• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the later start dates, some rulers in Persia are Turk, and some are Turkman. What is the differentiation?
Turkmen represent Persianized, sedentary Turks, while Turks represent the more nomadic ones.

Reactions:
Just a question regarding the mod's content:

Is there a comprehensive list of all merchant republics included in the mod? If there is one and I've missed it, my apologises, please direct me to one if possible. Thanks!

Is Karen supposed to start as Parsi? I thought non-Islamic Persians were supposed to be represented as Parsig.
that is correct. My fault which should be fixed.

Turkmen represent Persianized, sedentary Turks, while Turks represent the more nomadic ones.
Actually I think Turk is supposed to represent later Anatolian Turks. The Oghuz represents the wholly nomadic Turks.

Reactions:
Actually I think Turk is supposed to represent later Anatolian Turks. The Oghuz represents the wholly nomadic Turks.

That is indeed correct. I asked for clarification from Elvain when i started doing the setup for Anatolia and i needed a culture to put new and old Turkish characters in Anatolia under.

I used the Mongol invasions (1250) as a cut-off date for when the distinct Turkish culture starts appearing in Anatolia (it is Turkmen before this, like Persia and Central Asia). I think the Turks in Elvains eastern areas must be unchanged leftovers from Vanilla. He didn't get that far into the 12th Century with his work. But we'll get around to looking at it

Last edited:

That's what I would have thought, except that the Turk are in Iran and India, and only Turkmen in Anatolia.

I found in the events file that the altaic peoples coming into Iran become Turkmen with no reference to Turk. In the culture conversion events, Turk get bonuses and there is no reference to Turkmen.

My conclusion, perhaps erroneous, is that there's a hodgepodge of old and new stuff that hasn't quite been worked out yet.

Reactions:
Question: Has the Eastern Expansion been finished and integrated? I think it has, but I don't see the Syrians and Copts culture which was mentioned in one of the Dev Diaries.

Question: Has the Eastern Expansion been finished and integrated? I think it has, but I don't see the Syrians and Copts culture which was mentioned in one of the Dev Diaries.

From what I understand most of the dev diaries have been included in the current build however some of the later dev diaries were post-release dev diaries (An in the works dev diary for a future release of the build). So that may be why you are not seeing some of the dev diaries implemented in the current build.

From what I understand most of the dev diaries have been included in the current build however some of the later dev diaries were post-release dev diaries (An in the works dev diary for a future release of the build). So that may be why you are not seeing some of the dev diaries implemented in the current build.

That was indeed it. We were at one point sitting around waiting for EOOQE to finish compatching NBRT so that all modules were ready to be released. And while we were waiting, i started working on the release that we had planned for after the EE.

The Zun religion currently uses the same holy sites as Zoroastrian. Is that really intended, or ar the holy sites just placeholders for now?

I realize the Zunbils aren't a priority for a historical mod, but consider the gameplay argument - Zun is by far the toughest religion to reform right now, because all of the holy sites are on the wrong side of the imminent Seljuk invasion.
oSioTop.jpg

Do you think it would be worthwhile to add a Saxon-Norse hybrid culture in England?

IMHO, there should be a post Viking invasion melting pot, a lot of the names and aristocratic families in England in 1066 had significant ties to Denmark. Ideally, we'd have an original Anglo-Saxon culture, an Anglo-Danish culture and then English (Anglo-Norman).

Reactions:
Agreed. The 'Danelaw' existed throughout the Midlands for nearly two centuries, it's quite sad that the melting pot is missing still from SWMH. Much of what we've taken as being English we can owe to the Danes settling and mixing with the native Anglo-Saxons.

The Gall-Goídel and the Normans are both correctly represented in the British Isles, the Anglo-Danish culture is obviously absent in a large way.

IMHO, there should be a post Viking invasion melting pot, a lot of the names and aristocratic families in England in 1066 had significant ties to Denmark. Ideally, we'd have an original Anglo-Saxon culture, an Anglo-Danish culture and then English (Anglo-Norman).

Reactions: