• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An HK stack defines its tactics, as opposed to a siege stack which stays static on a holding, a Hunter-Killer stack roams around the enemy provinces looting and destroying small units [hunting and killing] before they band together to a size where they can threaten your own.

It's not necessarily huge, but you want to keep it on the move in case it has siege events happen to it. Successful HK is crucial in depleting a numerically superior enemy's levies so you can defeat them. Hope that helps.

Wrong thread ?

Never read of HK.

Wrong thread ?

Never read of HK.

Hunter/Killer stacks were referenced in a patch-note, and a definition is therefore warranted. The tactic is consistently used by players, and while not everyone uses the term, it's a useful shorthand.

Hunter-Killer [Hunter/Killer; HK] A mobile force for hunting and killing enemy levies, retinues and mercs before they can combine into stacks or gain morale sufficient to threaten your siege stacks.

Hunter/Killer stacks were referenced in a patch-note, and a definition is therefore warranted. The tactic is consistently used by players, and while not everyone uses the term, it's a useful shorthand.

Hunter-Killer [Hunter/Killer; HK] A mobile force for hunting and killing enemy levies, retinues and mercs before they can combine into stacks or gain morale sufficient to threaten your siege stacks.
Did some snooping and decided to include this (with minor alternations, of course)

DANT can into as much relevance as Polan can into space

There are two of these if I recall, one is in the FAQ subforum.

There are two of these if I recall, one is in the FAQ subforum.
ah, it is indeed there now that I checked. ^_^
rather pointlessly too, since it's not only thread-locked, but that subforum's contents are also practically invisible without a two-click option refresh @_@
(not to mention, most of the thread are 2-3 years old :D )

I don't know how to refresh it so that I can see it ; _ ;
Basically the same problem as in the CKI subforum, dunno how to access it decently

the "instructions" are in the the "What?" thread, but the gist is to click the Thread Display Options tab, then click the Set Options right next
odd thing is that it should be enabled by default really, since you're basically applying the "Default" options already anyway, but it's most definitely likely just a bug with the forums (one of the many subtle ones really)