• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • The right to have a legal trial (to appear before a proper court and to defend oneself).
  • The right to appeal from the decisions of magistrates and to appeal the lower court decisions.
  • A Roman citizen could not be tortured or whipped, nor could he receive the death penalty, unless he was found guilty of treason.
  • If accused of treason, a Roman citizen had the right to be tried in Rome, and even if sentenced to death, no Roman citizen could be sentenced to die on the cross.
While it has been stated that Roman rights would be much more restricted in this time line, I believe that as Senators of Rome, we would still be entitled to such rights. Do you not agree?

Well, as others have probably stated, these laws don't necessarily transfer to medieval Byzantium, let alone grimdark Rome.

For one, I know for a fact that crucifixion was banned in Christian Rome.

Well, as others have probably stated, these laws don't necessarily transfer to medieval Byzantium, let alone grimdark Rome.

For one, I know for a fact that crucifixion was banned in Christian Rome.

I know, but it just seems odd that senators, would be given a great deal of power... But no rights? I mean, I would think we'd have SOME rights. But we don't know what that list of rights is yet...

The provided list includes an early version of the ban of crucifixion btw.

Reactions:
Alright everyone, I hope a couple of days in lockdown will be enough to get you all back firmly on topic. I do not want to spend another hour cleaning up in this thread.

Thank you.

I think we all have learned a valuable lesson - do not derail the thread. This was partially my fault, for which I apologize. In the future please avoid posting off-topic or I will notify the moderators.

And now let's get back to the AAR-related things:

Reactions:
DEV DIARY 8
COMMON SENSE

59qkqP6.jpg

This dev diary will be short because there weren't that many changes and also because there is another dev diary coming soon dedicated to the Far East. Today we will talk about changes made after „Common Sense” release (patch 1.12), which aren't that many.

RELIGION
Since Paradox introduced Tengri as a new faith, I decided to adapt and thus change bonuses of tengri_pagan_reformed to the new ones. Thus Tengri currently gives -2 global unrest and -10% regiment cost. Likewise colors of religions were updated so that they are the same as in vanilla.

STEPPE HORDE GOVERNMENT
A small thing which I have missed – probably back in „El Dorado” Paradox lowered legitimacy requirement for steppe hordes to reform government, so I did the same for ISF.

STEPPE HORDE GOVERNMENT
This is a huge change. As you surely noticed, „Common Sense” changed development a lot in some places, namely increasing it in Eastern Europe, Far East and several other places. Of course in 1.11.4 there is no development, only basetax and no matter what I can't really change the fact that during 1444-1540 period (1/3 of the game) some countries were weaker than they should be according to the latest version of EU4. So I decided to make some changes manually:

r31qN7H.jpg

Lithuania get +1 basetax in all her provinces to better reflect current development level in this region.

1HlJlVU.jpg

Likewise I gave +2 basetax to all European provinces of the Horde considering that they consist mostly of vanilla Lithuania + Muscowy (both buffed in vanilla).

And speaking of basetax changes: in dev diary 2 AFAIK I mentioned that basetax level all across the world was adjusted for different timeline. In general the Old World, due to centuries of devastating total wars, diseases and genocide is much worse off – less developed, sparsely populated, less innovative (which is simulated by „Dark Rennasaince” triggered modifier) etc. Nerfing Europe into the ground wouldn't make much sense however – minimal basetax level is 1, so by substracting it all across the board Europe would turn into a wasteland with dozens of identical 1 basetax provinces. So I decided back in September to slightly decrease development level in Europe and to increase basetax in other parts of the world. And since soon there will be a separate dev diary dedicated to Far East, let me just show you how this adjustement looked like in Asia:

GYA2Ggm.jpg

I know, this is a rather crude solution – but I made this event all way back before this AAR started and I didn't really know much about modding back then ( notice that even localization is wrong). To be honest, this was the first time I was modding anything in any game. But hey, what happened happened, right? At least the game will be somewhat challenging!

MAP CHANGE
This is something which was bugging me for a long time. Before this AAR started I had to manually assign provinces added in „Art of War” patch to proper tags (because they weren't included in exported CK2 save). It was boring task which took hours due to the fact that I was still learning how to mod and even the simplest things weren't that obvious to me. So by the time I got to Timurids I was fed up with changing lines in Notepad++ and just did copy and paste to their new provinces.

The problem was – which I noticed after the first chapter – that these provinces weren't set as „discovered” by Eastern tech countries. This caused an ugly effect on the map with patches of terra incognita scattered across TIM realm. So I decided to finally fix this with one simple event:

LeMMh6y.jpg

Again, localization is just me being lazy – this event revelead only provinces in regions which should be discovered by Imperium from the start of the campaign.

PISAN TRADE
This is something I should've done a long time ago – a lot of time is spent story-wise on reminding the reader about economical connections between Pisa and the rest of the Christendom. However the unique position of Pisa as a trade hub connecting Far West and Europe wasn't reflected at all in the game, so I decided to change this by introducing two new triggered modifiers:

Code:
# WAR WITH PISA
pisa_war = {
    potential = {
        capital_scope = { continent = europe }
        religion_group = christian
        NOT = { tag = PIS }
    }
    trigger = {
        war_with = PIS
    }
    interest = +1
    mercenary_cost = +0.25
    possible_mercenaries = -0.25
}

# PISAN TRADE
pisa_peace = {
    potential = {
        NOT = { tag = PIS }
    }
    trigger = {
        NOT = {war_with = PIS}
    }
    interest = -1
    mercenary_cost = -0.10
    possible_mercenaries = +0.10
}

OTHER CHANGES
I cleaned up the old mod folders to prepare „Imperium Sine Fine” to be transformed into a fully fledged mod. Right now ISF uses the following „mods” (not counting the graphical ones):
  • Converted_Roman_Empire_1411_11_11 (exported CK2 save)
  • Feudal Factions (third party mod tweaked by me for my own use)
  • Purple Phoenix Arises (mod made by Dorimi heavily tweaked by me)
  • Imperium Sine Fine_old (WIP mod made by me)
As you can see, it's a bit of a mess. All of this runs on the old 1.11.4. What I'm currently doing is tweaking, deleting and writing new files for „Imperium Sine Fine” mod for 1.13. It will take a long, long time before it's finished and the first version to be released will be rather bare bones. A lot of events you see in this AAR were written by Dorimi or by author of Feudal Factions and obviously I can't use them in my own mod. My plan right now is for the first version of ISF mod to contain the following:
  • historical files (provinces, countries, diplomacy) based on exported CK2 save
  • historical files based on my vision for the rest of the world (because I played „This Is Madness” before RoI release I could only export Europe and had to manually mod ROTW)
  • custom national ideas (for Imperium, Xenoi etc.)
  • flavor events for Imperium
  • triggered modifiers for some countries
  • new lucky nations set
  • tweaks to vanilla files which adapt them for ISF (for instance localization files for Xenoi Xolal would use „xenoi” instead of „Aztec”)
This is of course just a plan. I'm sure a lot will change and that it will take more time then I expect, so keep this in mind. Right now I use my „AAR time” for (1) Imperium Sine Fine (2) Pro Fide (3) modding - this project has low priority and it won't change probably. I'm just one guy so things like manually changing dozens of files simply has to take a lot of time. Oh and in case you are wondering – yes, „Pro Fide” is coming soon!

rp3Bq6G.jpg

That's about it. I'm in the middle of writing the new chapter, though due to some... major events which took place in game it seems like this chapter will either be huge or I'll have to divide it in two parts, so it's hard for me to say when exactly it'll be released. Of course the fact that I have c. 200 screenshots and only 25 images per chapter doesn't help considering that so many important things happened which can't be just skipped. Editing and planning takes at least as much time as writing but alas it has to be done, so please keep this in mind in case the release slips another several days or so.

4l7F4x0.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm happy to see this returned, and I'm hoping that kind of thing doesn't happen again. The dev diary is nice, and I'm impressed with your drive to improve the game to match the story, including the eventual release of the mod. I look forward to the dev diary on East Asia, the release of the next chapter (whether or not you decide to split it), and the trial if that is still happening. Your dedication is appreciated, even if the Senate occasionally devolves to a headless chicken. Glory to the Imperium and Czoklet.

Reactions:
I'm happy to see this returned, and I'm hoping that kind of thing doesn't happen again. The dev diary is nice, and I'm impressed with your drive to improve the game to match the story, including the eventual release of the mod. I look forward to the dev diary on East Asia, the release of the next chapter (whether or not you decide to split it), and the trial if that is still happening. Your dedication is appreciated, even if the Senate occasionally devolves to a headless chicken. Glory to the Imperium and Czoklet.

Hear hear! But I wouldn't quite go as far as to say a 'headless' chicken, maybe a bunch of squawking chickens... But no matter! We understand the gist of it. :D

Thank you very much :)
I'd like to play this mod
Me too! With ISF released as a mod it would be possible to play as Imperium or Xenoi in multiplayer - imagine the possibilities! I'm also thinking of adapting HRE mechanic for the mod. Renamed as "Christendom" it would encompass all Orthodox provinces in the world with the Imperium as the HRE emperor (no voting, men and women elligibile). This would make things much more interesting for people playing as Aquitaine, Pisa and Poland and for Mongol and Xenoi players as well. It would take some time to implement this however, there is a lot of events and modifiers to be changed but I think something like this would be great.

it would be possible to play as Imperium or Xenoi in multiplayer - imagine the possibilities!

I'll gladly stop the rotten Empire to establish Pisan riches and wisdom in all of Europe :)

Srsly, if we ever play mp I'd like to volunteer for Pisa. :D

When the mod is released I would gladly organize multiplayer session for readers and Senators :) I would probably play as Timurids or maybe someone in the Far West.

What is this "In-kuh" you are talking about?

Reactions:
I can't wait to try to unify the german remnants and try to survive surrounded by enemies! Maybe voting the Basileius Emperor and gain his protection? :p

Can i ask for the save ?

Its been stated in the past that the save (which at this point is a mod) will be released once the EU4 portion is done and the mod is complete. If it was released now, people would learn what lies in the unknown regions of the world, spoiling it for the readers.

Reactions: