Release date, price and developer diary #1 for After Dark!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Appreciate all the feedback about the night time graphics! I'm relaying it all to our production team.

Thanks for giving us this info, TotallyMoo!

For those of us on Linux (I remember you mentioned Ubuntu being recommended) - were you able to talk to anyone about which flavor or type of Ubuntu is recommended? I figure that's going to be even more important with the new features coming in this awesome DLC!

Yeah, I'm not overly inspired by those night shots. Just seems like a lot of warm white. Needs a bit of colour.

18b31d96f17fbef4de9ca72fcab8852a.jpg

Appreciate all the feedback about the night time graphics! I'm relaying it all to our production team.

Now it should be posted elsewhere, but any chance you can implement a toggle/retoggle button for zoning. Some roads and places I don´t want or need zoning and want to toggle it off so it doesn´t hurt my eyes to see those empty tiles (yes, it´s a sickness I have ;-)) other times I just want them to add up differently, and as of now the only option is to delete and rebuilt road a couple of times until the squares add up better. Like trying to remove a single tile or add it to another set of tiles or have it concentrate on a specific road, like having priority so that when you want commercial zoning you can make that road prioritized so that it takes most tiles.

But mainly I want to not having to delete and recreate a lot of roads a lot of time. :)

Reactions:
The After Dark DLC is not even yet available for pre-purchase and download on 24th? Have to wait till 24th before we can purchase?

There is a preorder option on Paradox's site. Watch which card you use when preordering though - I tried to use one of my cards to preorder the expansion plus a Chirpy mug and my card was rejected twice even though I had 15x the amount of the preorder on the account (the financial service, NOT a direct bank immediately called and warned me and despite my permissions they wouldn't allow the transaction to complete). I used a directly-tied bank card and simply preordered the game (not the mug. CRAP!) and it went through immediately.

There is a preorder option on Paradox's site. Watch which card you use when preordering though - I tried to use one of my cards to preorder the expansion plus a Chirpy mug and my card was rejected twice even though I had 15x the amount of the preorder on the account (the financial service, NOT a direct bank immediately called and warned me and despite my permissions they wouldn't allow the transaction to complete). I used a directly-tied bank card and simply preordered the game (not the mug. CRAP!) and it went through immediately.

So if we pre-order from Paradox's site, my Steam account will automatically recognised I had made the purchase and will be available for me to download in 2 days' time when the DLC is officially released?

So if we pre-order from Paradox's site, my Steam account will automatically recognised I had made the purchase and will be available for me to download in 2 days' time when the DLC is officially released?
Not sure that's how pre-orders work on the Paradox Store. I think you just get emailed a Steam key on release day which you can them register on your Steam account.

In the case of this DLC I'm not sure why people are so manic for there to be an option to pre-Order.

Are they scared that they will run out of copies or that they will spend their money on something else before tomorrow? :)

Reactions: