• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes to the Chief of General Staff appointment.

-Friedrick Thiessen

I am opposed to the first two items. The third has my support.

I abstain on the matter of the Chief of General Staff.

~ G. A. Servatius van Kloetinge​

((I thought I didn't get a vote until the next election cycle? Or am I wrong?))

((That's only for new players to give them time to get caught up.))

((That's only for new players to give them time to get caught up.))
((Alrighty then.))
Maria, dressed in black,
Aye to Presidential term extension
Abstain
to Treason Act
Nay
to the Presidential Tenure and Election Bill
Abstains
to the Chief of General Staff appointment.

I, Commander of the Gendarmerie Otto Kant, hereby announce that we shall dispatching investigators to the following states for the purpose of investigating the assassination of Herr Victor -

1. Upper Silesia
2. Lower Silesia
3. Saxony
4. Anhalt
5. South Tirol
6. Franconia
7. Holland
8. Upper Bavaria ((It's not on the list in the OP, but we have players from Munich and in game Munich is Upper Bavaria.))

There is sufficient reason to investigate these states and we wish this is understood. I, like other Germans, want to see Herr Victor avenged and justice to be brought.

- Otto Kant, Commander of the Gendarmerie and Assemblyman from Berlin East

Reactions:
Well, I am reasonably certain nothing of note shall be found in the state of Saxony; for we are a patriotic peoples here.

I will ensure that the people of München cooperate fully with the Gendarmerie. We cannot let the one responsible for the death of Herr Victor get away with murder.

- Eva von Vandenburg

((It's not on the list in the OP, but we have players from Munich and in game Munich is Upper Bavaria.))

((Upper Bavaria is actually in the OP -- remember to look under "U" -- but I did cut off the list prematurely, missing about five states, which I've gone back and added.))

Balloting is now closed. All three pieces of legislation have failed. The proposal to extend the President's term by a single year passed in the assembly, 350 votes to 138, but failed in the Conclave, 40 votes to 57. The Treason Act failed in the Assembly, 136 votes to 288, but passed in the Conclave, 36 votes to 31. The Presidential Act failed in both houses, 138 votes to 350 and 25 votes to 71. The one item that did pass was the appointment of Karl Friedrich von Hohenzollern to the post of Chief of the General Staff, with 414 votes in favor to zero against.

As a result of this legislative failure, Herr von Schwaben's term will expire on 31 December 1887, and as part of our 1888 session of the Reichstag, we will elect a new President. The General Election of 1889 will still go on as scheduled.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((I'll play and update tonight.))

Field Report
To: Commander Kant

Commander,

We have not located any sign of the assassin in the areas you ordered us to search. We are awaiting further orders.

((@Qwerty7, you can do your next states -- you have nine to search now -- after the update.))

First of all, I would like to thank the Minister of War for appointing me to the illustrious post of Chief of the General Staff; I am truly honoured and humbled to be given such a great responsibility. Secondly, I call for a vote of no-confidence in the Meningen ministry. This government has sought to destroy Germany from within and to expand the power of the President far beyond his constitutional role. A government that seeks to impose tyranny on its citizens and promote sectionalism within the nation cannot be allowed to continue to govern.

~ K.F. von Hohenzollern, Chief of the General Staff

Eva von Vandenburg rolls her eyes.

Could we please go through at least one year without the government threatening to collapse or with a vote of no confidence being held? Maybe my father was right about a monarchy being best. It'd fix all this nonsense.

- Eva von Vandenburg

Reactions:
First of all, I would like to thank the Minister of War for appointing me to the illustrious post of Chief of the General Staff; I am truly honoured and humbled to be given such a great responsibility. Secondly, I call for a vote of no-confidence in the Meningen ministry. This government has sought to destroy Germany from within and to expand the power of the President far beyond his constitutional role. A government that seeks to impose tyranny on its citizens and promote sectionalism within the nation cannot be allowed to continue to govern.

~ K.F. von Hohenzollern, Chief of the General Staff

By the god of reason, will this foolishness never end!

This man receives a post from the government led by myself and then he immediately denounces the same government! This would be hilarious if it was not so sad.

-Chancellor Meningen