• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks great!

It's just a little strange to see "Aztec Europe" and "Aztec Great Britain" on the same map. From your explanations, it is perfectly logic but I would advocate for an additional rule: "If you have a territory that applies the "Region" or "Super region" naming rule, then other smaller territories in the same Region or Super region should use the upgraded name".

So no "Aztec GB" and "Aztec Europe" but two "Aztec Europe". No "Aztec Seine", "Aztec France" and "Aztec Europe" but three "Aztec Europe".

Reactions:
Nice stuff, thanks for the update!

BTW: That changes some of the achievements. For example there are at least two where you have to "conquer Germany" which now includes Switzerland, "conquer the Russian Region" now excludes the horde area in the south and a lot of land in Lithuania, right?

Colored Wastelands
Finally, we have one last tidbit for you. Currently in EU4 there is a defines setting called COLOR_WASTELANDS that will make wasteland provinces appear the color of a country that completely surrounds them. In 1.14, we've made this a real graphics option (so it won't break ironman), and spruced it up quite a bit. If the setting is enabled (by default it will be on), controlling more than half the provinces adjoining a wasteland province will now both make that wasteland province your color, and allow your name to stretch over it, so that nice-looking Empire borders is no longer confined to parts of the map that don't have wastelands in the middle of them.
Finaaaaallllly!!! :)

Reactions:
A Dev Diary about enclaves? What brought about the change? I remember Wiz saying the game was not designed with enclaves in mind. Will we also get some other UI and gameplay changes that would promote making of enclaves, such as fabricating on a province that is not adjacent to any of our provinces?

Although this Dev Diary did not announce the expansion I expected, I still believe it will lead to it!

Also, love the wasteland change <3

I might be wrong but to me it looks like a burning house.

=> torch province?
Ooooh, nice catch. It might be the option to decrease development in an occupied province.

Reactions:
A Dev Diary about enclaves? What brought about the change? I remember Wiz saying the game was not designed with enclaves in mind. Will we also get some other UI and gameplay changes that would promote making of enclaves, such as fabricating on a province that is not adjacent to any of our provinces?

Although this Dev Diary did not announce the expansion I expected, I still believe it will lead to it!

Also, love the wasteland change <3

I was talking about isolated land areas without coast, not enclaves in general.

Reactions:
Yay!
But hey, did carpathia ever existed? Wouldn't Dacia be a better idea? :)

Reactions:
Love the idea, but what exactly is the idea when a province gets determined to be part of what area, region or superregion? I see some very dubious ones atm.

I was talking about isolated land areas without coast, not enclaves in general.

Wiz,I spotted that there is different icon for Golden Horde in place of Legitimacy. It is Legitimacy with fancy icon for Hordes, or is it brand new mechanic you don't want to talk about yet?

Shouldn't Värmland be a part of Götaland? It didn't become a part of Svealand until the 19th century.

Not all areas/regions are going to be entirely historically accurate, some provinces will be swapped around to keep them consistent in size and some areas will have names that don't fit the entire area because there isn't one.

Reactions:
Does this also mean, no more Floride in New England?
This feature looks great, I presume easy moddable?

Any news about the random new world?

Areas/regions/super-regions are fully moddable yes.

Reactions:
now that we have these areas, will you implement region decisions like the province decisions in eu3? It looks a nice trade off between too much micromanagement and "too little depth/too little to do in peace time"

Also, I would like to see change culture area wise, and not province wise. If I am planning a genocide I would expect that the unrest affect all the population of that ethnicity, and not just the single province

Reactions:
now that we have these areas, will you implement region decisions like the province decisions in eu3? It looks a nice trade off between too much micromanagement and "too little depth/too little to do in peace time"

Also, I would like to see change culture area wise, and not province wise. If I am planning a genocide I would expect that the unrest affect all the population of that ethnicity, and not just the single province

We don't have a plan for anything like this atm but there's definitely a lot of interesting things you could do with areas and regions.

Reactions:
Not all areas/regions are going to be entirely historically accurate, some provinces will be swapped around to keep them consistent in size and some areas will have names that don't fit the entire area because there isn't one.
So no dacia region? :(
And hey, what about a new diary that include cultures? I'd love that!

As an added tidbit, here's another graphical improvement coming in 1.14: Provinces with high development will now display little buildings showing you what kind of development is in the province. Each 5 tax/manpower/production (up to 20) displays a respective 3D building, so you can quickly see at a glance where, for example, your manpower is coming from.
pZz2zNL.png

Tax displays an administrative building, production displays a kiln, manpower displays a tent.

Reactions: