• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BOOYAH! Can we get access to the potentials to build trade post holdings too?

Most likely no. It's complicated code not fitted to move to scripts. Plus there's probably a lot of code in the game the checks for "illegal" trade posts that would interfere anyway.

Damn, it would be nice to be able to enable inland trading republics independent of Trade Routes.

I guess the other question, is there any news on enabling Family Palaces for governments which are not merchant republics?

Update:

- Possible to construct buildings in forts

How do we accomplish this? I tried doing it the same as adding buildings to castles and cities, it looks as though I have everything set up correctly and it still refuses to let me build the buildings. They show in the building list but with black background only and no build buttons or anything else.

filedetails

How do we accomplish this? I tried doing it the same as adding buildings to castles and cities, it looks as though I have everything set up correctly and it still refuses to let me build the buildings. They show in the building list but with black background only and no build buttons or anything else.

filedetails
It won't be possible until next DLC, when the Captain's fixes are integrated.

Reactions:
Update:

- opinion_mother_child has been split into opinion_mother_child and opinion_mother_of_child
- opinion_father_of_child has been split into opinion_father_child and opinion_father_of_child
- opinion_uncle now works correctly

Reactions:
Oh ok...I was under the impression this changes were already in...just have to wait I guess
Some of them are in the 2.4.5 beta (when I wrote that, I wasn't expecting another 2.4 patch), the rest will have to wait for 2.5.

Update:

- any_playable_ruler now includes major revolters
- Added support for dynamic script flags

That last feature has been in EU4 for a while and here's how it works:

You append a script flag using @ and then a scope, like set_character_flag = some_flag_@ROOT. If the character has id 140 the saved flag will be some_flag_140. You can also use this in a trigger, like has_character_flag = is_friend_of_@FROM.

It works with character and province id as well as title tags (i.e. k_england).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Update:

You append a script flag using @ and then a scope, like set_character_flag = some_flag_@ROOT. If the character has id 140 the saved flag will be some_flag_140. You can also use this in a trigger, like has_character_trigger = is_friend_of_@FROM.

Very nice addition. Which are all the admisible scopes after @? I.e. do also THIS, PREV, FROMFROM, etc work with it?

Very nice addition. Which are all the admisible scopes after @? I.e. do also THIS, PREV, FROMFROM, etc work with it?

Yes, all the same scopes that can be used elsewhere in triggers/effects.

Update:

You append a script flag using @ and then a scope, like set_character_flag = some_flag_@ROOT. If the character has id 140 the saved flag will be some_flag_140. You can also use this in a trigger, like has_character_trigger = is_friend_of_@FROM.

This will be in with the next DLC's patch, right?

Edit:
And just to be sure, this allows us to set and check flags without needing to separately scope to the character or province or whatnot first, right?

Last edited:
You're still going to have to scope to the first party, and to the second party before that if not already in a RHS acceptable scope (ROOT, FROM etc.)

Reactions:
Wait now I see,

Gars, will we be getting more ways to restore the flags? like has_character_flag = flag1@root for instance?

Last edited:
Captain Gars there will be never the possibility to have Patricians as vassals of not Merchant Republics? It was possible before the possibility to mod government was introduced and now simply the dynasty palace is deleted after one day (and so the character gets Game Over).
Maybe you did these clean up because Patricians of destroyed Republics continued to exist as indipendent characters cluttering the characters DB but could you at least add a define so this could be enabled for mods?

Thank you.

And just to be sure, this allows us to set and check flags without needing to separately scope to the character or province or whatnot first, right?

It has nothing to do with how flags are checked or set. It only affects how you can compose the actual flag name, i.e. appending a dynamic part instead of just having "hard-scripted" names.

Reactions:
Wait now I see,

Gars, will we be getting more ways to restore the flags? like has_character_flag = flag1@root for instance?

That's exactly like in my example. Or do I misunderstand you?

Ah, I had thought it could be used to set a flag dynamically on one character and then reference that character via the flag on another character through an event.

Ah, I had thought it could be used to set a flag dynamically on one character and then reference that character via the flag on another character through an event.
The easiest way to accomplish that is with a zero-value opinion modifier. In a later event, you then have to search the possible characters for whoever has that modifier towards the character in question.

If this is what you mean:

The easiest way to accomplish that is with a zero-value opinion modifier. In a later event, you then have to search the possible characters for whoever has that modifier towards the character in question.

Then yes, you can do that (which is much nicer since you don't have to create additional opinion modifiers). Example:

Code:
# In start event
random_character = {
   set_character_flag = did_something_to_@ROOT
}

Code:
# In later event
random_character = {
   limit = {
     has_character_flag = did_something_to_@ROOT
   }
}