experience there :
- Civil War ends up nearly always in Federal victory, except that one time when everything hit the USA : Canada did not seize New England leading to the cSa doing good there; Mexico took the border states while the PSA triggered the Treaty of Sacramento. CSA won in the end. One time the real victor of the war but everything was really messed up because of Canada.
- India is tricky but Entente often wins there ... At the expense of the Second Weltkrieg which is locked between the Internationale and the Germans
- China and Japan are often broken but well it is a known issue
- Russia is really random, the only problem being they don't really take part in the war.
- Ottos lose
- turkestan wins against olash orda but are then often annexed by Russia
- Second weltkrieg depends a lot on circumstances but I'd say it's 60/40 for the Internationale

I'll lend my voice, this is just some general experience I've had:
1. RoC usually wins if they spawn, Germany doesn't usually intervene.
2. Japan almost always wins the Korean war.
3. Japan goes to war with Germany or demands territory, usually wins the war.
4. Russia stays out of the war.
5. Ottos lose.
6. Feds mostly win, but occasionally I'll see an upset. PSA has a 50-50 chance of surviving, but a relatively low chance of joining the Entente.
7. Delhi wins, never seen anyone else unite it yet.
8. For the Weltkrieg, I'd say its 60/40 in favor of ME. It's highly dependent on whether Ukraine goes Syndie or not, even if Austria joins Germany.

Kaiserreich Dev-Team Proudly Presents:

DarkestHour2011-04-0613-13-17-06.jpg

We, the Kaiserreich Team, are proud to present the most popular alternate history mod for Hearts of Iron II & Darkest Hour! Originally thought by Sarmatia in 2005 the mod has since developed into one of the most fun to play with, with hundreds of new events, new graphics, new countries (Freistaat Mittelafrika anyone?) and much, much more! Rewrite history (again) but this time in Darkest Hour!

For easy discussions, updates and information, Kaiserreich has its own Subforum - The Kaiserreich Forum

So onwards all and Contribute!

mockup4_zpsoocecpsc.png

########################################
Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg
A Mod for Darkest Hour 1.04RC1
Version 1.7
September 10th, 2015

########################################

__________________________________________________​

Main Mod Files:
Kaiserreich for Darkest Hour - 1.7 Version:

Please note that Kaiserreich 1.7 is not save game compatible with older versions.

Installation Instructions

1) Make sure your copy of Darkest Hour is patched to version 1.04RC1
2) Download the mod from any of the above links
3) Extract the .rar file to Darkest Hour\Mods - do NOT overwrite a copy of DH Full
4) By using the Darkest Hour launcher, select Kaiserreich in the bottom right drop down menu
5) Enjoy!

Optional Downloads:

Music options

Extract the files into \Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.7\music

Graphic Options

A Few Notes on Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg version 1.7

A Few Words on Bugs

Kaiserreich contains thousands of events made over the course of a decade. If you find a bug which has been reported but not fixed in the current version, it is not because the Kaiserreich team is out to get you, but more likely because we simply overlooked it. Please report it in as a detailed way as is possible and we'll do our best to fix it.

A Few Notes on the Tenth Anniversary

We are extremely grateful that we managed to keep our fanbase for ten whole years! Where we, the ever changing dev-team together with the fans filled the world
of Kaiserreich with content! It wouldn't have been possible to grow this huge without you! I personally would also like to thank the dev-team for their hard work!
Sometimes you just can't imagine how much time someone puts down into a hobby like this. Another team we would like to thank is the Darkest Hour team! The changes
it brought helped improve the mod! And even if we by this time next year might have moved on to Hearts of Iron 4 we will always look back to the great cooperation we had with you!
And for you fans, this is not a promise for a Hearts of Iron 4 version of Kaiserreich, just a "if".

And by the way, we have a surprise for you! Until recently there were only four avatars for Darkest Hour, but since Kaiserreich turns ten we managed to add six more, making that a total of ten Darkest Hour avatars! I won't tell you which we added, head over there and take a look! Enjoy! A special thanks to @Castellon and Paradox Interactive for helping us with the avatars! We are ever grateful!

If you feel that this version is a bit smaller in content compared to 1.6, don't worry. There are more content planned around the corner! So just stay with us!

We love you!

- The Kaiserreich Team​

__________________________________________________​

Changelog for Kaiserreich 1.7 (Note that it might not be the complete changelog, will be edited if that is the case)

Code:
KAISERREICH 1.7 CHANGELOG

[X] White Ruthenia is now a puppet of Germany at game start
[X] The tech component Cavalry Tactics now highlights when selecting a matching technology
[X] As the CSA, choosing Foster as HoS and appointing Eugene Dennis as HoG now actually puts him there 
[X] Fixed a bug with Georgia's AI switch 
[X] Brazil's leaders have been nerfed
[X] The Golden Gate Bridge is Complete event now only fires for the USA if it controls San Francisco
[X] Fixed a bug that prevented Germany's naval units in Singapore from moving
[X] Removed the Victory Point from province 383 #Mytilene
[X] Removed the Victory Point from province 1384 #Baoshan
[X] Fritz Kuhn and Lindberg removed from the US stratocracy cabinet
[X] ITA now only gets fortifications in provinces they actually control when following the isolationist path
[X] Office of Strategic Services event now doesn't refer to the Civil War
[X] If choosing to ally with Russia, Alash Orda now leaves its current alliance before hooking up with Russia
[X] Electing Gandhi in the 2nd Special Session now sets the sliders to an appropriate level (not Totalist)
[X] Fixed a couple of bugs with Delhi and the Princely Federation getting new tech-teams
[X] If the Arabs go to war with Persia over Mesopotamia after the Ottoman's defeat, they now cancel their non-aggression pacts
[X] If the Kaiserbund project is implemented the new colonial puppets should now get the correct HoS (Under German Administration)
[X] Fixed the Fading Sun event for Russia
[X] Removed the Saadabad-treaty war against Delhi over the North-western Frontier Provinces (already handled in the Delhi files)
[X] Henri Rol-Tanguy is now just Henri Tanguy
[X] Fixed an issue with Mongolian puppet Uighuria and the Soviet Union 
[X] Germany now gets the correct belligerence increase if it intervenes in the Austro-Hungarian Civil War
[X] Fixed a spelling error in Ethiopia's scenario description
[X] Fixed a spelling error in Ethiopia's starting event
[X] If Ethiopia joins Mitteleuropa and the Germans later fail and join the Entente, Ethiopia should now follow suit.
[X] The Second Internationale now checks if nations are leftists before granting relations boosts 
[X] The Death of Ronald Reagan event now only fires if the US Civil War has been triggered
[X] Fixed the spelling of tech-team Bayer AG Ostasien for the AOG
[X] Electing Curtis as the US now puts Charles F. Adams as Chief of the Navy instead of William Z. Foster
[X] The event for liberating Cuba now only fires if one doesn't claim/have a core on Havanna
[X] If the US and CAL go to war their non-aggression pact is now cancelled
[X] Fixed a bug with the death event of Sir Sikander Hayat Khan
[X] Fixed a bug with the death event of Pavel Milyukov
[X] Fixed a bug with Entente allies handing Burmese territories over to Delhi 
[X] Fixed a bug about the US annexing New England
[X] Fixed the Colt tech team's picture
[X] Fixed a bug that slept the wrong leader in the 'Death of General Franchet d'Esperey'
[X] Since Ukraine doesn't control Kursk, 4. 'Kurskaya' Strelk. Div has been renamed
[X] Choosing the capital event for Russia now refers to 'Petrograd' 
[X] The Tuvan Question event now doesn't fire if Kyzyl is already cored by Russia
[X] Fixed several bugs in the Russian Foreign policy events
[X] The Russian event Kyril Romanov is dead now cancels conflicting republican/presidential flags 
[X] Yamamoto Isoroku readded as naval leader for Japan
[X] The AOG now won't attack the legation cities whilst at war with any Chinese nation
[X] Event about Reunification of Germany for Prussia no longer requires Prussia to be not at war
[X] Removed claims for Luxembourg on Arlon and Liege in revolt.txt
[X] Fixed wrong event name from ´´Which English City will host the Spartakiade?´´ to ´´Which British City will host the Spartakiade?´´
[X] Fixed a bug with event ´´End of Helsinki Summer Olympics´´ which raised dissent for Finland instead of lowering it
[X] Fixed a bug with German Empire being defeated by Russia, than forced to settle matters with France by seceding territories to France but not provinces Longwy and Nancy, which resulted in weird borders
[X] Fixed bugs in event Fate of the Ukraine for nationalist Russia
[X] Islamistic Afghanistan will no longer enter alliance with Turkestan, if it is puppet of someone else and do not control Bukhara
[X] Restored missing picture of minsiter Malinovskij
[X] Removed victory point from Nuku'alofa (1749) in pacific ocean
[X] Decision Women's role in the army will no longer appear for ENG and FRA as they have their own unique events for this situation
[X] Fixed several bugs in Transamur events
[X] Fixed several bugs in Japan vs Russia battlescenario
[X] Fixed several bugs in Dissolution of USA event chain
[X] Replaced Sergej Vojcechovsky tech team for AUS, U24, U25 (as he is in Russia) with Jaroslav Eminger
[X] Events Indochina is in Full Rebellion will no longer end war with German Empire, if Indichina is puppet state
[X] Event Nicolai Bukharin dies will now appoint correct HoG
[X] Event Marshal Tukhachevsky was killed! will now remove him as tech team as well
[X] The Elections of 1944: MacArthur vs. Hull option b will now appoint correct HoG
[X] Fixed several bugs in Phalanstere event chain
[X] Corrected Nationalist French intervention in Spanish civil war
[X] Replaced Joseph Kennedy in TEX minsiter file with David I. Walsh
[X] Event The Qing have fallen will no longer fire if National China already exists
[X] Fixed various spelling bugs in Indonesian minister and leader file
[X] Fixed bug in event Fate of the Ukraine for fascist Russia which triggered wrong event
[X] Corrected all personal names in events for Serbia to their proper Serbian forms
[X] Fixed various bugs in Serbian event file
[X] Removed duplicite leader Cornile for Commune of France
[X] Event Long Establishes the Minute Men will no longer fire if he is HoS of USA
[X] Fixed non-functioning event about Revising the Polish-Romanian Border
[X] Event Integration of Bosna will no longer fire if Serbia has cores upon Bosna

Additions

[X] Mexico redone / by Straczynski and BZT
[X] Cleaned up and expanded on the Commune of France's event files

[X] Added a special trait for C.D. Howe
[X] Added a special trait for Nestor Makhno
[X] Added a special trait for Gandhi (Head of State and Minister of Security)
[X] Added a special trait for Ganga Singh

[X] Polished Canada's minister list 
[X] Added 1 new leader for Canada 
[X] Added a the possibility to elect the Progressive Party, if the Liberal-Progressive alliance collapses in 1936

[X] Added 10 new ministers for Canada
[X] Added 6 new ministers for Serbia
[X] Added 2 new ministers for Slovakia

[X] Added a chain for Austria to unite with the German Union (U31) if both are members of the International
[X] Added a chain for Poland to claim the Polish border strip if puppeted by France
[X] Added a chain for Denmark to claim Schleswig if puppeted by France
[X] Added an event for Germany to return its capital to Berlin if it manages to retake the homeland
[X] Sergei F. Oldenburg replaced with Pavel N. Malyantovich as starting HoMI for Russia
[X] Expanded upon Ireland's domestic events / by Ahearne 
[X] Expanded the unit names of the Danubian Federation / by Imperator 1993
[X] Added an event chain for Persia to accept/refuse Afghan refugees / by Yuriswe
[X] Added events for the liberation of the Ukraine
[X] Added a new starting cabinet/redid minister list for White Ruthenia / by Kornilov
[X] Added a new starting cabinet/redid minister list for Bosnia / by drug Mrgud
[X] Added a new starting cabinet/redid minister list for Croatia / by drug Mrgud
[X] Redid minister list for Montenegro / by drug Mrgud
[X] Redid minister list for Slovenia / by drug Mrgud
[X] Added new unit names for Italian Federation by Melkor89

[X] Added a newspaper header for Australasian Confederation
[X] Added 10 new capital icons / by Fazerov

[X] Redid Tibet's starting cores to match DH-full 

[X] Added scenario description and propaganda poster for Indonesia / by Fazerov 
[X] Added scenario description for Siberia / by Kornilov 
[X] Added scenario description for Yugoslavia / by Matej von Jakubèo 
[X] Reworked event chain about Slovak national council / by Matej von Jakubèo

[X] Tweaked the US AI to send more expeditionary troops to its allies
[X] Reworked event chain Fuel shortage for Iceland / by Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Added new event chain about unrests in Romandy / by Matej von Jakubèo, Captain Poplar, GP93
[X] Added new event chain about Fate of Western Flandern/Wallonia after France is defeated by Germany / by Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Added new event chain about Lease of Port Arthur to Russia / by Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Added new events about Fate of the South-Western China and Southern China / by Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Added new event about 100th Aniversary anniversary of The Battle of The Alamo / by Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Added new province pictures, unitnames / by Nightwing
[X] Added new flavour event for Canada / by Kavak
[X] Added Economic changes SD/ML for Delhi / by Milites
[X] Added 2 new tech teams for Canada / by Nightwing
[X] Added 4 new tech teams for USA / by Nightwing
[X] Added 17 new minister personalities from DH full
[X] Added new event chain for Danubian Federation and Austria-Hungary about reclaiming Transylvania from Romania / by Attalus and Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Added new event chain about Occupying Greenland for Canada / by Milites
[X] Added 3 new flavour event for German Empire / by Paul von Oberstein
[X] Added 2 new ministers for German Empire / by Paul von Oberstein
[X] Completely reworked tech teams for Indonesia / by Fazerov
[X] Added new flavour event about bride for Kaiser Otto / by Imperator1993
[X] Added 2 new flavour events for CSA / by Arcvalons
[X] Added new flavour event for Italian Federation / by Kavak
[X] Added new flavour event about finishing Hoover Dam / by Kavak
[X] Reworked election events for German Empire / by Imperator1993
[X] Added event about Syndicalists leaving to join uprising (Soviet revolution) / by Yuriswe
[X] Added new events for Ireland / by Ahearne
[X] Reworked event chain about Treaty with Ireland for Germany and Canada / by Ahearne
[X] Added 1957, 1962 air cavalry divion and brigade models / by Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Added 10 new ministers for Nepal, Delhi and 5 new minsiters for Bhartiya Commune / by Milites
[X] Added several new flavour events for Delhi and the BC, reworked elections for Delhi, reworked release of Nepal event, a chance for Delhi to create a customs union with her neighbours and many more..  / by Milites
[X] Added 1 new tech team for Union of Britain / by Ahearne
[X] Added 15 new ministers for Canada / by GP93
[X] Added 7 new ministers for Ireland / by Ahearne
[X] Added large ammount of domestic and foreign policy events for Ireland / by Ahearne
[X] Added large ammount of domestic and foreign policy events for Canada / by GP93
[X] Added events about fate of Japan, Taiwan and Tibet / by Matej von Jakubèo
[X] Completely reworked leader file for Serbia / by drug Mrgud
[X] Added 25 new ministers for Serbia / by drug Mrgud
[X] Added new election and domestic policy events for Serbia / by drug Mrgud
[X] Added new scenario description for Estonia / by Straczynski 
[X] Completely reworked minister file for Somalia / by Milites

Last edited:
Reactions:
Take a special note to the "A Few Notes on the Tenth Anniversary" part. :)

I did not expect that.... Happy 10th Anniversary KR! :)