• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chancellor's Plan: Yes
Reworked Power Concentration Act: Yes
Noble Diplomacy Act: Yes
Act of Union: Yes
National Focus: Admin

Arnau Masias de Banyoles, Count of Granada
[Landed Noble]

May I express my joy that, in my absence, my county and our other lands in the south have seen the light of Christendom. It is joyous indeed that the Andalusians are being integrated into his majesty's realm.

Last edited:
The old general still had most of his former energy. Vincenzo governed the county in his stead, while Luigi Castelozzi awaited combat. Age only provided experience. And the prospect of fighting the Turk, without de Agramunt's nefarious influence... And his chance of revenge against that damned archer... Of course he had to support his king's plan.

Chancellor's plan: Yes

The Reworked Power Concentration Act: No
As much as it displeases the von Thuns, there is no need to put these matters into legialative forms.

The Noble Diplomacy Act: No

The time has come to end the nominal difference between Aragon and Naples.

National Focus: Abstain

General Luigi Castelozzi, Count of Palermo
[landed noble, general]

Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

((@AvatarOfKhaine: I think limiting someone's abilities to getting into "special" roles isn't quite diverse, nor does it help getting more Courtiers. Those who desperately want to be a Diplomat will go Courtier, even if the rest of it isn't appealing to them RP-wise and those who don't want probably won't even have a chance because of the limited access. Think of it as you wish, but I think extending the possible Diplomats can't hurt all too bad.))

Chancellor's Plan:Yes
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: No
The Noble Diplomacy Act: Yes

~ de Loarre, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera
[landed noble, general]

((If you can re-add me as a general))

((Yep, already did that. I just assumed everyone wanted to be added back in, so all our generals are back. :)))

Stefano von Thun
Count of Zaragoza
Marshal of the Realm

((@AvatarOfKhaine: I think limiting someone's abilities to getting into "special" roles isn't quite diverse, nor does it help getting more Courtiers. Those who desperately want to be a Diplomat will go Courtier, even if the rest of it isn't appealing to them RP-wise and those who don't want probably won't even have a chance because of the limited access. Think of it as you wish, but I think extending the possible Diplomats can't hurt all too bad.))

((I do find it quite difficult to find the right balance between allowing player's the flexibility to try different roles while also making each class unique and interesting. Seeing as we only have one of three diplomats, obviously not a lot of people want to be diplomats.))

Your majesty,

I apologize for my absence from court, as a long illness kept me from doing more than managing my family's estates. I have had little time to understand the issues at court, and so must abstain from expressing an opinion on most. However, I must agree with the Reworked Power Concentration Act, as implementing new technologies throughout the kingdom too far before their time can be prohibitively costly. Better to send your energies where they can be more effective I must also agree with the act of union.

Long live the King!
-Andrés Iglesia y Maig y Niño

((
Chancellor's Plan: Abstain
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: Yes
The Noble Diplomacy Act: Abstain

Andrés Iglesia y Maig y Niño, landed noble
))

Last edited:
Your majesty,

I apologize for my absence from court, as a long illness kept me from doing more than managing my family's estates. I have had little time to understand the issues at court, and so must abstain from expressing an opinion on most. However, I must agree with the Reworked Power Concentration Act, as implementing new technologies throughout the kingdom too far before their time can be prohibitively costly. Better to send your energies where they can be more effective I must also agree with the act of union.

Long live the King!
-Andrés Iglesia y Maig y Niño

((
Chancellor's Plan: Abstain
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: Yes
The Noble Diplomacy Act: Abstain
National Focus: Admin/Diplo/Military/None/Abstain

Andrés Iglesia y Maig y Niño, landed noble
))

((What focus are you voting on? :p ))

Reactions:
Reactions:
Chancellors plan: Support
Reworked power concentration: No
The noble diplomancy: Support
Act of Union: Support

[landed noble, Steward to the Realm]

P.S @Andre Massena due to your religious nature currently in the game, and the fact that i already have a character to play as when Matthias passes on (Alexandre), if you don't have any other character plans already set, i am happy for you to use Juans character if you wish, seeing as the Cardinal seems to currently view him as a protegé, and Juan has been inspired by such a great man, he has said to his father.

Xs93UHA.png

I am glad to see that most of the court agrees with my plan as Chancellor. I am not surprised that the Act of Union received unanimous agreement. It is about time that Naples was recognized as officially part of Aragon. It also seems that some nobles at court would like to try their hands at diplomacy, which I do not object to.

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((The results of the vote are as follows:

Chancellor's Plan:
Passed (30/3/2)
The Reworked Power Concentration Act: Failed (13/20/2)
The Noble Diplomacy Act: Passed (20/9/6)
Act of Union: Passed (35/0/0)
National Focus: Admin (26/1/0/0/8)

I shall change the national focus and start integrating Naples when I start the next playthrough. Nobles can now serve as diplomats if they want. Preference will be given to unlanded nobles if there are multiple applicants.))

Reactions:
((As a long time member of the land waiting list as a noble, can I claim the County of Naples/ Napoli in advance? You said this was okay on the Coldfront but just confirming.))

((You have first dibs on any of the Neapolitan counties, so yes you can claim Napoli. You deserve it after waiting so long for one. :)))

It's been 10 years since Marcin was sent by the king of Aragon. 10 years spent on improving Henryk's image in the eyes of other Polish nobles. He though to himself "Why should I listen to someone on the other end of the world? I'm a Polish noble after all! I answer to no one! The king of Poland has to play by our rules, and why would some Iberian king care about me? I'm not going to work for him any more! It's time to spend the rest of my life with my family. Yes.... That's why I'm going to do! I'll just stop sending reports. Maybe they'll think something happened to me and just forget about me!"
And so Marcin Bażyński ended his career as an Aragonese diplomat, and decided to finally settle down.

((This character can be considered dead. So here is my next character))

Name: Maxime de Saint-Pierre
Date of birth: 1471
Class: Courtier
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Maxime is a man who seeks profits where he can. At the beginning he only traded inside France amassing a small fortune. He decided to run caravans between France and their good ally Aragon felling that Aragonese products might sell well. He is devoted catholic, placing religion at the second place, right after business.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ferran sat down at the desk in his chambers with a sigh. His bones ached, even though he hadn't quite reached his fiftieth birthday. Running a kingdom was weary work. No wonder his half-brother Alfons had been so cranky. There were times when he just wanted to shoo the entire court out of the palace to get some peace and quiet. The tasks of state were endless. The latest problem was their diplomat in Poland who had not been heard from in years. Ferran feared something had happened to the man, but it was difficult to acquire any information from so far away. Hopefully they would hear something in time. For now he would take a brief rest and let matters settle themselves. Perhaps he could arrange a trip to Cagliari at some point. He had not seen Giuseppe in some time. Being king left much less time for such pleasures.

As Ferran leaned back in his chair, he noticed a book on his desk that had not been there before. It looked like a bible, but Ferran knew that he did not possess a copy of such a text. Perhaps Helene had left it there, although he did not picture the Queen leaving him a bible, let alone reading one in her spare time. Ferran had forgiven her for her past transgressions and in exchange she had accepted his nature. The two had finally grown close, but it had taken Alfons's death to accomplish such a thing. They did not share a marital bed, except to fulfill their royal duties from time to time, but neither was upset about the fact. They were more best friends than a couple.

Shaking himself out of his thoughts, Ferran took a closer look at the book on his desk. Upon closer inspection, he realized it was not a bible at all. The book was made of plain black leather and embossed in gold on the cover was the title "The Book of Lucrezia". Ferran froze at the title, it bringing back memories from years ago. He had not thought about his kidnapping in some time and had tried to forget about it. At the time he had felt liberated, but such a feeling faded away as reality set in. Despite what these people who followed this Lucrezia thought, he could not be free about his nature. He'd get burned alive for it. It's not as though these Lucrezians had a noticeable presence yet. Despite that, he couldn't help but open the book and begin to read. A familiar portrait greeted him on the first page, sucking him in as it had the first time. Before he knew it, Ferran spent the rest of the day reading the Book of Lucrezia.

Reactions:
Maxime was on his way to Valencia, capital of the might Aragonse kingdom, and good friends of the French nation. He decided that the best trade would be in the most important city of Aragon. After he arrived in Valencia, he thought to himself that king Ferran II might be interested in some of his stock. It was worth a try. He entered the throne room, presented himself and began to offer his goods.

I have the best French wine from the north, and fine cheese from the south. I also sell other goods. I have many paintings to offer, I also sell books from various scholars. If we speak of paintings I thought I would bring few here.

Saint-Pierre orders his servants to bring in few paintings and one of them was:
182px-Quentin_Matsys_-_A_Grotesque_old_woman.jpg

So did anything catch your eye? I will gladly sell my goods to you, for a fair price of course.

Maxime was on his way to Valencia, capital of the might Aragonse kingdom, and good friends of the French nation. He decided that the best trade would be in the most important city of Aragon. After he arrived in Valencia, he thought to himself that king Ferran II might be interested in some of his stock. It was worth a try. He entered the throne room, presented himself and began to offer his goods.

I have the best French wine from the north, and fine cheese from the south. I also sell other goods. I have many paintings to offer, I also sell books from various scholars. If we speak of paintings I thought I would bring few here.

Saint-Pierre orders his servants to bring in few paintings and one of them was:
182px-Quentin_Matsys_-_A_Grotesque_old_woman.jpg

So did anything catch your eye? I will gladly sell my goods to you, for a fair price of course.

Xs93UHA.png

Yet another merchant coming before him peddling goods. Ferran was not in the mood for this today. He was ready to toss the man out on the street when a servant brought out a painting the King could not ignored. Ferran pointed to the painting of Lucrezia and asked, "Where did you find such a portrait? I must have it."

- His Majesty, Ferran II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

Xs93UHA.png
Yet another merchant coming before him peddling goods. Ferran was not in the mood for this today. He was ready to toss the man out on the street when a servant brought out a painting the King could not ignored. Ferran pointed to the painting of Lucrezia and asked, "Where did you find such a portrait? I must have it."

I bought it off some clergymen. But they seemed odd, they were hiding their faces under hoods and one of them had a weird marking on his arm. Something looking like two joined L's. But I'm surprised that this one caught your attention. I personally dislike that painting. It looks weird.... Anyway is there something else that you would wish to buy? Maxime asked grining

I bought it off some clergymen. But they seemed odd, they were hiding their faces under hoods and one of them had a weird marking on his arm. Something looking like two joined L's. But I'm surprised that this one caught your attention. I personally dislike that painting. It looks weird.... Anyway is there something else that you would wish to buy? Maxime asked grining

I shall buy that painting and nothing else. Have it shipped to my quarters immediately.

Without another word, Ferran signalled for his servant to pay the merchant and then left the room.

((I've been informed that I should start filling the ranks of the Royal Order of the Light, so I'll do just that. Let's just ignore the fact that the order is just for show and has no real power. :D))

Xs93UHA.png

It has come to my attention that the Royal Order of the Light is lacking members. That shall be rectified now. I present to you loyal members of my court who deserve recognition for their contributions either through military service or as a member of the Council who deserve membership amongst the Order. May their light overcome the darkness.

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Count Luigi Castelozzi
Count Sebastián de Loarre