• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Selling out my fellow Senators in exchange for money and power? I'm sold!

Couldn't agree more. I want the Imperium to eventually end up with God-Emperor level of devotion, so no Arrius is ever going to help traitors. Heretics to support the new faith, maybe, but never to overthrow the government. If we became a Republic, we'd be stealing Pisa's thunder. If we became a theocracy, the priests have no need for a Senate. A change in government would probably result in the Senators either losing power or being killed (be real, Czoklet had to see this scenario possibly happening and has already wrote out how the rebels we empower will kill the Senators because they have proven to not be loyal).

If you really want the Senate to have more power, the Augustus needs less restrictions from things outside the Senate (i.e. the Church). With more power gained, we could expect a similar boost in autonomy because we would be the reason more power was directly in Czoklet's hands. Who has more power: the people advising the Augustus or the people advising the living embodiment of God?

Reactions:
Couldn't agree more. I want the Imperium to eventually end up with God-Emperor level of devotion, so no Arrius is ever going to help traitors. Heretics to support the new faith, maybe, but never to overthrow the government. If we became a Republic, we'd be stealing Pisa's thunder. If we became a theocracy, the priests have no need for a Senate. A change in government would probably result in the Senators either losing power or being killed (be real, Czoklet had to see this scenario possibly happening and has already wrote out how the rebels we empower will kill the Senators because they have proven to not be loyal).

If you really want the Senate to have more power, the Augustus needs less restrictions from things outside the Senate (i.e. the Church). With more power gained, we could expect a similar boost in autonomy because we would be the reason more power was directly in Czoklet's hands. Who has more power: the people advising the Augustus or the people advising the living embodiment of God?
Yep, which is why we need to support the other claimant for the Imperial Throne.
My current Senator was pissed that Pisa was left alone. That may or may not decant into loyalty or rebellion, depending on how the senate meetings go.
As to ideas... well, an admin idea would be good in the sense of being useful (economy, or religion for the stability cost) but we need to boost stability asap so I think a military idea might be better. Quality or offensive would be important, seeing the lack of morale and manpower, a discipline+morale+combat ability boost would be essential to crush revolts or fend of inveders....

You won't be choosing new Idea Group this Session, we're not on the sufficiently high ADM level to unlock 4th group.

Yeah, like HELL we are sorry for them. The whites hold an absolute majority right now! We can do what we want (nothing) and how we want (no ic time). And while we're at it, Czoklet even left us a blue to make fun of. Surely these are the best times for the Imperium ever.

"So.... What do we do now?"
"Maybe pass some resolutions?"
"Who agrees the Blue Demes stinks to fish?"

Both whites vote "yes". One blue "no". The rest abstains ('cause they're dead). The pigeon vote "yes".

"Man I love the Senate on plague season"

Last edited:
Reactions:
BTW people, how many time has passed since the last Session ? 20 years no ? (just to be sure)
Its been from 1540 to 1560, so yeah 20 years, what a change I know right?

Also, on the topic of heresy: To support any other than the true emperor on the throne is not only treason but heresy. To have anything other than absolute faith in the Head of the Angeloi and the Imperium is the most vile of crimes and can only be corrected by the appropriate measure, purification by fire.

As for plotting. Notes in abstract vernacular that the Athanoi might not know could work. Or just speaking in the vernacular on the front that it is to make the new Senators feel welcome. And use code for sensitive topics.

Silly question but um...how bad is the plague in Constantinople right now?
I assume it must be marginally more under control right now otherwise we might have trouble with senators dying on the senate floor as they try to cast their vote.

Not to mention it might be hard to convince these guys to come flocking to the plague infested riot filled center of the world given how most of the senate was either killed by plague or killed by mobs.

Aside from the three elderly supermen who apparently treat the plague like a bad cold they'll be fine

Last edited:
This new religion can be argued is closer to the god emperor, created from the blessing of the god emperor, and is being preached from the god emperor's blood.

For if the Nile is the birthplace of humanity can Alexandria be but the true mother of cities?

What.

The.

Hell.

I've been away all fucking summer, and when I come back the Imperium is a diseased, heretical, beaten-up and bankrupt shithole.

Christoforo is rolling in his fucking grave so hard that he could generate enough power to light up all Europe.

Let's do a checklist, shall we?

Voyaging overseas, leading to unforseen dangers (aka plague)?: CHECK
Not cracking down harder on possible heresy and dissent, leading to reformation?: CHECK
Focusing on the damned navy and exploration instead of the Imperial army and finances?: CHECK

In addition, Senators are being allowed to debate the merits of HERESY???
In these modern times, Domenico would be given a fucking medal and a council position for doing what in his time got his ass kill.. heart-attacked.

WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO.
Personally I think Enlil is at fault, damn Pisans.

(I love it, was worried that when I came back the Imperium would have blobbed out of control... Czoklet is the biggest masochist on the planet apparently..)

Reactions:
But that's the best part about this new heresy: is it even a heresy? I know it is in game, but the Senators can't make decisions with meta knowledge. This is a world where we can be executed for wearing purple. Something tells me we aren't allowed to call the Augustus' cousin a heretic and order she be stopped. Obviously the issue will be discussed, but I'm not sure how the Senators can talk about it. Insulting a member of the royal family, even a distant relative, doesn't sound like a smart decision here.

What.

The.

Hell.

I've been away all fucking summer, and when I come back the Imperium is a diseased, heretical, beaten-up and bankrupt shithole.
0ed.jpg

Welcome back! The Imperium could use a Colombo right now ;)

Reactions:
The tides of Chaos are rising, to wash away the World.
If we indeed go full Warhammer I'm starting the Cult of Slaanesh. Orgies for everyone! :D

Reviving the antique Dionysus-Cult? Hell yeah!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Is there space for new Senators? I don't want to cut in front of people just because of seniority. But I do have some interesting ideas for Senators born and raised in such dark times...

Is there space for new Senators? I don't want to cut in front of people just because of seniority. But I do have some interesting ideas for Senators born and raised in such dark times...
Well the Colombos are still in the Diarum so you just have to aplly your new character

I support Colombo clawing his way out of the grave to reclaim his spot in the senate to battle heresy
48d31017d096a6c61016b3b39a1fcb05.jpg

Reactions:
I support Colombo clawing his way out of the grave to reclaim his spot in the senate to battle heresy
48d31017d096a6c61016b3b39a1fcb05.jpg

I think the Imperium has enough dead already, they don't need any more!

In any case, I'll start writing something up, but not before I go through all those juicy Senate debates first

Reactions: