• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I shall not be contesting the Presidency. My focus will always be on the Assembly.

~ Gerrit Aldo Servatius van Kloetinge​

von Altmark stands up.

"Boo! Hiss!"

He proceeds to throw a small fish, which lands some 2 feet in front of him with a soft *squish*.

von Altmark stands up.

"Boo! Hiss!"

He proceeds to throw a small fish, which lands some 2 feet in front of him with a soft *squish*.

Servatius van Kloetinge smiles wryly at the yet another scene of absurdity unfolding before him, first eying the fish, then the thrower:

You surprise me, Herr von Altmark. I thought your contempt for popular democracy was unimpeachable.

Breaking News from München!

In a surprise turn of events, Wilhelm von Vandenburg, leader of the Imperialist Party and member of the Assembly for over 15 years, lost his seat and position after the 1884 election. Herr Vandenburg had suffered a near fatal heart attack after the passing of women's suffrage. He ran his campaign from his hospital bed, refusing to give up his seat so easily. The Imperialists had held onto München for decades with little sign of losing it. Herr Vandenburg's claim to the Assembly seat was disputed from within his own party though. With the passing of women's suffrage and the amendment proposed by Chancellor Carile, Herr Vandenburg's own daughter, Eva von Vandenburg, joined the Imperialist Party and campaigned against her own father. Rallying the support of the recently enfranchised women of München and others, she was able to claim a majority of the votes and take the Assembly seat previously held by her father. Many still question how a woman could best represent the Imperialists, but the people have spoken.

(( I'm not quite sure what happens to the party leadership now. As before, I'll hand it over to any other Imperialist that wants it, otherwise I guess I hold onto it. Also it's too bad to see several parties left unmanned. As always, I'd help if I could but I'd just add to the problem by leaving the Imperialists. Maybe people should consider merging all those extra liberal parties and shifting around.

Name: Eva von Vandenburg
Born: 1853
Birthplace: München
Party Affiliation: The Imperialists (Reactionary)
House: Assembly
Background: Daughter of Wilhelm von Vandenburg, Eva has been greatly influenced by his views. She is equally as stubborn as her father and has a sharp tongue to match. She strongly supports a strong military and the use of the army against other nations to achieve Germany's goals. She is somewhat less pro-monarchy than the rest of her family. The passing of women's suffrage has encouraged her to become politically involved as a representative of women's issues. She follows a traditionalist view on her sex, believing that it is a woman's duty to care for her family and the home. She has gathered the support of many middle and upper class women over these issues. She is an opponent of industrialization, seeing it as the bane of the family, especially if women become involved in factories. Change is a dangerous element that can threaten a nation after all. Anyone that calls her a hypocrite for serving in the Assembly instead of staying at home will receive quite an earful. ))

The Imperialists supporting women in government?! Truly, this country is headed down a strange and dangerous path.

Servatius van Kloetinge smiles wryly at the yet another scene of absurdity unfolding before him, first eying the fish, then the thrower:

You surprise me, Herr von Altmark. I thought your contempt for popular democracy was unimpeachable.

von Altmark sniffs.

"I boo you, not your decision."

He proceeds to throw another, slightly smaller, fish. It gets no closer to the too longed name man.

von Altmark sniffs.

"I boo you, not your decision."

He proceeds to throw another, slightly smaller, fish. It gets no closer to the too longed name man.

Thank you, sir. Coming from you, that's a great compliment.

~ S. v. K.​

The Imperialists supporting women in government?! Truly, this country is headed down a strange and dangerous path.

Not all women are liberal fools, Herr Hohenstaufen. The Imperialist Party represents all those of the right, regardless of sex. I will represent the values of the Imperialist party as well as any man can, and I am far better suited to represent the women of this nation than my male colleagues.

- Eva von Vandenburg

Long live liberty and long live the new liberalism! The Republic is entering a golden age of prosperity and freedom. There is much to celebrate, for soon all citizens will receive the benefits of total liberation! The Bundespartei's smashing success at the polls reveals the average citizen's desire to expand the principles of freedom and federalism.

But looking out from our borders the situation is grim. Our English and Polish enemies continue to grow in strength. Soon they will enslave the entire African continent under their tyranny! We cannot let this stand. We must deprive our enemies of this satisfaction and spread freedom across the globe!

-Herr Liberator

Scotland gained freedom from Ethiopia in the Yucatan Peninsula before they were promptly annexed by the British Empire.

((What the hell?))

Wilhelm Liebknecht continues to be the sole Communist in the Reichstag, controlling the seat for the city of Leipzig. However, he has begun training potential successors for party leadership -- wether it be his son Karl Liebknecht, or some of the women who flocked to the Communist Party banner.

I must state that I am pleased to see that the female proletariat have been given their day to enjoy the liberties and freedoms of the German nation. This much is good, but there is work to be done to ensure the security of the worker and to ensure the victory of Germany over the reactionary nations around us. I must state my nervousness as Poland and Britain expanding their political power right on our doorstep -- more must be done to contain these counterrevolutionary, reactionary enemies of the working class and of all Germans. The "Scotsmen" of the Yucatan (no doubt the creole descendants of Scottish settlers generations beforehand declaring themselves the one true Scotland) are the first of many victims of growing British tyranny -- and lo, the Negro. As uncivilized as he may be in the eyes of many, the fall of this Empire to Polish imperialism cannot be accepted, and should not be tolerated under any means! Perhaps the Negro will revolt against their tyrannical rule; I imagine annexing that much land is a rather sore subject domestically.

I will absolutely stand for the office of Reichsprasident (regardless of how slim my chances are).

In any case; Lang lebe Deutschland.

- Comrade Liebknecht

Heer von Schaumburg returning from his recent hunting trip in German Liberia upon hearing the recent news proceeds to descend into an almost incomprehensible rant about the death of the family,the incompetence of the Reichstag, the treachery of Poland, and the scandal and tragedy of allowing woman in the Imperialist party.

Truly the Reichstag has become a place of colorful, if not productive, discussion.

I am becoming perturbed by the rising militarism and aggressiveness of the other powers on the World Stage, especially in Africa. I suggest we increase our military strength in the coming years, to prevent any... encroachments by these governments.

~Herr Victor

Truly the Reichstag has become a place of colorful, if not productive, discussion.

I am becoming perturbed by the rising militarism and aggressiveness of the other powers on the World Stage, especially in Africa. I suggest we increase our military strength in the coming years, to prevent any... encroachments by these governments.

~Herr Victor

Perhaps we should liberate the Tricoleur Empire from Polish tyranny?

((I thought the Toucouleur Empire was in our sphere. How did Poland get away with annexing them in the first place?))

Perhaps we should liberate the Tricoleur Empire from Polish tyranny?
Perhaps, but I believe a military buildup should come before any planned or imagined wars, and I loathe the thought of sending the Republic's men into a war that they are ill-prepared for.

Provisional Italian Confederation Act.
  1. This act shall, upon being ratified as law, shall do the following...
  2. A pan-partisan council of commissioners (consisting of all political parties currently with seats in the Reichstag as of the election prior to this bill's passage) will be summoned to Nuremberg to form the Italian Devolutionary Committee -- this committee shall have the power to propose the final plan for the establishment of the "Italienisch Eidgenossenschaft" (Italian Confederation), a German-lead community of autonomous Italian states.
  3. This committee's responsibility will be to see the peaceful devolution of autonomous powers of the Italian regions to local rule under German guidance. This shall not only ensure that Germany's power is not overshadowed by a potential breakaway autonomous republic, but shall ensure that the Italian region does not devolve once more into lawlessness and be in need of direct assistance.
  4. However, in doing this, the German Republic shall retain the right to govern certain territories as deemed necessary by the IDC (Italian Devolution Committee) -- any territories with German majorities, or any territory that is deemed strategically necessary, shall be retained as German provinces.
  5. The IDC will, upon completion of their discussions and planning, propose to the Reichstag their plan for the Italian Confederation, and shall recommend to the Reichsprasident, Reichskanzler, Conclave and Assembly, the course of action necessary to be taken.
  6. All plans proposed must be ratified by at least half plus one of both the Conclave and the Assembly.
II. So ratifies and passes, the Provisional Italian Confederation Act.​

Provisional Italian Confederation Act.
  1. This act shall, upon being ratified as law, shall do the following...
  2. A pan-partisan council of commissioners (consisting of all political parties currently with seats in the Reichstag as of the election prior to this bill's passage) will be summoned to Nuremberg to form the Italian Devolutionary Committee -- this committee shall have the power to propose the final plan for the establishment of the "Italienisch Eidgenossenschaft" (Italian Confederation), a German-lead community of autonomous Italian states.
  3. This committee's responsibility will be to see the peaceful devolution of autonomous powers of the Italian regions to local rule under German guidance. This shall not only ensure that Germany's power is not overshadowed by a potential breakaway autonomous republic, but shall ensure that the Italian region does not devolve once more into lawlessness and be in need of direct assistance.
  4. However, in doing this, the German Republic shall retain the right to govern certain territories as deemed necessary by the IDC (Italian Devolution Committee) -- any territories with German majorities, or any territory that is deemed strategically necessary, shall be retained as German provinces.
  5. The IDC will, upon completion of their discussions and planning, propose to the Reichstag their plan for the Italian Confederation, and shall recommend to the Reichsprasident, Reichskanzler, Conclave and Assembly, the course of action necessary to be taken.
  6. All plans proposed must be ratified by at least half plus one of both the Conclave and the Assembly.
II. So ratifies and passes, the Provisional Italian Confederation Act.​

I believe the best solution would be for all Italians to be united in one political body within the confines of the Republic of Germany.

On that note, I shall be reintroducing the Second Italian Home Rule Act shortly.

-Herr Liberator

These traitorous acts are a true disgrace to the dignity of the Republic.

I find it odd how recommending devolution for an ethnic group is "treasonous". You must not have completed proper education, Comrade Hohenstaufen.

I find it odd how recommending devolution for an ethnic group is "treasonous". You must not have completed proper education, Comrade Hohenstaufen.

Sounds like Treason to me.