• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
do you have proof about this accusations or any links between the government and this traitors?have you authenticated the letter and how did they get the letter through your guards perhaps you should clean house first

senator smithereens

Reactions:
If you had attended the previous Senate session, you would have found that a traitor had been exposed while the Senate was in session. He confessed to working with the Cult.

If you had taken a closer look at the files I passed out, you would have found that the leader of the Cult sent me a letter proclaiming that there are twelve traitors within the Senate. Claiming that the Cult poses no threat to the Empire would be a very bad idea.

~Doukas

Reactions:
If you had attended the previous Senate session, you would have found that a traitor had been exposed while the Senate was in session. He confessed to working with the Cult.

If you had taken a closer look at the files I passed out, you would have found that the leader of the Cult sent me a letter proclaiming that there are twelve traitors within the Senate. Claiming that the Cult poses no threat to the Empire would be a very bad idea.

~Doukas

can you authenticate the letter and as for the exposed traitor are you sure its part of the cult or just confessed because it wants to start a witch hunt and destabilize the government making it hard to trust our fellow senators ?

senator smithereens

Reactions:
can you authenticate the letter and as for the exposed traitor are you sure its part of the cult or just confessed because it wants to start a witch hunt and destabilize the government making it hard to trust our fellow senators ?

senator smithereens
The letter is written in the Cyrillic script, with handwriting that has been identified to be that of the Cult leader. I am merely doing my duty for the Empire, and I want to get rid of these traitors as much as the rest of us do.
As for the traitor, upon an investigation of his house we found that he had been conducting human sacrifices, complete with an altar and a book on Slavic paganism. There were also letters from the Cult leader found, and they have been compared to the letter I have received. The handwritings are the same.

~Doukas

Reactions:
The letter is written in the Cyrillic script, with handwriting that has been identified to be that of the Cult leader. I am merely doing my duty for the Empire, and I want to get rid of these traitors as much as the rest of us do.
As for the traitor, upon an investigation of his house we found that he had been conducting human sacrifices, complete with an altar and a book on Slavic paganism. There were also letters from the Cult leader found, and they have been compared to the letter I have received. The handwritings are the same.

~Doukas

have you found any information on the traitor senator so we can remove them the longer we take to unmask them the harder it will be to remove them from their position and have you check if there any links between the cult and the royal family there might be some member there if they are so widespread as you said.

senator smithereens

Nelson_Rathbone_11.png

Reactions:
have you found any information on the traitor senator so we can remove them the longer we take to unmask them the harder it will be to remove them from their position and have you check if there any links between the cult and the royal family there might be some member there if they are so widespread as you said.

senator smithereens
I'm afraid that if you want more information on the traitor, you'll have to ask the Intelligence Division; I don't know what they have found and if I did I would not have the authority to tell you.
I am not sure about the royal family...an investigation shall be recommended to Her Imperial Highness at once.

~Doukas

((What movie did you get that picture from?))

Last edited:
Reactions:
head of the Intelligence Division
im writing in regard to the traitor who you recently apprehended in the senate im wondering have you found any links between the cult and the imperial family im worried they may attempt to seize power if a member of the family is willing to support them. i have my suspicions of someone in the imperial family because of his trips to Russia informer has tip me off that something happen on his trip but we are not sure exactly what here an image my informer manage to get to me before he disappear.

MV5BNDI1OTg3NTA5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzA2NDQ3._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

senator smithereens

Reactions:
im writing in regard to the traitor who you recently apprehended in the senate im wondering have you found any links between the cult and the imperial family im worried they may attempt to seize power im a member of the family is willing to support them i have my suspicions of someone because of his trips to Asia a uniformer has tip me off that something happen but we are not sure exactly what here an image my informer manage to get to me before he disappear.

senator smithereens
((The Cult is Russian in origin; the Asians are currently neutral in this situation.))

Reactions:

~Doukas
Whispers to Senator Doukas.

I know that being witness of such terrible events can change a man and I'm sorry I was in Riga and not in Constantinople back then, but you have to listen to me my friend. This letter is not a proof. Maybe one of Senators from other party wrote it to provoke you. You can't say such things in public. You do realize that you accused over half of the Senate of being traitors? You really want to make yourself enemies, after all those years of cooperation between Senators? Listen to my friendly advice and reconsider it.

(( I don't recall if we spoke about this before, but is Senate made only of our characters or are they little part of whole Senate? I think that this can cause some misunderstandings about what you had in mind saying that 12 Senators are traitors. In my opinion we should assume that forum characters are the only Senators in Senate and there is no one else in it. As for number of seats represented in-game compared to number of Senators we can assume that Senators form party with more in-game party seats have votes of higher importance than Senators of other parties. In my opinion it will be best solution to combine forum characters and in-game mechanics and Role Play of AAR. What do you think? ))

Reactions:

I know that being witness of such terrible events can change a man and I'm sorry I was in Riga and not in Constantinople back then, but you have to listen to me my friend. This letter is not a proof. Maybe one of Senators from other party wrote it to provoke you. You can't say such things in public. You do realize that you accused over half of the Senate of being traitors? You really want to make yourself enemies, after all those years of cooperation between Senators? Listen to my friendly advice and reconsider it.

(( I don't recall if we spoke about this before, but is Senate made only of our characters or are they little part of whole Senate? I think that this can cause some misunderstandings about what you had in mind saying that 12 Senators are traitors. In my opinion we should assume that forum characters are the only Senators in Senate and there is no one else in it. As for number of seats represented in-game compared to number of Senators we can assume that Senators form party with more in-game party seats have votes of higher importance than Senators of other parties. In my opinion it will be best solution to combine forum characters and in-game mechanics and Role Play of AAR. What do you think? ))

perhaps you are right but it comes from doukas if we cannot trust him who should we trust?

senator smithereens

Reactions:
(( I've always assumed that y'all are just the vocal senators, and that there are in fact many more. ))

((I always assumed that there were other NPC senators in the Senate, but your suggestion sounds great as well.))
Sir, my apologies. I did not mean to offend anybody. I was trying to do good in the name of the Empire. I shall retract my claims and instead send out copies to other senators so that they can decide for themselves the nature of the potential threat.

~Doukas

Reactions:
im writing in regard to the traitor who you recently apprehended in the senate im wondering have you found any links between the cult and the imperial family im worried they may attempt to seize power if a member of the family is willing to support them. i have my suspicions of someone in the imperial family because of his trips to Russia informer has tip me off that something happen on his trip but we are not sure exactly what here an image my informer manage to get to me before he disappear.

senator smithereens

anyone in the intelligence division get my report?

senator smithereens

Reactions:
((Intelligence division is NPC so you might not get a response,))

Reactions:
91. 1854-1860 - Senators Speak
Is there ever a time that the UTA is not at war with the Mexicans over this land or that land? It is frankly exhausting hearing about them and their repetitious efforts to conquer the continent.

I trust your judgment implicitly, Your Majesty. There is no need to consult the people when you always have their best interests at heart. It would only limit your ability to perform your duties.

- Senator Michelangelo "the Artist" Favero

It's good to hear that Your Majesty considered our suggestion of not involving Legions in UTA's wars, but I'm afraid that our reaction was to slow, as we can see, with Mexico having no armies, UTA is now capable of expanding into the rest of continent without our help. Let's just hope that they won't turn against us in the future.

Also, after recent events of terrorist attacks our citizens seem to want political reform, especially Free press, that would, in their opinion, ensure them thruthful informations about the state of Empire and the World. I suggest creating some sort of illusion, let non-state press function, but only after our approval, thus making sure that our citizens will be free from dangerous and radical ideologies. That should also satisfy their need of political reform, thus avoiding radical changes like elections.

- Senator Alexios Damaskinos

Elections...the very word reeks of the liberal menace!

-Senator Doukas

I see no harm in letting the people have greater control over the press, if we censor anything that could harm the Empire. It is surely better than the nonsense that is elections. We haven't needed them for centuries, so why start now?

- Senator Michelangelo "the Artist" Favero

Another glorious victory for the Imperium!

I believe we should consider terminating the alliance with the Tribes so we do not keep getting dragged into their endless wars.

Furthermore, I propose that we create a commission that would study the effects and viability of a press run by the populace. It may reduce discontentment from non-Greek peoples if they are allowed to express their grievances in print. However, the press should be carefully monitored, of course.

I would be curious to see how our statisticians in the Diplomatic Corps rank the Great Powers of the world.

- Mikael Moustakas

Nikephoros motions to a servant, who hands him a thick file with the double-headed eagle seal of the Imperial House Doukas and the letter “X” stamped on it.

I almost forgot, Her Imperial Highness has directed me to give a report regarding the details of major rebel activities since 1854, which have been gathered into this file. I shall refer to this file and all subsequent files as the “Chi Files.”

Servants hand out copies to the other senators.

You may be wondering…why am I tasked with documenting small and isolated rebellions? Well, the answer is that they’re not so isolated after all, as I found out personally.

When the first rebellion broke out in Athens, my house was burned down, with my wife and servants all brutally murdered and dismembered; the local tagmata managed to help me escape but could not return in time to save my wife or servants. Leading the mob of so-called reactionaries was a Slavic-looking man with an eye-patch, promising to bring down the Empress for her crimes against tradition. When I found my wife’s body, a sign was nailed into her head, with the following written in blood: “The Cult Remembers.

Yes – the Cult, the same one that almost killed the Empress, is behind this.

In the next few years, as rebellions broke out in France, Varna (nearly killing my son), Egypt, and Southern Hispania, with their ideologies ranging from Jacobin to reactionary, all of them shared a defining characteristic: a Slavic-looking man with an eye-patch led them and managed to escape the tagmatas sent to crush the rebellions every single time. We know this man as Iosef Ignatieff, the leader of a savage pagan cult practicing abominable human sacrifice to their Dark Gods and bent on the destruction of the Empire. He came very close to doing that in 1854.

A couple days ago, I found this letter in the mail. Let me close by reading it out to you:

To the Duke who is now a duke and the Doukas who is not emperor:

Your Empire’s efforts at crushing rebels are in vain. The Cult is many-headed. Sever one head, and two more shall take its place. Soon we shall succeed – the Empire shall fall, and Chernobog shall feast on humanity. It is even better if you die; my seers tell me that the death of the Duke and the Artist shall being about the death of the Empress and the House of Doukas, and they are never wrong. We’ve sent men to Venice to handle the Artist already.

As for you in your city of Constantinople? We don’t need to send anybody. We have men there right now, in the Senate itself. I can tell you, there are twelve worshippers of Chernobog among the ranks of your “loyal senators” as you read this.

Have fun.

Iosef Ignatieff

That’s all I have. Any questions?

~Senator Doukas

You are wrong senator Damaskinos. Give them an once of liberty and then they will ask for more. Let the reforms come when the Empire is ready. No need to listen to the demands of the rabble!

I wonder if this Polish-Lithuanian "union" will last. Often dual-sytems end up dismantled because there can be only one ruler in an ideal state. Do they claim Imperial or Ukrainian territory ?

Also I hope we'll get to know more about the wonders of Egypt. Such civilization needs to be understood better!

-Basileios Rellis

With no action, the people will grow restless. It is wrong to assume the people do not already want some form of change. There was a popular saying where I come from. "Sometimes, the hardest time to notice something is when it's most obvious". We can keep putting off change, and we can keep ignoring the populace. For how long though? A year? A decade? A century? Eventually the people will grow restless with no change. I am not in support of a rebellion or immediate change, but I do want these words to be heeded.

-Senator Kishiev

the status of our navy should be updated

senator smithereens

Has anybody bothered to read the files I passed it just now? May I remind you that there are twelve traitors within our ranks as we speak?

~Doukas

what files?

senator smithereens

do you have proof about this accusations or any links between the government and this traitors?have you authenticated the letter and how did they get the letter through your guards perhaps you should clean house first

senator smithereens

~Doukas

senator smithereens

~Doukas

senator smithereens

I'm afraid that if you want more information on the traitor, you'll have to ask the Intelligence Division; I don't know what they have found and if I did I would not have the authority to tell you.
I am not sure about the royal family...an investigation shall be recommended to Her Imperial Highness at once.

~Doukas

senator smithereens

perhaps you are right but it comes from doukas if we cannot trust him who should we trust?

senator smithereens

call the guard to protect the senate in the future

senator smithereens

Sir, my apologies. I did not mean to offend anybody. I was trying to do good in the name of the Empire. I shall retract my claims and instead send out copies to other senators so that they can decide for themselves the nature of the potential threat.

~Doukas

I apologize to my fellow senator for saying that there were traitors among us i suggest that we follow doukas example and make our own judgement before accusing anyone.

senator smithereens

anyone in the intelligence division get my report?

senator smithereens

Last edited:
91. 1854-1860 - Replies to the Senate
The wars between the UTA and Mexihco seem tiresome, but they make sense. Mexihco and the UTA both easily expanded among peoples similar to themselves, and eventually Mexihco also expanded into western America, which is sparsely settled and loosely-controlled. The UTA only contends for this area, not for the Mexihcan heartland. Nevertheless, it seems unnecessary to aid them in these wars.

With your suggestions, We believe that the state newspapers can be augmented with privately-run newspapers. Provided, of course, that these private newspapers are willing to allow for state oversight, to ensure they do not publish material harmful to the Empire.

As for Poland-Lithuania, We shall see how they fair. They claim no Imperial nor Ukrainian territory, and seem more focused on expansion in the Indochina peninsula.

Senator Smithereens, We agree regarding the navy. Once designs for better heavy ships are made, then We shall begin a mass building project for the navy, ensuring Imperial superiority.

We have no further information regarding the cult beyond what senator Doukas has been able to offer. We shall have Our agents continue to investigate.

But in happier news, We have borne yet another child, princess Veatriki. As well, princess Veronica has married Prince Frederick of Germany. We truly are blessed.

Do the Senators have any other questions or comments?