• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I refer you to my bio

Just flavor, if it is confusing I will change it if you wish. I didn't say there was anything wrong with Attalus choosing Borgia as his family name, It's just TJDS refferanced Alfonso Borja, Bishop of Valencia in his bio and I was suggesting it was unlikely he existed in this world. Sorry for any confusion.))

((My bad then. I thought you were claiming a bishopric that doesn't exist in the iAAR, which confused me. :p Sorry for snapping at you. :oops: Speaking of that, I've decided to make some changes to how bishoprics work. Since we're severely limited in the number of bishoprics, and I have a feeling more people are going to want new provinces to be counties, I've decided to merge the two. From now on all provinces are counties, while a select few also serve as bishoprics. That means we can have a count of Pirineo and a bishop (or in this case cardinal) of Pirineo too. The one exception is Malta, which can only be held by a knight. I'm also considering implementing a system for ducal titles, but that's still a work in progress.))

We wish to inform the pious men Alejandro Sastre and Adriano Juan de Valencia that they have been granted the Bishoprics of Valencia and Tarragona respectively, with the blessings of the Pope. May they serve the kingdom of Aragon and his Holiness well.

- His Majesty, Joan II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples

((I've boosted the number of bishoprics now, so all the clergy have one. Bishoprics and counties can now occupy the same province.))

Last edited:
5WTecEg.png

To the Bishops of Valencia and Tarragona,
Congratulations on your well deserved ascension to your bishoprics. The Curia places its faith in you and entrusts the responsibility of continuing God's mission in Aragon to your persons.

May the Lord's favor shine upon you.

God bless,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

Last edited:

We have decided that we shall consult our court about how this war should be handled. We are unsure whether or not it is wise to settle a simple peace as soon as possible or to continue on until we can deal a crushing blow. We shall allow you all to vote on the matter. The Marshal may also prepare a plan for how to handle the war from now on, otherwise we will devise a plan ourselves.

1. Loss - End the war as soon as possible with offers of ducats if possible.
2. White Peace - Aragon will seek a white peace as soon as possible.
3. Close Victory - Keep fighting until we can claim the war goal Murcia and perhaps a bit more.
4. Total Victory - Fight until the bitter end to take whatever we can from Castile and cripple them.

His Majesty, Joan II de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples

((I'd prefer to get this over with as quickly as possible so I can keep playing while I don't have work, so the vote will last until 6pm PST on Monday, although I may extend it further if not enough people vote. If none of them is a clear majority, I may merge option 1 into 2 and option 4 into 3.

Edit: Please include your character name and class in your post, and bold your votes as well.))

Last edited:
Borgia_4.gif

It is in the interests of your Majesty to continue the war until we can secure at least a White Peace. I would have voted for a Close Victory if it weren't for the dire situation the Crown is fallen in.

-Jofré Llançol de Borja, count of Urgell

Last edited:
Your majesty. I offer my greatest condolences on the death of your brother. And I will leave open the offer of my hospitality, though I hope you will never find yourself in need of it, merely wanting it.

Given the dire state of the war, I would suggest we accept a loss, and then seek to rearm ourselves and strike again when Castile is weak. However, if Your Majesty thinks the strategies propounded by other members of the Court are viable, I will change my suggestion.

- Esteban Iglesia y Maig

While I see our situation, we definitely need to get at least what our purpose of war was - Murcia. Remember that the Castillians will soon get rid of the last moors in Europe, the Sultanate of Granada - if you can even talk of "Sultanate" - and will just be stronger next time we fight them. Thus, I vote to rise our weapons again and aim for a Close Victory, together with a reminder that this wasn't the last war between us and our archnemesis.

Joseph von Thun
Diplomat​

496px-External_Ornaments_of_a_Bishop.svg.png
Many thanks to His most gracious Majesty for his trust in me, and my congratulations to my fellow Bishop, Adriano. I will endeavour to repay the trust of my King and the curia to the utmost of my abilities.

I cannot in good faith accept the continuation of a war that will have harsh consequences for the people of Aragon. Unless our treasury is much healthier than I suspect I must advise a White Peace be reached with the Castillans.

Alejandro Sastre
Bishop of Valencia
[Landed Clergy]

((OOC: How old is Alfons? I mean the heir, not the dead one.))

5WTecEg.png

War plan: White Peace

It is my humble opinion that further fighting would result in the useless waste of Christian lives while the heathen Turk grows stronger around the Mediterranean. However, I am sure the Holy Ghost shall guide His Majesty and help him select the correct path for the kingdom.

~Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

[Clergy, Cardinal]

Your Majesty, I recommend that we fight until we can seize Murcia. We cannot afford to lose this war.

~de Leon

Many thanks to His most gracious Majesty for his trust in me, and my congratulations to my fellow Bishop, Adriano. I will endeavour to repay the trust of my King and the curia to the utmost of my abilities.

I cannot in good faith accept the continuation of a war that will have harsh consequences for the people of Aragon. Unless our treasury is much healthier than I suspect I must advise a White Peace be reached with the Castillans.

Alejandro Sastre
Bishop of Valencia
[Landed Clergy]

((OOC: How old is Alfons? I mean the heir, not the dead one.))

((The heir is 15, so no fear of a long regency if our new king dies.

Alfons V is rolling around in his fresh grave at all the white peace votes. :p))

((This is a narrative of my battles against the Castilians, and sorry I couldn't have posted this early, I've been playing Basketball all day. I just got ahold of my phone.))

I'm used to the constant rocking of the ships by know sitting on the ships. Our spies have assured us there is an enemy fleet over the horizon. I can see the glourious city of Barcelona over in the homeland, but I kept my eyes on the horizon. Then I saw a mast appear. As it came closer I noticed it flew the Castillan flag.
I yelled to my crew, "Raise the sail, full speed ahead!"
The galleys were getting ready to ram and I was on our flagship surrounded by galleys. When the Castilians saw us they attempted to run but we're not able to turn around as they were hit by our guns. Our crew stayed professional even when the ships were hit by cannonball after cannon ball, the fires of our ships were put away by our cabin boys. The Castilians were floundering having many of their ships being flooded by water. They had there ships sink by the hour, it was over by midnight.

~Leonardo de Abruzzi, Admiral of our Grand Armada

Last edited:
Reactions:
I don't know the horrors of the battlefield in Iberia, but there have been many gruesome moments on our ships, but I believe we can win, but we need the support of all in the realm. I vote Murcia, I do not believe our great leader Alfons V should be in vain and we should finish what he started.
To Victory or to the grave! Who's with me?

~Leonardo de Abruzzi, the Admiral of our Great Armada

Military Provision Act
In view of His Majesties lack of acquaintance with the ways of war I would like to propose that the council be given special powers relating to, and pay all due attention to matters of war.

In such trying times it is vital that we have a modern and efficient military. I am informed by those more knowledgeable in such matters than myself that military advancements are happening at a faster rate than at any time in history. Aragon cannot afford to be left behind.

- Bishop Sastre

((OOC: I'm proposing we set our focus to military - although having said that I don't know if Michaelangelo has whatever the relevant DLC is))

187px-Escudo_de_la_Provincia_de_Alicante.svg.png

Admiral de Abruzzi understands what we must do! I have already named my objections to peace: let us fight and destroy the Castillian fools who would dare strip the pride of Aragon!

I will support Total Victory as our ultimate goal for this war.

Lino Adrià María de Agramunt, Conde de Alicante

[Landed Noble]

In such trying times it is vital that we have a modern and efficient military. I am informed by those more knowledgeable in such matters than myself that military advancements are happening at a faster rate than at any time in history. Aragon cannot afford to be left behind.

((OOC: I'm proposing we set our focus to military - although having said that I don't know if Michaelangelo has whatever the relevant DLC is))

((The national focus feature? I have all the DLCs, so I can indeed do that.

I also forgot that I'd need to include a vote for these laws. Is everyone okay if I hold them off for the update following the war? I really just want to get the war done before I go back to work on Wednesday. Plus it doesn't make much sense for any major legislation to pass while a war is going on anyway.))

Your Grace Joan II,
While I may be the Marshal, I at least have common sense to know that the war we are fighting is a constantly losing battle. If we try to keep on pushing further and further into the Castilian heartland, it'll end up eventually backfiring and causing us to fall back to Aragon. So, while we can, I suggest we white peace the Castilian so we can regain our strength and manpower.

War With Castile: White Peace

From yours truly,
Jaume Cristofor, Count of Barcelona & Marshal of the Realm

((The national focus feature? I have all the DLCs, so I can indeed do that.

I also forgot that I'd need to include a vote for these laws. Is everyone okay if I hold them off for the update following the war? I really just want to get the war done before I go back to work on Wednesday. Plus it doesn't make much sense for any major legislation to pass while a war is going on anyway.))

((Makes sense. We can do laws and new plans after the war.))

Fernando recites a lengthy prayer for King Joan

Moncada-Spain.jpg

"While this decision should make the loyal subjects of the Aragon Crown weep and it is truly sorrowful that we cannot repay Castillians for the death of our late Sovereign, I have to concur with the opinion that a White Peace should be concluded for now, for when a Marshall, who himself advocated the war with Castillia, now recognizes that he cannot win it, there is no point to continue without changing the commander. For it is better not to cross the sea at all - then to cross it on a ship led by an unsure captain"

- En Bernat de Moncada, Lord Count of Girona

Your Grace Joan II de Trastámara,

Allow me to express my profound sympathies, and my apologies that this letter couldn't reach you sooner. I am certain you'll agree that the news of the tragic passing of your brother has hit the Kingdom hard. I will forever be grateful for how welcome he and your family have made me.

Nevertheless, now is not the time for mourning. Now is the time for vengeance. We must make these dastardly Castilians pay.

To respond to your recent request, it is of my opinion that we should steel ourselves and seek a CLOSE VICTORY for the Kingdom. Your Kingdom. Our Kingdom.

We owe it to your brother to show the Castilians we are the strongest in Iberia.

Long live the King.

Yours dutifully,
John Kendall
Kendall Trading