• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@CzokletMuss I have a idea for my next character that is slightly problematic as he is more of representative instead of a head of the house and I was wondering about some other details. Those details would effect the suspicions of the trial so would you prefer me to send in an outline of the backstory? Or attempt to avoid complicating the trial?

Everything concerning new characters have to wait until the new chapter is released. You will understand why ;)

I am determined to be stupid and not understand on purpose now. But only on the outside. On the inside I just won't understand regardless of how hard I try.

Reactions:
Everything concerning new characters have to wait until the new chapter is released. You will understand why ;)
Ok I was just trying to make sure that the boundaries weren't crossed. Also the thing that might most upset the trial proceedings was that I had planned to have the eldest son of Maximos be a disinherited officer of the navy. Should I avoid this and redo the lore? Or should I keep it in?

I await the next chapter with extreme anticipation.

Reactions:
Okay :)

And now for something completely different - I think I'll have to release a short dev diary concerning changes I made after "Common Sense" release but here you have a little teaser:

Code:
#WAR WITH PISA
pisa_war = {
   potential = {
       tag = ROM
   }
   trigger = {
     war_with = PIS
   }
   interest = +2
   mercenary_cost = +0.25
   possible_mercenaries = -0.25
}

#PEACE WITH PISA
pisa_peace = {
   potential = {
       tag = ROM
   }
   trigger = {
     NOT = {war_with = PIS}
   }
   interest = -1
   mercenary_cost = -0.05
   possible_mercenaries = +0.05
}
Localization:

Code:
pisa_war: "Pisa Denies Her Services"
desc_pisa_war: "The Pisans are renowned for their banking houses and sell-swords. Both the loans and mercenaries will be harder to acquire as long as the Imperium is at war with Pisa."
pisa_peace: "Pisan Trade"
desc_pisa_peace: "The Pisans are renowned for their banking houses and sell-swords. As long as there is peace between the Imperium and Pisa, the services of the Republic are be available for the Romaioi."

Maybe... even Pisan bodyguards?

Okay :)

And now for something completely different - I think I'll have to release a short dev diary concerning changes I made after "Common Sense" release but here you have a little teaser:

Code:
#WAR WITH PISA
pisa_war = {
   potential = {
       tag = ROM
   }
   trigger = {
     war_with = PIS
   }
   interest = +2
   mercenary_cost = +0.25
   possible_mercenaries = -0.25
}

#PEACE WITH PISA
pisa_peace = {
   potential = {
       tag = ROM
   }
   trigger = {
     NOT = {war_with = PIS}
   }
   interest = -1
   mercenary_cost = -0.05
   possible_mercenaries = +0.05
}
Localization:

Code:
pisa_war: "Pisa Denies Her Services"
desc_pisa_war: "The Pisans are renowned for their banking houses and sell-swords. Both the loans and mercenaries will be harder to acquire as long as the Imperium is at war with Pisa."
pisa_peace: "Pisan Trade"
desc_pisa_peace: "The Pisans are renowned for their banking houses and sell-swords. As long as there is peace between the Imperium and Pisa, the services of the Republic are be available for the Romaioi."

Looks nice. But if I understand correctly, this modifier only works for the Roman Empire? If you plan to make TIM a full EU IV mod, wouldn't it be good to extend the modifier to other christian powers like the german states, Aquitaine. Poland, etc.? Giving a bit more flavor to them. Concerning this topic I wanted to ask anyway, if you plan to give other nations than the Imperium and the Xenoi some flavor modifiers, decisions and events?

Looks nice. But if I understand correctly, this modifier only works for the Roman Empire? If you plan to make TIM a full EU IV mod, wouldn't it be good to extend the modifier to other christian powers like the german states, Aquitaine. Poland, etc.? Giving a bit more flavor to them. Concerning this topic I wanted to ask anyway, if you plan to give other nations than the Imperium and the Xenoi some flavor modifiers, decisions and events?
If Poland does not get something it will be weird :p

Just to know @CzokletMuss , when did your play stop ? (just to know the future date and age of the characters)

You will understand why ;)

NOW I am scared, if only a little. The Angeloi protect!

As for the Pisans - where is @Enlil when we need him...

parade_by_thefiascofactor.jpg

at first I thought Czoklet wanted to punish himself harder, but it is a peace time buff, I am astonished ;)

NOW I am scared, if only a little. The Angeloi protect!

As for the Pisans - where is @Enlil when we need him...

at first I thought Czoklet wanted to punish himself harder, but it is a peace time buff, I am astonished ;)

I fear not! For the Imperium is Sine Fine! Besides, blasted Pisans don't have anything on the legions!
The Empire will vassalize and someday annex the Pisans... someday soon I do hope... soon...

Interesting changes, it's now in the imperium's own interests to leave Pisa as a neutral party.

The doge weighs in on the changes:

fUSS5GO.jpg
Damn neutral bastards, you just don't know where they stand. XD

Damn neutral bastards, you just don't know where they stand. XD

They stand in Pisa?

Interesting changes, it's now in the imperium's own interests to leave Pisa as a neutral party.

The doge weighs in on the changes:

fUSS5GO.jpg

Space Doge? We should vassalize them, even still... Than, we'd have unending peace with them, meaning unending bonuses!

Reactions:
Reactions:
Bubba's passionate, relentless drive to save his friends and get justice will be buttressed by a special guest at the trial.
Bubba's oldest brother, Rev. Dooley Azizid, Archbishop of Azerbaijan (or a parish of Czoklet's choice, will present evidence backing up the Flaming River Letter (the defense's smoking handcannon) in the form of a letter Bubba wrote to Dooley about the Flaming River Letter days prior. It will have the text of the letter copied on it with the traced accuracy of someone made literate in Church schools.

Of course, it wouldn't be TIM if there wasn't a snag in the good guys' plan.
The letter Bubba sent is in Mongolian without Greek or Latin translation, while Dooley's reply is in Latin and Mongolian. Obviously, Dooley didn't bother to translate Bubba's letter because Mongolian is his first language.

(@CzokletMuss , would you allow the original letter to be produced, or is the copy of the letter Bubba noted when writing to his brother as far of evidence as you accept, for drama's sake?)

The numerous eunuchs, slaves, and unaffiliated witnesses catering to the Blues in the meeting will be called one after another, and in the crown jewel of the defense, the sleazy guard that delivered the letter, observed the faction, and lies to the President will be called to the stand and put under oath. (I assume that Roman oaths in court are to Saint Markos, God, and the Emperor.)

Reactions:
Bubba's passionate, relentless drive to save his friends and get justice will be buttressed by a special guest at the trial.
Bubba's oldest brother, Rev. Dooley Azizid, Archbishop of Azerbaijan (or a parish of Czoklet's choice, will present evidence backing up the Flaming River Letter (the defense's smoking handcannon) in the form of a letter Bubba wrote to Dooley about the Flaming River Letter days prior. It will have the text of the letter copied on it with the traced accuracy of someone made literate in Church schools.

Of course, it wouldn't be TIM if there wasn't a snag in the good guys' plan.
The letter Bubba sent is in Mongolian without Greek or Latin translation, while Dooley's reply is in Latin and Mongolian. Obviously, Dooley didn't bother to translate Bubba's letter because Mongolian is his first language.

(@CzokletMuss , would you allow the original letter to be produced, or is the copy of the letter Bubba noted when writing to his brother as far of evidence as you accept, for drama's sake?)

The numerous eunuchs, slaves, and unaffiliated witnesses catering to the Blues in the meeting will be called one after another, and in the crown jewel of the defense, the sleazy guard that delivered the letter, observed the faction, and lies to the President will be called to the stand and put under oath. (I assume that Roman oaths in court are to Saint Markos, God, and the Emperor.)

Bubba is alright, right? :( I'd have to kill someone if he died... *sharpens knives, muwahaha IT ISN'T MARCH, BUT STILL! AVE! FALL CAESAR!* :D

But, joining the Senate as an Isaurian will impede the president from ever disrespecting people based on, "Meh family did this, ye filthy peasants!"
The closest they got to real prestigious positions was a, Anna Dalasenne, who served for a few years as regent. The rest of them were lowly public officials and a few magistrates.
On the other hand, the Isaurians were strategoses of the Anatolic theme before Leo III Isauros became Emperor. Even if the Isaurians weren't successful in the end and lost due to religious and a political shifts, the Dalasennes don't have anything on them in matters of prestige level.

As such I would find it quite audacious if President Dalasenne continues to bring this matter of prestige up every time the senate questions his actions.

All in all, I support Bubba in his stand against racism! A true Roman and brother in Yesus Khrist through and through! His line of missionaries is probably more prestigious than the President. After all they have served god and the emperor faithfully. Even if the President does serve the Emperor faithfully I couldn't possibly call him more of a man than our good Bubba. Perhaps he knows this, and HE may have been the one behind the assassination, and as such HE may have framed the Blues! I say we should insure we get a different presiding judge, a Tribune of the People to preside over the hearings, as it should be!

• The right to have a legal trial (to appear before a proper court and to defend oneself).
  • The right to appeal from the decisions of magistrates and to appeal the lower court decisions.
  • A Roman citizen could not be tortured or whipped, nor could he receive the death penalty, unless he was found guilty of treason.
  • If accused of treason, a Roman citizen had the right to be tried in Rome, and even if sentenced to death, no Roman citizen could be sentenced to die on the cross.
While it has been stated that Roman rights would be much more restricted in this time line, I believe that as Senators of Rome, we would still be entitled to such rights. Do you not agree?

Last edited:
Reactions:
TurtleShroom, we can only roleplay our Senator. Unless Czoklet allows it, Bubba's brother can't be involved. We still don't know how the trials will go, so planning ahead may be pointless. Of course, if you want to get Bubba in trouble, it might make the others look innocent in comparison...

TurtleShroom, we can only roleplay our Senator. Unless Czoklet allows it, Bubba's brother can't be involved. We still don't know how the trials will go, so planning ahead may be pointless. Of course, if you want to get Bubba in trouble, it might make the others look innocent in comparison...

BUT BUBBA CAN'T DIE! I PLEAD GUILTY!!! <--- THAT MAY WORK! :D

Think about it, if I JUST joined the senate, and I plead guilty, they have irrefutable proof that I'm innocent. It creates a paradox that Czlokelt won't want to solve and we all walk home free!
Blues ftw! :D