• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've seen the mamaluks win a couple times against the Ottomans. Rare but not super rare. Savoy Ireland is neat though! I've seen Helvetia take Spanish territory, normally just Franche Comte though. Kleves taking 3 or 4 provinces in the Low Countries did make me laugh but the revolts ended that fast. :eek: Those revolts are god awful, I think 37 or 39% revolt risk!

Pah! None of you have anything quite as weird as Ayutthayan colonies in West Africa, the West Indies, and Manhattan(or was it Chesepeake?) and Dai Vietnamese colonies in the MidWest! Also Persian Ganges but that's not quite as strange...

I use Languish's AI mods so that kind of silliness doesn't happen. :p

I just had a new pretty weird thing happen. Russian Time of Troubles and the government falls spawning Novgorod, Ryazan, Astrakhan, Pskov, Sibir and T.O.! Many nations reborn! :D

I use 'em too, but still it happens.... Perhaps I just won't ever trade maps with them EVER AGAIN. :D

I've noticed this happen a few times, so the AI must know something I don't :wacko: :
Baden, completely landlocked, capital city province producing wine, builds a manufactory. What might it be; a brewery or a fine arts center? They build a naval equipments factory! What fools these mortals be!

-Pat

Maybe it's just cheaper than the others or something :confused:

Morpheus506 said:
Maybe it's just cheaper than the others or something :confused:
I know off hand that the fine arts center is the most expensive, and goods manufacturies cheapest. I forget if breweries match up with goods factories or make a 3-way tie with weapons and naval equipments factories.

-Pat Crowe

Sorry for bumping this 11 yo thread, but I found this quite deserved:

Turkey_Fall-to-Chile.JPG

IGC 2.3 default options. Quite long run for Turkish government, eh? :D

Do mods patrol this sub-forum? If so, in before them. :p

But bloody hell, man. I don't know why - maybe because sometime in the past I'd subscribed to this thread - but I got a notification when you posted that.

I would like to congratulate you on necromancy of a high order, and thank you for giving me an excuse to look over posts I made 14 years ago. It brought back memories.

But EU has progressed a bit since 2001. We're most of us playing some version of EU IV. :)

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Have fun!

Last edited:
Despite of recent forum upgrade with all buzz like broken links and screenshots, still a LOT of nice readings here! :)
But EU has progressed a bit since 2001. We're most of us playing some version of EU IV.
May be I will stick with EU2 or FtG. Strategy games in 3D just isn't my cup of tea.

N.

Last edited: