• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I imagine the Prussia fanboyism has a lot to do with how insane their NIs are. It was always my go-to before I realized just how stupid easy having NIs that made it easy to win with 1:2 odds was. I still feel that changing the Prussian ideas to a development focus rather than a terminator-troop focus would be more historical and take out an ahistorical cheese-y game mechanic.

Unfortunately it seems that the Prussian NIs have convinced people that Prussia really was founded by a man from space, and that in the 1600s they did run around in power armor, and that the Napoleanic war was Prussia walking up to France and slapping them until Napolean gave up.

If you gave Milan terminator-troop NIs then they'd be very popular as well.

Reactions:
Yes, high altitude lakes can be created through map modding.

As a nice little bonus to modders, there will be console commands in the next patch to reload the heightmap and province map ingame, so restart isn't required for most map editing.
Sweet! Also, if you can also keep in the 'feature' of seas not being rendered as water, that would be cool too. (*cough* space! *cough*)

And reloading maps ingame... *drooool* :D

Hmm, Byzantium not in the first 10?

If they measure it by number of started campaigns it should definitely be, because 9 of 10 byz starts you need to restart :)

It doesn't even show up in our data summary (except bundled with 'other'), it's not a very popular country.

Reactions:
Very nice.

I imagine the Prussia fanboyism has a lot to do with how insane their NIs are. It was always my go-to before I realized just how stupid easy having NIs that made it easy to win with 1:2 odds was. I still feel that changing the Prussian ideas to a development focus rather than a terminator-troop focus would be more historical and take out an ahistorical cheese-y game mechanic.

Unfortunately it seems that the Prussian NIs have convinced people that Prussia really was founded by a man from space, and that in the 1600s they did run around in power armor, and that the Napoleanic war was Prussia walking up to France and slapping them until Napolean gave up.

Given that every other top 10 country are the most accessible countries in the UI... I really don't think it's because of the NIs.

Reactions:

True, I do like an odd Brandenburg campaign for the Space Marine legions. But yeah, Napoleonic wars weren't like that - more like Prussian-Austrian war and Franco-Prussian war of 1871, which is outside the timeline.

Reactions:
Side note: who was project lead before and when did the change occur? Was it over CoP's mixed reception?

It was Besuchov, Thomas Johannssen (spelling), he is now the new Johan, and Johan is EVP of something

Considering this was an upwards move for Besuchov, I can't imagine it was punishment for a perceived mixed reception of CoP

Reactions:
Besuchov was project lead before me, is now the Studio Manager of PDS. Johan (who was Studio Manager) is now EVP of Game Development at Paradox as a whole.

Reactions:
The claims about 'people prefer historical' has never been backed up in our data. Your personal preferences are not automatically those of the majority.

I would really like to play with random new world. But atm, the map generated is so basic and... soulless that i prefer to play with the real one.

Reactions:
I would really like to play with random new world. But atm, the map generated is so basic and... soulless that i prefer to play with the real one.

I feel the same way about it, thus why I want to improve it. People *do* play with it though, so it's not broken or horrible or anything... just lackluster.

Reactions:
Honestly when you guys announced randomly generated new world. I was kinda hoping it would have different templates. Like some maps would be how early explorers envisioned the new world with strange and broken up continents, other maps would be sporadic islands like a massive caribean. special maps could have the nay sayers be right and there be no new world, with just a massive unending ocean, and rarer times columbus could be right and asia is just around the corner making it the new new world. I know that probably isn't possible with the game engine and trading, but that's how I envisioned it in my mind and damn did it seem cool

Reactions:
Given that every other top 10 country are the most accessible countries in the UI... I really don't think it's because of the NIs.
Well I got EU4 fresh because a friend REALLY wanted to play it with me. I loaded up 1444, looked at the map, and thought "oh hey a holy order, that'll be fun." Played TO and looked at the decisions and thought "Form Prussia? What the hell?" Looked up history and thought "HAH, Prussia was founded by a holy order, that makes sense."

I dunno how many other people did the same thing I did, but that's why at least I started to play Bberg.

Reactions:
This is a suggestion, but it could work.

Why not give modders a shot at fixing the random world generator? Make a contest out if it and find a good reward for the one that does it best. I think that might be the best way to get something that works I think there is plenty of demand for it and there might be some interest in doing it too. (though I am not a modder myself)

Reactions: