• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{
{{The presence of Senator Azzizid within Sacred Palace surely is going to be controversial - after all, all Mongols who entered the Konstantinoupolis so far were either slaves or captives and most of them were brought here for a triumph on Hippodrome and later executed. Current Emperor is quite tolerant as you surely noticed but this doesn't mean everyone will welcome Bubba with open arms - quite the contrary. I'm sure however that by allowing TurleShroom's House to join the Senate this and subsequent sessions will be much more interesting ;) }}

Excellent news. His family just has to be really large since quite a few members might not live to see the end of a session if they do not follow Roman senatorial customs. The idea of having a Mongol drawn and quartered by his very own horse came across my mind ... panem et circensis.
}}

DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #15

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces:

1) that the following noble Houses have not appointed new representative to the Imperial Senate since the last Session:
  1. House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  2. House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)

2) that the following Houses were permenently removed from Album Senatorium
  1. House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  2. House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  3. House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  4. House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  5. House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)

3) that as of this moment the Imperial Senate consists of 24 Senators as per the Album Senatorium:

1. senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. senator Decius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  3. senator Diaver of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  4. senator Titos of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  5. senator Bubba of the noble House AZIZID (played by: TurtleShroom)
  6. senator Maximos of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  7. senator Herakleios of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  8. senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. senator Ulysses of the noble House AELIOUS (played by: Coragamy)
  10. senator Quintus of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
  11. VACANT SEAT of the noble House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  12. senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  13. senator Giacomo of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  14. senator Giovanni of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  15. senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  16. senator Alexios of the noble House MIKRIANDES (played by: Titianicia)
  17. senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  18. senator Iskinder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  19. senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar)
  20. senator Christian of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  21. senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  22. senator Alexios of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  23. senator Marcelo of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  24. senator Pau of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)
  25. VACANT SEAT of the noble House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  26. senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)

4) that the noble Senators have joined the following Senate Factions:

unaffiliated
  1. senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
  2. senator Quintus of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
  3. senator Alexios of the noble House MIKRIANDES (played by: Titianicia)

DqZtmDv.jpg

1. senator Maximos of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  2. senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  3. senator Ulysses of the noble House AELIOUS (played by: Coragamy)
  4. senator Giacomo of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  5. senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  6. senator Iskinder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  7. senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar)
  8. senator Pau of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)

jUOt3FO.jpg

1. senator Decius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  2. senator Titos of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  3. senator Giovanni of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  4. senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  5. senator Alexios of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  6. senator Marcelo of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)

2WOjbVD.jpg

1. senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. senator Diaver of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  3. senator Bubba of the noble House AZIZID (played by: TurtleShroom)
  4. senator Herakleios of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  5. senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  6. senator Christian of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  7. senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)

xDyKeWo.jpg

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikophoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Reactions:
{{Never trust a chart you haven't made yourself - here goes nothing the "official" white demes chart:

demes7ooa4.jpg

I'm sorry.

The interesting thing is: Any agreement between two factions will ensure a majority - if everyone is active and votes accoding to his faction. The unaffiliated don't seem to have too much influence this time around.}}

{{The unaffiliated not having as much influence makes sense. It was pointed out to them last Session that there are benefits of joining a faction.}}

Senator Bubba Azizid:

Bubba cocked an eyebrow at the comments about his vocabulary.

"Who would accuse me of heresy? Heresy defies the preferences of the Church and blasphemy is the unspeakable sin of defying God and His perfect Word. Heresy isn't a sin but blasphemy is, and I do neither by merely speaking. For Markos' sake, everyone in far eastern Rome uses those terms; there are many Latin words I cannot pronounce and, as you can tell by my thick accent, neither Greek nor Latin are my first languages. Words like Horde for our armies and hosts, Holy
Khagan Angeloi for Yesüs' Regent on earth... if I'd be executed for my terminology, then all of eastern Rome would have to hang with me... I guess I can see the logic behind calling not addressing Rome's great soldiers and, catuh-frack-tuh... cat-frack-toy... cat-uh-frack-toi, whatever it was as Hordes, but where I come from, acknowledging anyone as Khagan is a supreme honor. We do not refer to the ruler of Mongolyn Ezent Güren as 'Khagan', for he is a lost heathen and a violent soul who has killed many of my family and the families of my friends and fellow church-goers. We refer to him as Khan, for Khagan, our revered term for 'emperor', is unbecoming of him. There is only one Khagan, only one Imperium, only one nation protected by God. I'll refrain from using 'Horde', but to cut off many other terms I use would make it extremely difficult to communicate. I'm not a native Greek or Latin speaker, no one where I come from is, and even the clergy have some sort of accent. Besides, a heretic is someone who claims to follow the True Faith and does something demonstratably in defiiance of its preferences. I doubt the Copts and Thomasites of Ceylon call themselves Orthodox. I've studied Church teaching for years, I mean, my oldest brother is an archbishop and my youngest brother a monk!"

He paused.

"I can understand your hesitance on my reccomendations about calvary and more efficient colonizing ships. I'll let it slide and perhaps propose it to the full Senate, God willing. I still think, though, that combining the streamlining of our Horde's maintenance with interest reductions is better than proposing those policies separately. What do you gentlemen think?"

Senator Marcus Arrius

Senator Azizid, the issue with your proposal is that while it benefits the Imperium, it does not directly help the Blue Demes. Self interest has lead many to ruin, but we must think of our faction as well as the Imperium. We can use your proposal in the future, but now is not the best time.

Senator Leon Cortez

"Very well, Senator Azizid, but I think you underestimate the amount of hot air that is produced at a session. I was taught latin and greek for the sake of ease of dealing with nobility, despite my castillan heritage. These senators can't be expected to know the amount of respect behind a title such as 'Khagan' because it's something the heathens refer to their own rulers as, and you will have to defend yourself over using that term.

Your talk of cavalry does interest me, however, Moldavoi and other mongol cavalry tactics have been of great benefit to the imperial army, when adapted for our own armored kataphraktoi, of course, but the Xenoi and pisans have had little contact with any horde cavalry, and I think a policy of promoting these hybrid cavalry tactics in patrolling our overland trade routes in the west would cut down xenoi and pisans who attempt to raid our caravans with great efficiency, as well as our own ability to disrupt xenoi-pisan land routes from northern Europa. {{+cavalry combat ability, +trade power}}. Shipping is the primary means of trade in the imperium, but a surprising amount of pisan goods come from land, and with control of the pillars of hercules, that will only increase."

{{I honestly don't expect Bubba to take any of these warnings to heart, of course}}

Quintus sat in his study, finishing writing the letters to the senators in the hope that his words would not fall upon def ears.

"Arellius, could you come in here please?" A young man who looked to be a Syrian origin entered into the room.

"Yes master, how can I aid you?" Quintus cocked an eyebrow at the word 'master'.
{{Okay, three things:
1) You may only role-play one person - your Senator. You can't play (speak, act) as anyone else.
2) While speaking in character, you have to start every post with
Code:
[b][size=4]Senator <name>[/b][/size]
3) As one of the unaffiliated Senators, you can post in character ONLY during the Senate Session; right now there is no Session, only Faction Meeting. You've just joined the Senate so there won't be consequences but next time you break the rules you will be banned from the next Session @Teutonic King.

Blue Demes - your meeting is almost over and I still don't see a consensus on Faction Speaker. You have 1h20m left to elect him.}}

Senator Marcus Arrius

Gentlemen, our time is short so I shall be blunt. I had hoped to be the Speaker of the Blue Demes, but I will put that aside so that we have a clear leader in the Session. I announce my support for Senator Kastelos. May he lead the Blues to glory. No one else has shown an interest in putting themself forward, so I believe he is the unopposed Speaker, yes?

Senator Bubba Azizid

"Although I still think paying for the maintenance is better than streamlining the combat abilities, I greatly see the benefit of your proposition." the Mongoloid smiled. "You understand the importance of calvary over infantry, especially against those unaccustomed to such combat. Would you believe that my studies suggest that the Xenoi never saw a horse before they invaded?"

Bubba nodded.

"I wholeheartedly support your suggestion. If it is proposed as you have suggested it, I will gladly vote in favor of it."

{ OOC: I am good with that. }

"Regarding the Speaker of the Blue Khural, I'd vote and nominate Cortez or settle with Arrius, who also deserves a nomination. I'll nominate them both now. However, I will not be excercising my veto during this decision. I trust the wisdom of my fellow nökers over my own. I cast my first vote for Cortez."

{{Okay, three things:
1) You may only role-play one person - your Senator. You can't play (speak, act) as anyone else.
2) While speaking in character, you have to start every post with
Code:
[b][size=4]Senator <name>[/b][/size]
3) As one of the unaffiliated Senators, you can post in character ONLY during the Senate Session; right now there is no Session, only Faction Meeting. You've just joined the Senate so there won't be consequences but next time you break the rules you will be banned from the next Session @Teutonic King.

Blue Demes - your meeting is almost over and I still don't see a consensus on Faction Speaker. You have 1h20m left to elect him.}}
{{ Understandable, however it is unfortunate, since I wished to discuss before the session.}}

{{I appreciate the vote, but we need to be unanimous. I'd rather abdicate and the Blue's have a Speaker than nearly win and the Blues be the only Faction without a leader.}}

{{I appreciate the vote, but we need to be unanimous. I'd rather abdicate and the Blue's have a Speaker than nearly win and the Blues be the only Faction without a leader.}}
{{You talk like you know someone is going to veto your election to faction leader.}}

Senator Leon Cortrez

"You honor me with your nomination, but I am somewhat flustered with all this talk of the east while..."
Leon walks to the easternmost wall of the building, "This may well be the furthest east I have physically been, as oppsoed to having personally set foot on the canary islands, former naval base of the xenoi invasion fleet. I can speak pragmatically enough with other senators, our previous session's policy speaks to that, but I haven't the knowledge to be a true Blue, and may not be able to advance our interests in those matters."

{{So... is it Cortez or Arrius? I need to know :) }}

FACTION MEETING - CLOSING

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces that

THE MEETING OF THE BLUE DEMES HAS ENDED

Noble senator Marcus of the noble House Arrius (played by: TheAnguishedOne) was elected as Speaker of the Blue Demes.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikephoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Reactions: