• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wzhang29

Haliaeetus maurocephalus
19 Badges
Nov 26, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hi!

Welcome to my Two Sicilies Italy Aragon AAR in Victoria II. I don't have that much to say though. :p

Goals:
Form Italy 1856
Revive the Aragonese Empire (Grab Cataluña and Sardegna, essentially; there will be more cores added later 1880
Restore Original Borders:

France, Spain, Portugal... (1910)
Shqip? (Albania?) 1872 (?)
The rest of the Balkans muhahaha (I forget :p)
Dacia (Romania)
Asia Minor (Turkey)
The Maghreb (Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, Libya, Mauritania)
(1915)
Ægyptus (Egypt) 1896
The Levantine countries (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine-Israel-Judah-whatever)
Iraq
North to the Rhine and the Danube (Netherlands, Belgium, Lux, Rhineland, Baden-Wurtemburg-Bavaria, Austria)
British Isles

Finish this thing (will do in 1936)

Table of Contents:

Sicilian Chapters
1836 - The Humble Beginnings of an Empire
1842 - Springtime of Nations
1850 - Avanti Italia!

Italian Chapters
1856 - Italians and Irredentism
1861 - What Garibaldi Dreamed of...
1865 - The Powder Keg of Europe (I)
1867 - The Powder Keg of Europe (II)
1872 - The Powder Keg of Europe (III)
1880 - The Dark Continent
1887 - The Victor Doctrine
1891 - Five Years of Nationalism
1896 Interim
1896 - Child of Rome, Arise!

Aragonese Chapters
1900 - Gallic Conquest (aka reducing France to an OPM)
1907 - The Fourth Roman Empire* **

Roman Chapters
1911 - The Greatest Enemy **
1914 - North vs. South (NOT THE US :p) **
1915 - On Cartography and Blobbing **

** No link yet
*** Not finished :p

Last edited:
Subscribed, though I think Aragon-Italy would be a better aim than just Aragonese Empire, with maybe some North African goodness before France gets there?

Regardless, best of luck and this should be good!

(I can't tell is this a more traditional AAR or a Polandball one, either is awesome.)

Reactions:
Subscribed, though I think Aragon-Italy would be a better aim than just Aragonese Empire, with maybe some North African goodness before France gets there?

Regardless, best of luck and this should be good!

(I can't tell is this a more traditional AAR or a Polandball one, either is awesome.)
Traditional. Italy can also reform Aragon, so that's how I will get Sardegna.
Subbed
Although you should have got Divergences if you wanted to play Aragon (this is totally not an advertising :p )

Subbed! And good luck :p Sardenga will definitely be a hard province to grab without all of Italy united under one banner
I like modding, so I will add custom-made decisions to change into Aragon and Castile. :p And Italy can form Aragon too :p

Without further ado, though...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JvatUhU.png

Welcome to the Two Sicilies. We are a secondary power in the world, but I aim to change that.

wwhV2j7.png

We immediately declare war on Algeria (so the Frenchies can't get to it >.<) for Setif (A common earlygame target). This is mainly to curb France's rapid expansion rate. (I bet Morocco will survive the whole game :p)

dojNcaL.png

We begin by rushing Prestige techs. Common strategy for Secondary Powers.

GAUdaLY.png

A census comes in 3 days later. Apparently we only have half of the people we are supposed to have :p

o40Y93c.png

**** this. France comes along. FOR THE SAME REGION.

upvGkIx.png

I dare you to watch the number of ships I have in my navy...

XrZ2WhT.png

...which almost doubles in the next shot. France, apparently, is losing badly against Algeria. I will NOT help the French though. >.<

qtSIC4g.png

We win our battle at Constantine and begin sieging...

Azaehqj.png

... 51 days later, Constantine capitulated.

tPu1QQx.png

It apparently was all I needed to gain half the country, so that's a plus.

aXuOrRp.png

In the east, the Oriental Crisis fires. Ottomans get their cores back in one war though.

LpWP0ft.png

We arrange a royal marriage with the Papal States (there is only one member of royalty there though :confused:)

hEeZTx8.png

Nope. That's not going to happen. (also the Ottomans are definitely screwed despite the alliance with Austria)

PPcZs6Q.png

GET OFF MY LAWN! DO YOUR BATTLING SOMEWHERE ELSE! :mad:

klxj6cB.png

The Papacy must have been really satisfied with their royal marriage, because they ally me.

IxAvF6h.png

The screenshot explains this.

yERXxl6.png

CjfTjsA.png

*gasp* How? That's the first time I've seen this event.

SETcEBe.png

Looks like rushing prestige techs worked, because we are now Great Power! (Or maybe Spain just lost most of their prestige)

What should happen next? :p

Take Catalonia from the weak Spaniards ?
They're still stronger than me. -_-
I'm only great power because of my prestige.

This, and maybe grab some more North Africa.

If you can sphere as many Italian minors as possible, maybe even SP itself as sucking up the conquest infamy never ends well.
Doing that already. Focusing more on Papacy, Parma, Modena and Toscana as SP is about to e sphered by France anyways (80.9 influence :eek:)

Wow, that didn't take long to become a great power. And suck it France! Algiers belongs to Two Sicilies! :D
Prestige rushing and high military score FTW. I'm also encouraging capitalists to improve my industry.

Algeria, no, all of North Africa (save for maybe Morocco if I'm unlucky enough for them not to get a rebellion) belongs to the Sicilians!

Considering how much the Two <s>Scillies</s> Sicilies are annoying me in my game ... i hope you fail ;) Joking aside, I wanna see this Aragon revival.

Last edited:
Two Scillies
You spelled my country's name wrong. It's Two Sicilies.
Joking aside, I wanna see this Aragon revival.
Well welcome.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Responses aside, I will now introduce the second chapter...

v9tOsSp.png

...where we begin with this. Right off the bat. Of course I send military aid, it's the least costly (in terms of militancy) option.

W4mIhIT.png

Modena then allies me. Over the course of this the Italian countries I am allies with continuously break and remake their alliances. IDK why.

VSKMz6m.png

OH MIER-- is right! We're dropping status! Code red! Código rojo!

dIbJEuk.png

...quickly resolved before our war with Algeria.

GXU51IW.png

Laghwat fell in a couple of days. I next target Constantine(ople? :p)

4PKsODy.png

...AUSTRIA! Can't you see I'm trying to unify Italy here?

cgpI7s0.png

To prevent militancy from rising too high, I pass reforms guaranteeing the right to vote...

QtDTtrF.png

...which makes this happen.

1kDAA6D.png

Constantine(ople?) falls on the same day as tech research concludes. Medicine, here I come!

0DFxlQe.png

I annex Algeria.

iiP7SSk.png

NO WAY. Austria asks me for an alliance. Well if it wants to stop me from unifying Italy, I'm going to say no.

ndbDdy1.png

Finally, that was irritating me.

fpyoT5J.png

LOL. Netherlands + Jacobins = weird. And also relatively deserving of a mere prestige whore. Wait... oh never mind, my military's pretty strong.

ulhrMxV.png

NO WAY AM I BACKING DOWN! This is MY sphere of influence.

y1bwhA6.png

...u w0t m8? Where does he border me even... oh right. Malta.

lhTWaXC.png

Papacy. There's at least one Italian state.

2xwm8Im.png

I dislodge Tuscany from the Austrian's sphere.

pRBWJb7.png

France asks for military access. I laugh at their insolence. Because there's troops of the enemy right nearby.

LtXtwRw.png

I make a bid for the world's fair. We don't get it, but we boycott the fair, which is being held in Corsica (insult to me. Corsica should be Italian.)

GrwpC6m.png

We take Tuscany under our fold next.

lxeIH8f.png

OH COME ON! I WAS SOOOO CLOSE TO DISLODGING MODENA! Ready the fleet and the army, it's time for war.

zY0rQJw.png

To recap... I have Sicilian Algeria. Nothing much in value unless I need to attack Turkish Libya or something.
I have other proposed attack routes set. Greece is not set to join so... yeah.

I think I have enough strength to take on Austria... do I?

Granting the people the right to vote? What nonsense is this! :p

War with Austria was inevitable if you wanted to unify Italy. I'm glad you got to Algeria before France at least. :)

Granting the people the right to vote? What nonsense is this! :p

War with Austria was inevitable if you wanted to unify Italy. I'm glad you got to Algeria before France at least. :)

You'll see. :p

Up Austria! :D

I like how you outdid the French in Algeria. How many brigades do you have compared to the Austrians? Either way, should be an interesting war on your hands.

Up Austria!

I like how you outdid the French in Algeria. How many brigades do you have compared to the Austrians? Either way, should be an interesting war on your hands.
I already played through.
Go for Tunisia next if you can, Carthago delenda est!

Also, looking good, hope you can continue this pattern of success!
Tunis is an Ottoman puppet at game start, so not happening any time soon.

8FVQwtT.png

The first battle of the war. Easy :/

prFZrI8.png

Bavaria fighting rebel insurgency for me in the background. In the front a joint Sicilian-Tuscan army marching on Lucca.

jj7YgHQ.png

Dubrovnik, the first province to fall.

etNtVFl.png

Modena came tumbling first. Modena was occupied in a matter of months.

WCT0fyf.png

White peace. :p

o2wbzQL.png

We try to take Modena and Parma in the same war. :p

NPN8e1F.png

Sardinia decides to join the fun and tries to take Lombardia. If they win that's one less war we have to fight.

ileylR5.png

Just passing through, Bavarians. Don't mind me.

w4idTXk.png

lcxPcKv.png

Those were dumb moves.

7gyEoU7.png

Llywysylgydls chi llychy (That was random key jamming for my frustration. Looks more like Welsh to me though)

QE3DGgC.png

Pincer first, followed by a march to Vienna.

1cFH900.png

The war ends... :) I got Venice, Modena, and Parma. :p
But the next day the Papal states get a rebellion. Llylsyleslyslawlyclch y cymraeg

x69mQbS.png

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

NObrA1n.png

That's something you don't see in a regular game. (Also Bukovnia is occupied by Hungarians seeking independence)

HOCAXfN.png

wzhang29 said:
Llywysylgydls chi llychy (That was random key jamming for my frustration. Looks more like Welsh to me though)

8DWmp8i.png

Note to self: always pick the option that takes away money instead of taking human lives and adding militancy

d6NAne6.png

Entre Rios survives their annexation war despite the odds being against them. :confused:

sNdnfQZ.png

Crimean War. Don't want the Russians angry, but I have to so as not to take the prestige hit.

UWknLMK.png

Monarchist France. Another oddity.

oyexN59.png

Austria-Hungary said:
Yeah, sure, I beat up your army and now I want an alliance for it.
Fat chance. (sarcasm emoji)

1ahoqA9.png

The tables have turned muhahaha

1u6cQqC.png

o_O

s2lmSGd.png

Romania almost never gets that big.
Hungary said:
Revise Trianon Treaty!

IBkGHrm.png

Royal Marriage produces an heir. o_O

hwj1nBS.png

State and Gov't finish researching, I now begin saving RP for Nationalism and Imperialism.

dd8rs2t.png

0 left. The next day Italy is born.

EjRd7TR.png

I still want some of Austria's land. Italia Irredenta!

c9O8FSJ.png

Italy still holds Savoie. They kill Cavour shortly after. :)

V0Os89b.png

A partition of Austria. I'm in, as long as I get Slovenia, Croatia and Styria.

5dK6mw8.png

Our majestic country at the end of this playing session. Next up, a second attack on Austria... (ignore that arrow pointing at Spain, for now...))

- - - - - - - - - -
For those of you still reading, my new OT Game is still in need for players. Link is in the signature.

Last edited: