• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there space for new Senators? I don't want to cut in front of people just because of seniority. But I do have some interesting ideas for Senators born and raised in such dark times...
Sure there is, so far I've got c. 8 submissions so there are over 12 seats left :)

I think the Imperium has enough dead already, they don't need any more!

In any case, I'll start writing something up, but not before I go through all those juicy Senate debates first

Man is he in for a few surprises.

Reactions:
He sure is.

Almost small announcement - I've read several submissions and it seems that the 1000 characters limit per biography of Senator is kinda too small. Thus it's raised to 1500 characters.

Remember to read the new rules before sending your House and Senator to me, especially these ones are important:

GENERAL
  • In title of the e-mail you must include (1) your forum nickname (2) name of the House (3) Faction which your Senator joins or information that he doesn't join any Faction
  • Please use the terminology of this AAR: „Imperium” instead of "empire" or "Empire" etc. I reserve the right to suggest necessary changes in your applications in this aspect.
  • History of the noble House may be 500 characters long.
  • Biography of the Senator may be 1500 characters long.
  • All Senators die due to natural reasons at age of 85 years.
  • You may retire your Senator when he reaches the age of 65 years.

NOBLE HOUSE
  • Noble Houses of the players ARE quite wealthy and moderately influential (top 25% of the society)
  • Noble Houses of the players ARE NOT members of the dynatoi, the most powerful and wealthy Houses of the Imperium (top 1% of the society)
  • Noble Houses MAY have some small castles, villages together with fields and manors in cities.
  • Noble Houses MAY engage in trade, commerce and other economical activities within borders of the Imperium.

SENATOR
  • Senator MUST be male.
  • Senator MUST be Orthodox Christian.
  • Senator MUST be aristos (nobleman).
  • Senator MUST be at least 25 years old.
  • Senator MUST have some experience in service of the Imperium.
  • Senator MAY live in any province of the Imperium.
  • Senator MAY be of culture/nationality which exists in the Imperium (for example: Roman, Italian, Bavarian, Croatian, Aragonese, Polish etc.)
  • Senator MUST NOT be xenos, half-xenos or of mixed ancestry.
  • Senator MUST NOT be heathen (not-Christian).
  • Senator MUST NOT be of culture/nationality which doesn't exist within borders of the Imperium.

Reactions:
I already sent my new seantor.

Just in case you did not receive the e-mail...

I did and answered already :)

IMPORTANT

We have 3 Senators living, 4 approved and 5 more pending, so right now 12/24 seats in the Senate are taken.
If you want to join the interactive part of the AAR I advise submitting your character in the next day or two.

Reactions:
I did and answered already :)

IMPORTANT

We have 3 Senators living, 4 approved and 5 more pending, so right now 12/24 seats in the Senate are taken.
If you want to join the interactive part of the AAR I advise submitting your character in the next day or two.
I reread my application and then will send it ASAP

Where do I fit in the story of what happened to the house in the previous years? The Senator's biography?

The history of the House. If you can't do it in 500 characters don't worry, each House will get its own Google Doc available for everyone to read and the player to edit, so you'll have enough space to write there. Links will be available on the first page of the thread.

The history of the House. If you can't do it in 500 characters don't worry, each House will get its own Google Doc available for everyone to read and the player to edit, so you'll have enough space to write there. Links will be available on the first page of the thread.
Ok, I'll try to fit a short version of it in the character bio and focus on the Senator :)

I can't wait to see what senators all the terror of the last years has produced...

Is there a list anywhere of what cultures exist in the Imperium?
vhrpTyh.jpg

Also:

2uJwj8C.jpg

BTW this makes the total number of slaves to be at least 10% of the population.

Last edited:
Huh, so the senator bio character limit has been increased? Surely it wasn't little ol' me who influenced that decision?

(The first draft of my character bio was well over 3000 characters cause I didn't read the rules)

Also, I can't seem to find the Google Doc to upload our bios to, is it posted yet?

Last edited:
Huh, so the senator bio character limit has been increased? Surely it wasn't little ol' me who influenced that decision?

(The first draft of my character bio was well over 3000 characters cause I didn't read the rules)

I was arround 2500 too, so it was not just you.

There could be Pecheneg characters? Very, very interesting...
Berber, Pecheneg, and Croatian all would be interesting since I didn't even realize either of these three cultures had survived in this world.

Wouldn't it be fun if we had a senate where everyone played one of the small minorities and we didn't have any Greeks.

Berber, Pecheneg, and Croatian all would be interesting since I didn't even realize either of these three cultures had survived in this world.

Wouldn't it be fun if we had a senate where everyone played one of the small minorities and we didn't have any Greeks.

There are ten non-Greek cultures in the Imperium, but one of them is Aztec, which will never have a senator. I know we had a Mongol senator, but unless House Azizad is still active, that may have changed. We should have a few Italian senators, with a German and Egyptian in the mix, but the rest are likely to be marginalized and ignored, if we go by straight percentages plus racism.