• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DIG is still one of my favorite mods, one of these oldies with an unique charm to it that one has the hardest time to get rid of (me don't want to!).

It's true that there are other mods out there, probably more complete and perhaps more enjoyable to most, but the issue remains that Paradox keeps selling it on Steam, included in packages with FTM and TFH that makes it unplayable (without an unofficial patch).

It shouldn't come as a surprise that people then come to these forums, wondering why they can't play a game/mod that they just paid money for.

Reactions:
I caught the HoI3 fever thanks to the Doppelgänger AAR and Benjamin Magnus's youtube lets play, so went and purchased the few bits and pieces I was missing from my HoI3 collection. And I must admit that I was kinda looking forward to playing Götterdämmerung (more events is always great), and am kinda bummed out that another official DLC breaks it. :(

On a completely offtopic note, did TFH break/change something about the unit images in their info view? Some of my german tanks now have a image of a russian T-28 rather than a correct one?

I would guess I got a pretty 'clean' version of HoI3, that being clean install with every (major) DLC up to and including TFH (steam version, so up to date patches too).

And considering Im a effing big noob at HoI3 I havent tried any non-official patches :)

(steam version, so up to date patches too).

:)
If you do try (I think you should) make a full copy in another directory/folder. The way it had to be updated steam may 'see' some of the file are not the latest steam versions and overwrite them. Also it protects your main install.

Another thing you could look into is much better is BlackICE mod.

You can see my 'Let's Play' series with the latest BlackICE first video Here and newest video Here.

Thanks alot for the info and all Gamer :)

Ive got DI:G working now and everything seems to be working, allthough I havent started an actual game the only issue Ive seen is some overlapping icons in the production screen.

Afaik Devildread had only contract to do SF version of the DLC and later patch for FTM was done pure voluntary by him for the fans.

You're right, Devildread and I were only hired to make DIG for SF. I did mess around with it several times, wanting to update it, but never had the time I'm affraid. That was only gfx wise though, Devildread managed most of the scripting, all the events, etc.

Reactions:
On the subject of the fate of DIG...

For those curious, here are some of the last unit pictures I worked on, wanting to completely redo the look of DIG (or possibly do a DIG 2), before I dropped it all together. They'd clearly been improved a lot since we did DIG. These pictures would have been infantry 1939, and infantry 1945. :) Compare with the released DIG graphics.

Ah, what could have been. Hehe. :)

1939_small.jpg
1945_small.jpg
guy.jpg

Attachments

• 1939_small.jpg
    1939_small.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 66
  • 1945_small.jpg
    1945_small.jpg
    110,9 KB · Views: 70
  • guy.jpg
    guy.jpg
    70,5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reactions:
Been playing this pretty much non-stop since I got it working and considering the few bugs I have are due to the fixes for TFH, this has to be some helluva dlc/mod :)

On a slightly different note, could someone explain to me what the point of "Russian Railways" under Operations is ? Right now I dont see why I would want to research something that gives me a 10% penalty to IC :p

Been playing this pretty much non-stop since I got it working and considering the few bugs I have are due to the fixes for TFH, this has to be some helluva dlc/mod :)

On a slightly different note, could someone explain to me what the point of "Russian Railways" under Operations is ? Right now I dont see why I would want to research something that gives me a 10% penalty to IC :p

It's been quite some time since I've played this DLC so forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that Railways tech improves supply throughput which might make a 10% IC hit an acceptable tradeoff if you find yourself having supply issues on the eastern front....if you don't then obviously not a good tech to research. ;)

It's been quite some time since I've played this DLC so forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that Railways tech improves supply throughput which might make a 10% IC hit an acceptable tradeoff if you find yourself having supply issues on the eastern front....if you don't then obviously not a good tech to research. ;)

That is what made me wonder, since tooltip for it only says it gives you -10% IC hit and nothing else :)

You're right, Devildread and I were only hired to make DIG for SF. I did mess around with it several times, wanting to update it, but never had the time I'm affraid. That was only gfx wise though, Devildread managed most of the scripting, all the events, etc.
Good to see that confirmed by one who actually worked on it.
IIRC some thought that it was just you guys who droped support.

On the subject of the fate of DIG...

For those curious, here are some of the last unit pictures I worked on, wanting to completely redo the look of DIG (or possibly do a DIG 2), before I dropped it all together. They'd clearly been improved a lot since we did DIG. These pictures would have been infantry 1939, and infantry 1945. :) Compare with the released DIG graphics.

Ah, what could have been. Hehe. :)

1939_small.jpg
1945_small.jpg
guy.jpg
Looks pretty good!
I hope all is well and you have an oppurtunity to do such nice gfx in other games.